Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Investments and Net Worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/)
-   -   What to invest? (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/3559-what-invest.html)

Unregistered 21-08-2014 06:19 PM

POSB Invest-Saver Account

Hi all,

Just like to get some opinion. What do you all think of the POSB Invest-Saver Account?

Appreciate any response.

Thank you

waterboy123 21-08-2014 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55182)
Hi all,

Just like to get some opinion. What do you all think of the POSB Invest-Saver Account?

Appreciate any response.

Thank you

The charges will kill your investment

Advisor 24-08-2014 10:48 PM

You may want to consider investing in foreign property in a relatively safe environment..

thanks

Unregistered 17-02-2015 03:25 PM

Is it a good time to buy blue chips?

We have about 800k cash & 500k stocks/misc investments. House/Car paid up. 3 school going children. We are in our early 50s.

tq.

Unregistered 17-02-2015 04:11 PM

i have contacts in the managed futures funds business

Propower 25-02-2015 10:42 PM

Property Investment as force-saving, emphasises the savings aspect of real estate investment. And how it can be executed systematically, property investment can become one of the low risk ways of growing your assets over the long-term.
One of the key points in making a sound property investment is knowing what you can afford after taking into consideration the capital gain and rental yield potential.
Always commit on apurchase only after you have worked out th risk factors and potential capital gain.
It does not matter whether the property has a 99-year lease or is freehold. The most important factor is the location and the development plan around the location.
Good properties at good locations will always have strong potential upside even during a downturn. Their prices may drop but when the market rebounds, they will be the first to have a higher upward swing in price compared to others.
Some of the good property investment that can give you such returns in Singapore are in Shenton Way and within the Marina Bay Financial District.

newsgprop 18-05-2015 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62912)
Is it a good time to buy blue chips?

We have about 800k cash & 500k stocks/misc investments. House/Car paid up. 3 school going children. We are in our early 50s.

tq.

be careful. something worse is going to happen pretty soon

Unregistered 18-05-2015 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newsgprop (Post 66902)
be careful. something worse is going to happen pretty soon

Yes, don't ever invest in properties here whether resale or new launch, worse is new launch properties. We have massive oversupply coming.

Unregistered 23-05-2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66913)
Yes, don't ever invest in properties here whether resale or new launch, worse is new launch properties. We have massive oversupply coming.

Property as an investment is the worst and highest risk form of investment as one's risk is concentrated in one single location. There is totally no diversification. Just buy a property for own occupation will do.

Unregistered 23-05-2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stressfullsociety (Post 48044)
i'm new to investing. May i know as a new investor, what kind of investment can i go for? i will prefer low risk investment and i have around 10-20k of start up capital to invest.
Can anyone advise me? thank you.

If you are young and can buy and hold for a long time, invest in globally diversified ETFs e.g. Ivv (U.S. S and p index ), vea (global markets ex US)
Buy these through your online broker from the NYSE (not the versions listed in Singapore which have high expenses and low liquidity)
If you are a patient buy and hold investor, this is the best way to get long run returns. Historically, U.S. SnP has returned 10 percent per year.