Salary.sg Forums - Reply to Topic
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs > Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Salary.sg Forums

Thread: Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision Reply to Thread
Your Username: Click here to log in
Human Verification To prove you are a human and not a computer program that spams, please check the box below and answer any further questions if prompted.

Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
25-05-2020 10:48 PM
sharon.yeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Unfortunately, I have already e-signed the contracts alrdy. (Though Iím required to sign the hard copy on day 1 again.)
Does that mean if I back out now, my future applications to current (or all SB) will be blacklisted?
I've always found transparent communication to work the best. May be better to give HR a call to share verbally first, before following up with a formal email.

Share your considerations and rationale for opting for the other job offer, and the situation you're going through which may make the other job offer a better mutual fit at this point in time. Doing the communication verbally first also helps express your sincerity and understand how the company approaches such situations.
23-05-2020 12:34 AM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Unfortunately, I have already e-signed the contracts alrdy. (Though Iím required to sign the hard copy on day 1 again.)
Does that mean if I back out now, my future applications to current (or all SB) will be blacklisted?
hmm...e sign is pretty much just a preliminary signing for the actual contract so i'd say the door is still open for you to exit! Just plan well how to broach this topic with HR, be honest and polite. Hi HR, my apologies but I would like to inform you of my decision to withdraw from this position after all, due to personal reasons. Something along these lines. Make sure you really apologize as sincerely as you can as it's quite rude la honestly to back out now but it's still early so it's fine. Anyway to ans your question, the blacklist is usually internal, so it will just be this SB if you do get blacklisted by HR. Of course there may not be a formal blacklist but HR will probably mark you next time if you apply again lol
22-05-2020 07:30 PM
Unregistered Does sound like public service is not your primary choice, given that you are swayed by an offer from a private company. Best to call up HR and discuss your situation.
22-05-2020 11:13 AM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Unfortunately, I have already e-signed the contracts alrdy. (Though Iím required to sign the hard copy on day 1 again.)
Does that mean if I back out now, my future applications to current (or all SB) will be blacklisted?
Only HR can confirm if SB practises ďblacklistingĒ. It would be understandable if they did, and this is surely practised by recruitment firms and other private sector organisations.
22-05-2020 11:02 AM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Accept offer as in accept verbal or sign contract? if you've only accepted verbally, just quickly call back and inform HR politely that you've decided to turn down the offer after all, dont have to explain why if they dont ask.

After rejecting, go ahead and accept the offer from the prestigious company.

Blacklist will only happen if you sign the SB contract black and white but no show on 1st day of work.
Unfortunately, I have already e-signed the contracts alrdy. (Though Iím required to sign the hard copy on day 1 again.)
Does that mean if I back out now, my future applications to current (or all SB) will be blacklisted?
21-05-2020 04:42 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone,
Recently I got offered a job in a SB and have accepted the offer but start date yet to be determined due to CCB. (...To be determined after CCB) However, Iím have gotten another offer from a prestigious company (Pte) after that. Now Iím more inclined to accepting the latter.
Nd advice on how I can reject the formal please? I wish to do this while avoid getting blacklisted by the said SB while doing so.. please help 🙏
Accept offer as in accept verbal or sign contract? if you've only accepted verbally, just quickly call back and inform HR politely that you've decided to turn down the offer after all, dont have to explain why if they dont ask.

After rejecting, go ahead and accept the offer from the prestigious company.

Blacklist will only happen if you sign the SB contract black and white but no show on 1st day of work.
19-05-2020 05:11 PM
Unregistered Hi there people,

Re: Stat board openings

Roughly how long did the HR get back to you during this CB period ?
Any emails or calls from the jobs that you had applied during this period?
Will they only get back to you only after the closing dates of the openings?
How many job applications did you guys applied?

Thank you !
19-05-2020 02:44 PM
Unregistered
Retracting an Accepted Offer?

Hi everyone,
Recently I got offered a job in a SB and have accepted the offer but start date yet to be determined due to CCB. (...To be determined after CCB) However, Iím have gotten another offer from a prestigious company (Pte) after that. Now Iím more inclined to accepting the latter.
Nd advice on how I can reject the formal please? I wish to do this while avoid getting blacklisted by the said SB while doing so.. please help 🙏
19-05-2020 10:08 AM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone has had similar experiences? Seems like rejection after verbal approval seems quite common based on this forum. Is this true?
is the status inaccurate?
19-05-2020 10:05 AM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hr called me to wait for medical checkup after interview, but the status became unsucessful a few days later?
Anyone has had similar experiences? Seems like rejection after verbal approval seems quite common based on this forum. Is this true?
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2