How rich/poor am I compared to people my age(27)? - Page 7 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Investments and Net Worth

Investments and Net Worth Talk all about money making exploits, shares, property and building net worth




How rich/poor am I compared to people my age(27)?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61 (permalink)  
Old 22-05-2021, 08:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Turning 27 end of the year
Cash 270k
Stocks 45k
Other investments 25k

Did put 2 years of 8k into Manulife Ready Life income plan. Got talked into it by my DBS RM.

Feel that can do much better. Too under invested.

Reply With Quote
  #62 (permalink)  
Old 23-05-2021, 08:20 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Turning 27 end of the year
Cash 270k
Stocks 45k
Other investments 25k

Did put 2 years of 8k into Manulife Ready Life income plan. Got talked into it by my DBS RM.

Feel that can do much better. Too under invested.
Thats alot of cash for age 27. What did you do to gain so much cash?

Reply With Quote
  #63 (permalink)  
Old 23-05-2021, 04:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thats alot of cash for age 27. What did you do to gain so much cash?
He sell backside or parents money lo.

Assuming he worked for 3 years & say 200k out of the 270k cash savings was accumulated after he started working, that means he has to save 66.6k every year.

66.6k per year = 5.56k per month

His salary after tax and expenses got even 5.56k/month bo? Donít tell me he fking balls deep invest in Bitcoin

Reply With Quote
  #64 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2021, 12:57 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile Singaporean 34 Male

Folks seeking recommendation/advice.

34/M/married 1 kids
Property : small condo with o/s mortgage
Car : small jap car

Cash 160k
Fixed Income 370k
Equity 120k (took profit recently and reduced allocation)
Cpf 330k

Any comments will be appreciated thanks
Reply With Quote
  #65 (permalink)  
Old 14-07-2021, 12:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Folks seeking recommendation/advice.

34/M/married 1 kids
Property : small condo with o/s mortgage
Car : small jap car

Cash 160k
Fixed Income 370k
Equity 120k (took profit recently and reduced allocation)
Cpf 330k

Any comments will be appreciated thanks
Too much Fixed Income and too little Equity allocation. In fact it should be the reverse. Cash is fine given you have a kid.
Reply With Quote
  #66 (permalink)  
Old 14-07-2021, 06:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Folks seeking recommendation/advice.

34/M/married 1 kids
Property : small condo with o/s mortgage
Car : small jap car

Cash 160k
Fixed Income 370k
Equity 120k (took profit recently and reduced allocation)
Cpf 330k

Any comments will be appreciated thanks
Should reduce cash holdings to less than 10k.

You are still young and can afford to take more risk.
Reply With Quote

  #67 (permalink)  
Old 23-07-2021, 01:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

30/M/married and donít want kids
Property : 4 rm HDB with HDB loan (left 80k to pay)


Cash (self) : 30 K
Cash (joint with wife) : 32 K
Investment (mainly shares) : 110 K

Working since 2017 and salary started at 4.2 K, currently drawing 5.6 K but thinking to go set up my own business instead.

Anyone here have experience of letting go of iron rice bowl and then go do business at 30 ?
Reply With Quote
  #68 (permalink)  
Old 23-07-2021, 03:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
30/M/married and donít want kids
Property : 4 rm HDB with HDB loan (left 80k to pay)


Cash (self) : 30 K
Cash (joint with wife) : 32 K
Investment (mainly shares) : 110 K

Working since 2017 and salary started at 4.2 K, currently drawing 5.6 K but thinking to go set up my own business instead.

Anyone here have experience of letting go of iron rice bowl and then go do business at 30 ?
What business will you be keen to do?


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #69 (permalink)  
Old 23-07-2021, 05:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What business will you be keen to do?
Tbh, my wife and myself are planning to rent a stall in coffee shop (not hawker) and slowly work from there. Many people are discouraging us cause i earn 5.6 K while she earn about 4 K.

Our lifestyle quite simple and rarely dine out. So long can earn 3 K combined actually enough to survive.
Reply With Quote
  #70 (permalink)  
Old 24-07-2021, 11:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
He sell backside or parents money lo.

Assuming he worked for 3 years & say 200k out of the 270k cash savings was accumulated after he started working, that means he has to save 66.6k every year.

66.6k per year = 5.56k per month

His salary after tax and expenses got even 5.56k/month bo? Donít tell me he fking balls deep invest in Bitcoin
This is salary.sg, land of high fliers.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poor working class Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 25-03-2016 01:04 AM
is it a poor fit or just trying to adapt? autumsy Income and Jobs 4 07-09-2015 11:41 AM
New job - is it a period of transition or a poor fit? moonlightlover Income and Jobs 18 25-07-2015 11:33 AM
How have you done compared with the rest of your class ? Hermit Income and Jobs 9 02-07-2014 08:58 PM
Where does CFA stand compared with MBA rampa001 Education and Personal Growth 13 30-06-2013 11:21 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,749 Replies, 7,504,718 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,106 Replies, 554,511 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,467 Replies, 1,405,922 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
485 Replies, 290,437 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
43 Replies, 39,523 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,406 Replies, 4,850,981 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,076 Replies, 2,585,269 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,960 Replies, 1,817,687 Views
New Job Offer that only match... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 5,009 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
518 Replies, 349,014 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,126 Replies, 1,333,040 Views
Can share your your car... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
39 Replies, 15,180 Views
Facility Engineer ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 7,802 Views
Career options for a fresh...
6 Replies, 858 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
524 Replies, 298,605 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 11,466 Views
Shell Graduate program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
160 Replies, 146,411 Views
FD Technologies
0 Replies, 41 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,211 Replies, 2,602,363 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,071 Replies, 569,675 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,884 Replies, 631,073 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,944 Replies, 1,467,348 Views
How is HTX Associate Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
36 Replies, 10,084 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,791 Replies, 4,424,181 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,122 Replies, 275,889 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
89 Replies, 73,585 Views
Fresh grad programmer earning... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 15,191 Views
Working at Changi Business Park ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 7,428 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2