Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Investments and Net Worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/)
-   -   1 Million SGD (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/1457-1-million-sgd.html)

jwow2828 02-08-2011 09:40 AM

1 Million SGD
 
I've recently come into a sum of 1 mil SGD.

Seeking help from any gurus here on ideas on how to invest it.

I'm aiming for capital protection and recurrent income.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

dellysunny 02-08-2011 11:45 AM

buy 1 studio condo with full cash, and the other 2rm/3rm condos with 20% downpayments, rent them out and you should be more or less secured with your investment.

jwow2828 02-08-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dellysunny (Post 14953)
buy 1 studio condo with full cash, and the other 2rm/3rm condos with 20% downpayments, rent them out and you should be more or less secured with your investment.

thanks for the advice, dellysunny.

definitely still considering property purchase, but due to the 40%LTV that means a higher quantum for investment (as i have other property loans) and the 4 yr SSD is very put-offing. plus Singapore residential property looks very expensive now.

Unregistered 02-08-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwow2828 (Post 14949)
I've recently come into a sum of 1 mil SGD.

Seeking help from any gurus here on ideas on how to invest it.

I'm aiming for capital protection and recurrent income.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Besides property (which is sky high now), consider buying some high dividend stocks like Starhub, which easily gives >5% dividend year after year. Leave some cash in 1% interest savings account, so you can exploit investment opportunities when the crash comes.

Unregistered 04-08-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 14975)
Besides property (which is sky high now), consider buying some high dividend stocks like Starhub, which easily gives >5% dividend year after year. Leave some cash in 1% interest savings account, so you can exploit investment opportunities when the crash comes.


can consider buying overseas properties or singapore commercial property

jwow2828 04-08-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 14975)
Besides property (which is sky high now), consider buying some high dividend stocks like Starhub, which easily gives >5% dividend year after year. Leave some cash in 1% interest savings account, so you can exploit investment opportunities when the crash comes.

thanks for the advice!

my banker is only giving me around 0.8%. may i know which bank is offering 1% for savings account?

Unregistered 04-08-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwow2828 (Post 15050)
thanks for the advice!

my banker is only giving me around 0.8%. may i know which bank is offering 1% for savings account?

stanchart e$aver linked to a CDA account earns 1%. you must have a Child Development Account (CDA) with the bank.

which bank gives 0.8%?

Unregistered 04-08-2011 07:04 PM

here's the link:

Standard Chartered Bank

Liverpool 05-08-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwow2828 (Post 14949)
I've recently come into a sum of 1 mil SGD.

Seeking help from any gurus here on ideas on how to invest it.

I'm aiming for capital protection and recurrent income.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

how can u just suddenly came to a sum of 1 mil? care to share?

Unregistered 05-08-2011 11:27 AM

likely toto or inheritance. possibly property speculation (eg buy last year sell this year).


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2