Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Investments and Net Worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/)
-   -   How much savings do you have? (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/1199-how-much-savings-do-you-have.html)

Unregistered 16-06-2014 06:38 PM

Wife:31; hubby 32 with 2 young toddlers
House: HDB flat worth $400k, fully paid with cpf
Combined Cash + stocks $340k
Combined CPF OA & SA:$100k
No car & no maid

Savings could have been more if not for wedding & house reno plus all the baby delivery expenses.

Unregistered 17-06-2014 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 52428)
Wife:31; hubby 32 with 2 young toddlers
House: HDB flat worth $400k, fully paid with cpf
Combined Cash + stocks $340k
Combined CPF OA & SA:$100k
No car & no maid

Savings could have been more if not for wedding & house reno plus all the baby delivery expenses.

Not bad for such a young couple. I am surprised you can pay off your hdb and yet with 100k. Must be high earners, I guess.

Unregistered 17-06-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 52436)
Not bad for such a young couple. I am surprised you can pay off your hdb and yet with 100k. Must be high earners, I guess.

we are just average middle income couple. Combined income $10k per mth. We were lucky to buy a BTO quite cheaply before property prices start to go crazy. So we managed to pay off hdb loan within 2 yrs.

We do see our savings quite stagnant especially after having 2 kids. Enrichment classes, childcare fee, milk powder + diapers chalk up to quite alot of expenses.

Unregistered 17-06-2014 05:53 PM

Me and my wife(around mid 40s)
Cash:250k
Shares:300k
Bmw z4(fully paid)
Semi Detatched 3.5m (left 450k loan)

Bubbles 17-06-2014 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 52388)
It is good to back out of marriage if the guy was unfaithful to you. well done.
btw, how much do you make per annum?

Wah you so sharp. how you know I'm a girl? "Bubbles" gave it away? haha.
I earn about 67k a year

Unregistered 17-06-2014 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 52391)
28 going on 29 in a few months.
Single, Male

Fundsupermarket investments: 128k (includes 13k in SRS)
Stock Market Account: 5k
Cash: 29k
CPF OA: 38k
CPF SA: 10k
CPF MA: 12k

How am I doing?

Actually based on your CPF amt, it doesn't seem like you have been working very long. Either that or your income isn't very high. But for the amount you have in investment it is pretty impressive. May i ask how you did it? What is yr annual income and how much do you save a month?

Unregistered 17-06-2014 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 52447)
we are just average middle income couple. Combined income $10k per mth. We were lucky to buy a BTO quite cheaply before property prices start to go crazy. So we managed to pay off hdb loan within 2 yrs.

We do see our savings quite stagnant especially after having 2 kids. Enrichment classes, childcare fee, milk powder + diapers chalk up to quite alot of expenses.

How much do you and your spouse save per month before the kids came? The amount of savings you have is quite good.

Unregistered 18-06-2014 04:51 PM

To be frank, we didnt really keep track how much we can save per month cos since 2010, we had major events that comes in every yr which somehow affect our savings rate. Hopefully we can start saving more this year

2010: wedding
2011: house reno
2012: arrival of baby 1
2013: Arrival of baby 2


Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 52474)
How much do you and your spouse save per month before the kids came? The amount of savings you have is quite good.


Unregistered 18-06-2014 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 52473)
Actually based on your CPF amt, it doesn't seem like you have been working very long. Either that or your income isn't very high. But for the amount you have in investment it is pretty impressive. May i ask how you did it? What is yr annual income and how much do you save a month?


Make 100k a year.
Save 60%
Don't pay rent cause I live at home.
Income tax is about 3% because I contribute to SRS

lazyplane 19-06-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 52447)
we are just average middle income couple. Combined income $10k per mth. We were lucky to buy a BTO quite cheaply before property prices start to go crazy. So we managed to pay off hdb loan within 2 yrs.

We do see our savings quite stagnant especially after having 2 kids. Enrichment classes, childcare fee, milk powder + diapers chalk up to quite alot of expenses.

I dont doubt your post on your net worth.
But you are not disclosing how you arrive there completely.

You stated you & spouse 32/31. Between you and your spouse, you have average of max 8-10 yrs working. Meaning to achieve a networth of 800+k in those 8-10 yrs, you had to save approx 100k savings per year.

that around 50k per person. accompanied with the expense of reno, kids.

think you must had some help... or i will have to agree with the others that u r not the average middle income...


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2