Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Investments and Net Worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/)
-   -   How rich/poor am I compared to people my age(27)? (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/7290-how-rich-poor-am-i-compared-people-my-age-27-a.html)

Unregistered 20-04-2018 04:33 PM

I suggest you keep on buying toto, sweep and 4D. The return generate much faster and luck is on your side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 106680)
24(m) here
nitec holder here

bought a car recently so left around 600k+ worth in cash mainly due to toto a few month ago

doing a system admin it job 2.1k

any advice for me, I am quite stupid so maybe would be good to invest in some low risk stuffs that generate more $ than fd , should i get a private dip then move on to degree?

Unregistered 21-05-2018 12:00 AM

27 yrs old this year.

close to 300k in cash.

Unregistered 05-07-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icyboy (Post 85670)
I am just wondering how much savings I have compared to my peers?
How much do you have when you are 27yo?

I just reached 27yo, im male I have about 40k in my bank account and 35k in CPF. I know this is not a big amount by any means but still a small fortune. I spent alot on miscellaneous things though, could have been much more.

at your age. i probably had only less than 10k. had to clear all the uni loans etc.

even now at 37, i have less than half a mill excluding CPF.

you still got a long way to go. you will do well if you continue.

Unregistered 27-10-2020 11:21 PM

I reached 120k in savings when I was about 24, after doing some work on the side and saving aggressively while in Uni.

Turning 27 this year.

100k in savings and investments after purchasing a flat with the husband for 600k+, spent about 80k in renovations and furnishing.

If combined as a couple we have about 450k in assets. 200k in liquid assets (cash and investments) and 250k fixed (paid up portion of housing loan)
Not too sure how we’re doing, but hoping to build up passive streams of income to reduce reliance on work eventually.

Unregistered 28-10-2020 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148221)
I reached 120k in savings when I was about 24, after doing some work on the side and saving aggressively while in Uni.

Turning 27 this year.

100k in savings and investments after purchasing a flat with the husband for 600k+, spent about 80k in renovations and furnishing.

If combined as a couple we have about 450k in assets. 200k in liquid assets (cash and investments) and 250k fixed (paid up portion of housing loan)
Not too sure how we’re doing, but hoping to build up passive streams of income to reduce reliance on work eventually.

Way to go, reviving such an old thread. You can try benchmarking yourself with tools like:

s://.salary.sg/2019/benchmark-your-monthly-pay-by-age-gender-2019/

s://stats.mom.gov.sg/bt/charts/OWS.aspx?a=true&c=Wages&sc=Occupational+Wage+Searc h

Unregistered 22-12-2020 12:30 AM

Just turned 27 two months ago, M.

Cash $95k
Money also goes into PruWealth $400/month - there’s about $10k stuck there now (bad decision!)
Only $5k invested in stocks currently
$37K in CPF OA

Thinking of how to grow my money faster and not sure where/ what to invest.

Anyone with some sound advice?

Unregistered 22-12-2020 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151782)

Cash $95k
Money also goes into PruWealth $400/month - there’s about $10k stuck there now (bad decision!)
$37K in CPF OA

Take your cash out of pruwealth. take the hit now, take it as a 3k lesson. Better than reinforcing the mistake, putting in 30k over the next 10 years, and only getting back 40k.

Unregistered 29-12-2020 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151782)

Cash $95k
$37K in CPF OA

Don't think you should include CPF OA into your networth calculation. You will never know when the government will change laws to lock it in permanently. Judging by the looks of it pretty soon.

Before talking about investment make sure you have at least the very least, 1 year of your GROSS income saved as emergency fund. Then save for marriage and HDB. Don't bother about investments until you get all these sorted

Invest in stable assets like etf of bonds. Then DCA in. Don't do stocks from the get go. Only set aside no more than 30% of your portfolio on stocks.

Unregistered 29-12-2020 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152183)
Don't think you should include CPF OA into your networth calculation. You will never know when the government will change laws to lock it in permanently. Judging by the looks of it pretty soon.

Before talking about investment make sure you have at least the very least, 1 year of your GROSS income saved as emergency fund. Then save for marriage and HDB. Don't bother about investments until you get all these sorted

Invest in stable assets like etf of bonds. Then DCA in. Don't do stocks from the get go. Only set aside no more than 30% of your portfolio on stocks.

Horrible advice. You just need to set aside 6 months of expenses as emergency fund. If you do not have marriage/hdb on the horizon, feel free to invest your money elsewhere.

At such a young age, you can afford >50% equities in your portfolio. Bond yields are pretty low and unattractive atm.

Unregistered 30-12-2020 11:56 AM

32m
100k investments
15k cash
15k cpf

cpf kenna screwed by housing...leaving a poor life paying monthly house instalments.