Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Investments and Net Worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/)
-   -   Whats your net worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/817-whats-your-net-worth.html)

Unregistered 06-07-2022 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201425)
I don't think NS is a disadvantage. Rather a platform where you push your limits and that's how you get to truly understand the type of person you are and that is something very valuable in life. You also get to gains leadership skills if you put in the effort.

But it really depends on who you are. Someone who complains about things outside his control or the one who uses it to their advantage. If you are the former, I am sure you have keng your time thru NS, so why ask for benefits?

Also if you want to complain about FT(s), might as well also complain about foreign companies (MNC) that come to Singapore, open their HQ here, and give you jobs. Close the doors to the outside world, and very soon Singapore will be dead. At the same time, you think of moving out, aren't you an FT to whichever country you move to?

I believe we get many benefits/privileges as citizens, from the lower cost of housing to education. Just by the means of being born here. And further you get your easy employment privileges in GLC and public sector. But guess what you want to work at "Foriegn" companies.

PS: of course, the world is not perfect. Want to cry about it?

These kind of losers probably have not lived in other countries for extended period of time. Always thinking grass is greener on the other side while being well fed, well dressed and well taken care of totally oblivious to everything else.

Unregistered 20-10-2022 12:04 PM

Go ahead, migrate. It's always people who have never lived overseas that pursue this 'grass is greener' dream. Watch as you pay higher taxes to benefit locals while you get **** all. Or you end up in a dead-end job because they'd prefer to hire locals over you.

Unregistered 11-02-2023 03:24 PM

Our combined networth is about S$3.5 mil. We are in our late 40s.
We can retire now with about S$5k a month income by renting out semid in JB and by putting our S$900k cash into FDs. But we have 2 teenage boys who are studying and still needs our support.

Unregistered 12-02-2023 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240204)
Our combined networth is about S$3.5 mil. We are in our late 40s.
We can retire now with about S$5k a month income by renting out semid in JB and by putting our S$900k cash into FDs. But we have 2 teenage boys who are studying and still needs our support.

Just to share our net worth as well. We are in early 50
Total NW is about SGD $7mil. Debt free with 2 private properties.
2 kids, one in Uni and one in NS
Plan to retire in 3 years time.

Unregistered 12-02-2023 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240233)
Just to share our net worth as well. We are in early 50
Total NW is about SGD $7mil. Debt free with 2 private properties.
2 kids, one in Uni and one in NS
Plan to retire in 3 years time.

Congrats! Our networth would have been one mil more if we didn't sell our landed property 4 years ago. Sigh....do u own freehold landed too? They have appreciated a lot compared to condos. We are thinking if we should invest in one again, waiting for fire sales as the higher interest bites those overleveraged. My hubby really wants one again but he is in between jobs now. I would prefer to retire early though if possible.

Unregistered 18-02-2023 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240272)
Congrats! Our networth would have been one mil more if we didn't sell our landed property 4 years ago. Sigh....do u own freehold landed too? They have appreciated a lot compared to condos. We are thinking if we should invest in one again, waiting for fire sales as the higher interest bites those overleveraged. My hubby really wants one again but he is in between jobs now. I would prefer to retire early though if possible.

52 years old, male.
Married with no kids. DINKs.

For myself,
CPF(OA,MA and SA),:$932K
Stocks and bonds,$820K
Cash,$240K
5 room HDB, worth $800K,fully paid
Semi-detached,worth $5M,fully paid

Unregistered 19-02-2023 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240606)
52 years old, male.
Married with no kids. DINKs.

For myself,
CPF(OA,MA and SA),:$932K
Stocks and bonds,$820K
Cash,$240K
5 room HDB, worth $800K,fully paid
Semi-detached,worth $5M,fully paid

both of you have saved well with no burden of kids
you can retire anytime and enjoy life

Unregistered 14-03-2023 08:20 AM

Seeking passive investors for currency fund. Audited records avail. Double digit returns

[email protected]

Unregistered 26-03-2023 02:57 PM

why all now diam diam since stock market went crazy?

Unregistered 28-03-2023 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 160804)
$1,300.25 in my POSB savings account
$20.50 in cash
$29,050 in unpaid student loans

I am worth nothing.

I had $2400 in POSB a/c after NS to study in NUS. Study loan was $2000 after 3 years.

After working hard and through prudent saving, had $2.9 mil networth with 2 teenage children after 32 years. Not super rich but comfortable. Of cos there are people who aim higher and get much richer.

You can do it, be realistic, it just takes time. Be clear with what you want and learn to be happy.