Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Investments and Net Worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/)
-   -   how to earn money at this age? (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/2802-how-earn-money-age.html)

Unregistered 18-09-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40907)
True, my wife and I save approx 100k a month too.

Exactly, really depends on how much one earns!

chancellor 23-12-2019 06:02 PM

For young people without much salary or savings yet.. There really isn't anything of great investment returns but education.

Take up courses, learn investment skills, business skills, or something that allows you to make a better income.

Perhaps when you start to accumulate more wealth, you can venture into equities, property etc.

chancellor 23-12-2019 06:03 PM

learning to invest is always a very useful life skill which u can bring with you anywehre in the world. stocks, forex, funds.. but don't go too big on any 1 vehicle until you've a good track record..

unregisteredd 14-04-2020 01:57 PM

23 now. Had a close friend in JC. Suppose to follow me to NUS after NS. But he learned investing. Flipped his savings into 6 digits thru crypto, US equities etc. Now lives in thailand, beautiful thai girlfriend and all.

This month(April 2020) saw his instagram. he turned flip $500 into 6 digits. Here I am doing online teaching in NUS... His advice? Get a mentor.

Unregistered 18-04-2020 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unregisteredd (Post 132229)
23 now. Had a close friend in JC. Suppose to follow me to NUS after NS. But he learned investing. Flipped his savings into 6 digits thru crypto, US equities etc. Now lives in thailand, beautiful thai girlfriend and all.

This month(April 2020) saw his instagram. he turned flip $500 into 6 digits. Here I am doing online teaching in NUS... His advice? Get a mentor.

cool story, bro

Unregistered 08-10-2020 12:04 PM

Quote:

No need to be envious of your friend. $500 into 6 digits is incredible, but there is huge risk and luck involved thus unsustainable. Do not be fooled into thinking that is skill and repeatable. I say that as a successful pro trader who has gone through big ups and downs - everyone eventually learns that big reward only comes with big risk. Goinig to NUS is more safe, lower reward lower risk. Most people should take that route. You don't understand risk until you lose 6 figures in a week.

DanielStone 03-11-2020 02:05 AM

Be patient and raise your capital. Your moment will come!

Unregistered 06-04-2021 08:20 AM

flip means 50/50.

Unregistered 15-01-2022 03:56 PM

Quote:

everyone is a genius in a bull market lol

the question is can he repeat this consistently for the next 40-50 years?

dont be surprised if one day he asks to borrow money from you because he lost everything

Unregistered 16-01-2022 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197742)
everyone is a genius in a bull market lol

the question is can he repeat this consistently for the next 40-50 years?

dont be surprised if one day he asks to borrow money from you because he lost everything

without proper risk management, this will likely be the case. must always protect your down side and not lose it all