Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Investments and Net Worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/)
-   -   Whats your net worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/817-whats-your-net-worth.html)

Unregistered 10-02-2010 05:42 PM

Come to think of it...is calculating net worth so impt?Meaning to say our worth is measured by dollars and cents...hmm...my wife and i are both teachers too but our net worth is certainly way below you and your wife.

Unregistered 11-02-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5188)
Come to think of it...is calculating net worth so impt?Meaning to say our worth is measured by dollars and cents...hmm...my wife and i are both teachers too but our net worth is certainly way below you and your wife.

haha... certainly not. but if you want to discuss other kinds of "worth", you should not be visiting this forum!

Unregistered 11-02-2010 02:28 PM

myself n wife (both 39), cash: 750k; cpf: 530k, ppty (value: 1.1m; loan: 790k)

Unregistered 11-02-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5192)
myself n wife (both 39), cash: 750k; cpf: 530k, ppty (value: 1.1m; loan: 790k)

it's pretty good. why the sad face?

is the ppty your primary residence? what jobs are you working as?

Unregistered 11-02-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5182)
both 35-year-old teachers, 800k combined net worth.

This is definitely not possible if you start from scratch without financial support from family. Unless you strike it big in investment, lottery and has no car and house.

Unregistered 12-02-2010 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5195)
This is definitely not possible if you start from scratch without financial support from family. Unless you strike it big in investment, lottery and has no car and house.

I guess most of the people here in this forum with cash well over 500k and yet under 40 yrs old must have made prudent investments over the years that did really well.For me and wife,combined net worth 50k only not including CPF monies and property.We r both teachers with monthly income of $5.5k combined so it was really difficult for us to accumulate much wealth over the years unlike probably most of you who r doing really well in the private sector:(

Unregistered 12-02-2010 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5194)
it's pretty good. why the sad face?

is the ppty your primary residence? what jobs are you working as?

sad face, cos a lot of the ppl here look like doing very very well.
yes is my pri residence, both in banking.

Unregistered 12-02-2010 08:25 AM

5.5k combined seems on the low side. are both of you just starting out? when younger, i used to think too how it's even possible to own a car much less a condo with my meagre pay of 3k. but i afforded them anyway and with quite a lot left too (thru prudent investing). my pay is normal. i see teachers driving big cars and live in condos, so i don't think it's the profession. and teaching is a very respectable profession- thanks for nurturing our children! don't worry too much- save up, invest wisely, and you'll do well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5196)
I guess most of the people here in this forum with cash well over 500k and yet under 40 yrs old must have made prudent investments over the years that did really well.For me and wife,combined net worth 50k only not including CPF monies and property.We r both teachers with monthly income of $5.5k combined so it was really difficult for us to accumulate much wealth over the years unlike probably most of you who r doing really well in the private sector:(

Unregistered 12-02-2010 03:15 PM

net worth

Both 32 yrs old. (single income)

Cash & Stocks 250k. CPF 120k.

Property value: 700k, loan 400k.

Unregistered 12-02-2010 06:48 PM

age 30 cash $5M (TOTO winner)