Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Investments and Net Worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/)
-   -   Buying or renting a property ??? cost to rent a condo now ?? (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/6431-buying-renting-property-cost-rent-condo-now.html)

hdbsiao 02-01-2016 10:22 PM

Buying or renting a property ??? cost to rent a condo now ??

with so many new supply or condo coming out the next 2 years will it be good to rent a condo or to buy a condo ???

Anyone can share the cost of renting a condo now ??

Unregistered 05-01-2016 04:54 PM

I prefer to buy it instead of renting one. Cause if u rent a condo, its like helping the owner to pay the installment. But if course it depend on ur financial planning

hdbsiao 05-01-2016 05:27 PM

bro when u say to buy how are you going to finance the property how many percent down how much on loan ???

Canberra 28-04-2016 12:28 AM

Depending on the current economic conditions, renting might be a better choice so as to free up some cash flow. My take is to secure a hdb flat if you are thinking to rent a condo, monthly rental is about 2-3 times of hdb installments - why not?

Forgo pride or ego etc. The best thing is to have a roof over heads.

Unregistered 30-10-2017 09:51 PM

Rent better. You can free up capital for higher returns investing in stocks.

Some more, property price will go down with massive oversupply in the market, especially with so many enbloc properties. There will be a big oversupply when these en bloc properties become new condos with more than the current number of units. Who knows it could be 2x or even 3x more than the number of enbloc units! It's so uncertain.

If nothing is done, I think property prices with CRASH !!!

maxmax 18-01-2018 05:40 PM

I would think that buying is better choice since the cost of leverage is low with the prevailing interest rate floating around 1.6%. It is a good investment if you are able to hold the property for 5 to 10 years.

chancellor 23-12-2019 06:15 PM

interest rates now are so low. Better to buy than to rent.

chancellor 23-12-2019 06:15 PM

Your question also abit too vague.. how many rooms you need? 1 or 2 or 3? all different price. Location also not stated.

Unregistered 08-10-2020 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77605)
I prefer to buy it instead of renting one. Cause if u rent a condo, its like helping the owner to pay the installment. But if course it depend on ur financial planning

I don't agree with that sentiment. If you think about it, when you buy a condo, you typically will need to get a home loan, and you are paying loan installment monthly. Yes you don't pay to a landlord, but you still pay monthly a similar amount as interest to the bank. So no difference.

The key question you want to ask yourself is, do you want to invest in real estate at this point? Or do you want your capital in other assets? Of course, that is the objective way to look at things, and I know wives typically prefer to live in self-owned house vs rental - maybe their nesting instinct. Speaking from experience. :)

Unregistered 18-11-2020 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdbsiao (Post 77481)
with so many new supply or condo coming out the next 2 years will it be good to rent a condo or to buy a condo ???

Anyone can share the cost of renting a condo now ??

stay until die = buy