What is the best way to grow your net worth? - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Investments and Net Worth

Investments and Net Worth Talk all about money making exploits, shares, property, building net worth and retirement matters




What is the best way to grow your net worth?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 28-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15
jason78 is on a distinguished road
Post What is the best way to grow your net worth?

Any ideas? Many people have become richer after buying properties and some may have owned multiple properties in their portfolio. I havent seen any growth like the property market which is fueled by rather strong demand.









New property launches:
www.propertylaunch.org

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 14-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 28
Jimmy1978 is on a distinguished road
Default

Property is one of the ways to increase one's net worth but the thing about investing in property especially in singapore, is that it is a long term investment in which you would only see profits after a substantial amount of time. And given that property prices in SG are at an all time high right now, the potential of the property market bubble bursting is very real. At the end of the day, you may end up with only 1/2 of your initial investment. Next, do you have that large amount of liquidity to invest in property? Personally, i would say look at shorter term investments like unit trusts, bonds, shares. Go speak to one of the personal finance managers from one of the local banks like POSB, UOB, OCBC and discuss your investment portfolio.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 26-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

not true bro.. should it even crash so badly.. you value of property goes down.. but you can still rent out the property. thats the difference between properties in comparision to stocks. although you can say stocks give u dividends. but well no where as good normally as a yield in investment in property ,espeically for Singapores case, whereby demand is always strong for property, and furthermore, of these demands, they are very rich pple from China , Indo and other places of the world, well even should prices shoot up 30% , they will still continue to buy that property and relocate here. and lets say should the property market crash ,and drop 30% instead, these pple will know its sooo cheap.. they will buy 2 units instead of 1 ... Bad economy will impact their confidence and financial position, but we can never underestimate the background and money of these pple.. I have many contacts with real estate agents so I think i managed to get some so called "insider info".. Property is much safer , lower risk.. and with the ability to rent it out .. its the deal man .

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 27-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
not true bro.. should it even crash so badly.. you value of property goes down.. but you can still rent out the property. thats the difference between properties in comparision to stocks. although you can say stocks give u dividends. but well no where as good normally as a yield in investment in property ,espeically for Singapores case, whereby demand is always strong for property, and furthermore, of these demands, they are very rich pple from China , Indo and other places of the world, well even should prices shoot up 30% , they will still continue to buy that property and relocate here. and lets say should the property market crash ,and drop 30% instead, these pple will know its sooo cheap.. they will buy 2 units instead of 1 ... Bad economy will impact their confidence and financial position, but we can never underestimate the background and money of these pple.. I have many contacts with real estate agents so I think i managed to get some so called "insider info".. Property is much safer , lower risk.. and with the ability to rent it out .. its the deal man .
It depends. Most people buy properties with borrowed funds and is highly leveraged. In other words, the worst case is not losing your full investment; it is getting into negative equity where your property is worth less than your debt (bank loan). Therefore it is more risky than stocks if you buy your property at a high and with borrowed funds.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 30-08-2012, 06:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 70
Sam Adams is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
not true bro.. should it even crash so badly.. you value of property goes down.. but you can still rent out the property. thats the difference between properties in comparision to stocks. although you can say stocks give u dividends. but well no where as good normally as a yield in investment in property ,espeically for Singapores case, whereby demand is always strong for property, and furthermore, of these demands, they are very rich pple from China , Indo and other places of the world, well even should prices shoot up 30% , they will still continue to buy that property and relocate here. and lets say should the property market crash ,and drop 30% instead, these pple will know its sooo cheap.. they will buy 2 units instead of 1 ... Bad economy will impact their confidence and financial position, but we can never underestimate the background and money of these pple.. I have many contacts with real estate agents so I think i managed to get some so called "insider info".. Property is much safer , lower risk.. and with the ability to rent it out .. its the deal man .
Have you modeled the scenario? I don't think you have... sounds like you're just pulling **** out of your ass.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 30-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Adams View Post
Have you modeled the scenario? I don't think you have... sounds like you're just pulling **** out of your ass.
I bet you must have modelled him pulling **** out of his ass in your mind
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Qaz Qaz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 44
Qaz is on a distinguished road
Default

buy stocks lah... train urself to find good fundemantal stocks for long term and learn technical analysis for short term play..

put it simply as an example, $1 stocks, move 1-2 cents everyday already can make 1-2% less brokerage abit.. just make 1% a week means 52% a year liao.. achieve quarter of that many of us happy liao
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaz View Post
buy stocks lah... train urself to find good fundemantal stocks for long term and learn technical analysis for short term play..

put it simply as an example, $1 stocks, move 1-2 cents everyday already can make 1-2% less brokerage abit.. just make 1% a week means 52% a year liao.. achieve quarter of that many of us happy liao
so easy ah? short term trading is very much like gambling. how much have you made already? the fact that you are still surfing this forum speaks much about your income level (not to mention the things you posted in other threads...)
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
so easy ah? short term trading is very much like gambling. how much have you made already? the fact that you are still surfing this forum speaks much about your income level (not to mention the things you posted in other threads...)
buy gold lah, juz kept buying!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

1. Be lucky.
2. Get lucky.
...
...
10. Pray hard.
11. Marry into a rich family.
...
...
50. Study hard (the only thing you can control).
51. Lose money initially.

In terms of asset classes, depends on the times. They said US stocks outperform in the long run, but during the last 30 years, government bonds actually outperformed, meaning taking all those so called risks does not always pay.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whats your net worth Avatar Investments and Net Worth 2686 28-01-2020 08:13 PM
Getting MBA worth? dun_waste_time Education and Personal Growth 99 20-09-2019 11:12 PM
Calculate Net Worth and Benchmark It Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 15 20-06-2013 03:58 PM
How to grow fast in Supply Chain / Logistics? mcpng Income and Jobs 0 31-08-2010 08:08 PM
legal profession not worth it? alarme Income and Jobs 3 05-04-2010 04:35 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Which degree is the best return on... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
35 Replies, 8,036 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
834 Replies, 419,069 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
113 Replies, 89,159 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,751 Replies, 489,845 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,770 Replies, 830,572 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
759 Replies, 506,600 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,255 Replies, 1,019,044 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 14,773 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,044 Replies, 816,516 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,895 Replies, 1,747,855 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
615 Replies, 310,616 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,171 Replies, 203,613 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
313 Replies, 53,968 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,591 Replies, 976,069 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,043 Replies, 1,380,985 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
41 Replies, 45,271 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,853 Replies, 3,611,436 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
382 Replies, 170,860 Views
MasterCard Graduate Developement...
8 Replies, 2,777 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
288 Replies, 226,662 Views
Govtech bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 12,466 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,865 Replies, 2,104,911 Views
Need career advice
4 Replies, 792 Views
SPF (Direct-Entry Inspector)
9 Replies, 1,174 Views
is it crazy to give up a 100k P.A... ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 21,809 Views
Career switches - job options and... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 2,373 Views
OCBC Young Bankers Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
97 Replies, 71,191 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,370 Replies, 539,011 Views
Job search for returning...
1 Replies, 337 Views
Infineon Technologies
1 Replies, 256 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2