Whats your net worth - Page 166 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Investments and Net Worth

Investments and Net Worth Talk all about money making exploits, shares, property and building net worth




Whats your net worth

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1651 (permalink)  
Old 21-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Care to share how you made your $15m by salaried??
Yah, I am curious too.

Reply With Quote
  #1652 (permalink)  
Old 21-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You speak like a fool
Why not share your thoughts?? Boy

Reply With Quote
  #1653 (permalink)  
Old 21-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yah, I am curious too.
Assuming you started work at 24, retired at 48, you have 24 years to get paid and invest to achieve $15M. Average $600+ k pa.. are you sure? and if you are achieving that, I really doubt you will let go... at 48...

Reply With Quote
  #1654 (permalink)  
Old 21-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 50
lordlad is on a distinguished road
Default

some of the numbers that was spouted here gave me rashes......probably because i am allergic to bullsh!t....so if you all can excuse me......:P
Reply With Quote
  #1655 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2013, 07:50 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

55, owns a 5 room HDB flat, paid up, now worth $900k. Cash, CPF and other assets $600k. Drives a cab. Plans to sell the flat when I reach 60 and buy a studio flat for the elderly, costing $70k. Will then buy annuity for me and wife each with $1.5m. We will retire at 60. My flat is the best investment in my life as I bought it 25 years ago at a very low price. Thanks to our government and country's growth, our property value go up and can make taxi driver like me to retire at 60. Our flat is the best retirement asset, I am very happy with my wise investment to buy a 5 room flat. I am very smart to buy the flat, my friends that time told me to just buy a 3 room flat.
Reply With Quote
  #1656 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2013, 08:59 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
55, owns a 5 room HDB flat, paid up, now worth $900k. Cash, CPF and other assets $600k. Drives a cab. Plans to sell the flat when I reach 60 and buy a studio flat for the elderly, costing $70k. Will then buy annuity for me and wife each with $1.5m. We will retire at 60. My flat is the best investment in my life as I bought it 25 years ago at a very low price. Thanks to our government and country's growth, our property value go up and can make taxi driver like me to retire at 60. Our flat is the best retirement asset, I am very happy with my wise investment to buy a 5 room flat. I am very smart to buy the flat, my friends that time told me to just buy a 3 room flat.
No offense, but you sound very pro government. Question, would you still sing the same tune if your flat is unable to fetch $900k as you stipulated when you're 60? Bearing in mind all the effects of the property market corrections implemented by the government can only be seen and felt 5 - 10 years later. Will you still sing their praises, or curse them when your flat can only be sold for $500k or less?

It's one thing to plan so nicely and bang on your property for cash, but unless you can milk your cow now, it's all just speculation.
Reply With Quote

  #1657 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi Mr Cabby, good that you are happy with your life. Happiness is priceless.

Some food for thought:

1. To remain happy, do not compare with others. There is always someone else (actually many) who will be richer than you..So best not to visit forums like this one.
2. Buying annuity may not be a wise move. Reasons being:
- payout is fixed (and currently it is quite low) and does not keep up with inflation
- Lump sum is tied up, and cannot withdraw for emergencies
- When you pass on, money not used is forfeited (make sure you buy one that gives the remaining sum back to your spouse or children, but dont think many have this feature)
- there are other avenues like stocks and shares that give much better returns for your money and you can sell some off if you need emergency funds.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
55, owns a 5 room HDB flat, paid up, now worth $900k. Cash, CPF and other assets $600k. Drives a cab. Plans to sell the flat when I reach 60 and buy a studio flat for the elderly, costing $70k. Will then buy annuity for me and wife each with $1.5m. We will retire at 60. My flat is the best investment in my life as I bought it 25 years ago at a very low price. Thanks to our government and country's growth, our property value go up and can make taxi driver like me to retire at 60. Our flat is the best retirement asset, I am very happy with my wise investment to buy a 5 room flat. I am very smart to buy the flat, my friends that time told me to just buy a 3 room flat.
Reply With Quote
  #1658 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordlad View Post
some of the numbers that was spouted here gave me rashes......probably because i am allergic to bullsh!t....so if you all can excuse me......:P
True, mostly are with few millions net worth with condo or landed in D10/9/11 and speak like a successful investor... but yet worrying if able to retire.. contradicting idiots..
Reply With Quote
  #1659 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2013, 11:59 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No offense, but you sound very pro government. Question, would you still sing the same tune if your flat is unable to fetch $900k as you stipulated when you're 60? Bearing in mind all the effects of the property market corrections implemented by the government can only be seen and felt 5 - 10 years later. Will you still sing their praises, or curse them when your flat can only be sold for $500k or less?

It's one thing to plan so nicely and bang on your property for cash, but unless you can milk your cow now, it's all just speculation.
You bought it since BTO...??
Reply With Quote
  #1660 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why not share your thoughts?? Boy
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will be like him yourself.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
net wealth, net worth, networth

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Calculate Net Worth and Benchmark It Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 15 20-06-2013 02:58 PM
legal profession not worth it? alarme Income and Jobs 3 05-04-2010 03:35 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Can share your your car...
3 Replies, 1,508 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,270 Replies, 3,511,696 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
58 Replies, 44,576 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,608 Replies, 2,176,891 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,780 Replies, 1,104,800 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
276 Replies, 57,894 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
816 Replies, 414,842 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,447 Replies, 6,411,401 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,573 Replies, 1,452,094 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 8,456 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,566 Replies, 362,024 Views
MFA- Foreign Service... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 9,141 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,806 Replies, 1,493,217 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
494 Replies, 305,814 Views
Mortgage Specialist Role.
3 Replies, 2,245 Views
NUS working environment and pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
99 Replies, 85,491 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,117 Replies, 1,971,875 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
260 Replies, 169,387 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
97 Replies, 96,275 Views
26 no degree is all hope lost?... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
49 Replies, 2,315 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,899 Replies, 1,303,025 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
892 Replies, 622,597 Views
Summer Internship 2021
1 Replies, 139 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
190 Replies, 55,512 Views
lazada/shopee fresh grad starting... ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 2,376 Views
Electricity generator
4 Replies, 571 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
217 Replies, 134,367 Views
Capgemini tester trainee ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 1,696 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2