Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Investments and Net Worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/)
-   -   Whats your net worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/817-whats-your-net-worth.html)

Unregistered 03-04-2013 09:27 PM

Impressive peeps in this forum man. Makes me wanna work hard save loads and invest too..not sure of the veracity of some claims but that's not for me to decide

I'm graduating now and starting a job in a stat board.

I saved money during army and took a gap year (for personal reasons) and managed to save about 20k by te time I started uni. I'm really frugal.

Also worked while in uni part time to pay off tuition fees and expenses

At the end of it all,

I've 8k in my bank
Investments 6k
Abt 10k in my cpf OA

I have outstanding loan though 7k (went for exchange)

Makes me wonder if working in a stat board or civil service for that matter will help me become "rich".

A very small fry compared to the above undergrad who is already worth 100k plus..

But ill get there one day

Unregistered 03-04-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35218)
Hello guys!

This year I will be 48, I earn $135k pa while my wife earns $100k pa.

We live in a big terrace house and renting out my HDB flat and two condos.

Our net worth is only about $6m. Hope to reach $10m by 65 years old when I retire.

Plan to travel the world when we retire. By then our passive income should be about $500k pa.

agree, $6M net worth at 48 is not fantastic and sadly if you only retire at 65 years old there's not many healthy years remaining to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

our net worth is about $3M at 36, and we feel it's not really a great achievement either. one consolation is that my wife doesn't work so she can enjoy spending time with our kids

Unregistered 04-04-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35218)
Hello guys!

This year I will be 48, I earn $135k pa while my wife earns $100k pa.

We live in a big terrace house and renting out my HDB flat and two condos.

Our net worth is only about $6m. Hope to reach $10m by 65 years old when I retire.

Plan to travel the world when we retire. By then our passive income should be about $500k pa.

Dream on dude. At 48, earning only a combined $235K, you dont have much time to achieve your target of $10M. You also better start worrying about how to pay for the condos and HDB upkeep when the economy tank, and you cannot get tennants. And if you should lose your income, eat grass then.

Travel the world now while you still can and not wait till later when ill health may get in the way

Unregistered 04-04-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35234)
Dream on dude. At 48, earning only a combined $235K, you dont have much time to achieve your target of $10M. You also better start worrying about how to pay for the condos and HDB upkeep when the economy tank, and you cannot get tennants. And if you should lose your income, eat grass then.

Travel the world now while you still can and not wait till later when ill health may get in the way

Hi, thanks for your concern. Forgot to tell you guys that I used to be an investment banker and that's how I managed to buy all my properties, which are now fully paid up. So, no worries if I don't get rental. I don't think the economy is going to tank any time soon. In fact, you will be surprised to know that the global economy is recovering.

I am now working part time, that's explain the small annual income. I don't have to work actually. By 65, all my properties would have appreciated and that is why I hope they will be worth $10m by the time I retire. I hope to increase my rents too to help finance my travels.

Life in Singapore is great!

Unregistered 04-04-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35237)
Hi, thanks for your concern. Forgot to tell you guys that I used to be an investment banker and that's how I managed to buy all my properties, which are now fully paid up. So, no worries if I don't get rental. I don't think the economy is going to tank any time soon. In fact, you will be surprised to know that the global economy is recovering.

I am now working part time, that's explain the small annual income. I don't have to work actually. By 65, all my properties would have appreciated and that is why I hope they will be worth $10m by the time I retire. I hope to increase my rents too to help finance my travels.

Life in Singapore is great!

If i were you, i may consider doing some part-time charity work. It's pretty obvious you don't need that much active income to get by. You'll be surprised how much joy you can get from helping others who are not as fortunate.

Unregistered 04-04-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35246)
If i were you, i may consider doing some part-time charity work. It's pretty obvious you don't need that much active income to get by. You'll be surprised how much joy you can get from helping others who are not as fortunate.

Yes, that is what i have been doing. Totally agree it has been fulfilling, much more than my IB work. I also donate to charities too.

My plan is to eventually hand over all my wealth to my kids when I die. However, they now have to work hard to earn their first BTO and move up the corporate ladder. Eventually they should be abe to afford a condo after selling their BTO. With the profits from BTO (estimated to be about $300K) and their savings I set aside for them all these years, they will be able to finally afford a condo and later a landed of their own.

Unregistered 04-04-2013 11:04 AM

Working in civil service in my mid 30s now.

Due to good luck from a few property flips and stocks punt, manage to accumulate $2.2 mil. My current plan is to retire at 40 with a net worth of ~3 mil.

I dont spend a lot so the passive income generated should be enough to get by.

Unregistered 04-04-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35251)
Working in civil service in my mid 30s now.

Due to good luck from a few property flips and stocks punt, manage to accumulate $2.2 mil. My current plan is to retire at 40 with a net worth of ~3 mil.

I dont spend a lot so the passive income generated should be enough to get by.

Congratulations!

Are you married with kids or single? My sense you must be single and plan to be single all your life? What properties do you now own?

Unregistered 04-04-2013 07:06 PM

yawn....if you actually believe anything in this forum than 100% of singaporeans are multi millionaires. Personally most multi millionaires I m aware of are not so bo liao to surf forums every other day to declare their net worth. They usually have much better things to do

lazyplane 04-04-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35269)
yawn....if you actually believe anything in this forum than 100% of singaporeans are multi millionaires. Personally most multi millionaires I m aware of are not so bo liao to surf forums every other day to declare their net worth. They usually have much better things to do

i dont disagree with you but i cant agree fully as well.

i think the forum more like show case how there are really so many milliomaires in sg. if i recall correctly , 188,000 millionaries in a population of 4.9 million

u just nedd .1% of the millionaires to visit this forum n post.

add to that , sg being small, no much other things to do, i think it is possible there are those whom r what they claim to be. Being a sg local, i can say yes we r truly so bo liao.