Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Investments and Net Worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/)
-   -   How much savings do you have? (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/1199-how-much-savings-do-you-have.html)

Unregistered 04-02-2011 09:23 PM

Just myself 48yrs : 1.3million cash, 500K stock/UT, 400K cpf. HDB paid for. No car. Work overseas.
Wife: Housewife.

roadwar 05-02-2011 11:10 AM

For me planing to marry this year

1 HDB fully paid
2 condo units mostly paid
cash 800k
stocks 2.5m
1 BMW mostly paid

Mr d 05-02-2011 12:17 PM

I'm 24 coming 25 in march.

Cash 2k
Stocks -nil-
Condo 800k
Bmw 150k with 50k loan left

Just bought myself an apartment. Feel really broke. But well, its the inevitable way to financial freedom!

Happy nw year to all!

Unregistered 05-02-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr d (Post 9319)
I'm 24 coming 25 in march.

Cash 2k
Stocks -nil-
Condo 800k
Bmw 150k with 50k loan left

Just bought myself an apartment. Feel really broke. But well, its the inevitable way to financial freedom!

Happy nw year to all!

How does an apartment give you financial freedom?

Unregistered 05-02-2011 04:42 PM

You are not truthful . Las Vegas never reached that price.
This conclude those who say the above are in la la land.

Unregistered 05-02-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9308)
I am 34.

Cash: 159k
UT & Stocks: 0 at the moment.

sigh... actually in year 2010 (last year), my total expenses were around $80-100k. Otherwise, I would have $250k now.

Have been working for 10 years and actually could have saved $1k per mth easily, and that would mean about $120k till now. And the total projected savings should be $370k at current age.

Impossible? Not really. As mentioned, it is possible to save $1k per mth, and based on current age (10 years later), I will have $120k. Nothing surprising. I don't drive, don't smoke, social drinker. But during my early years of working, I indulged in gambling and lost every single cent I earned. Greed is the common word here.

Up to four years ago, my bank account was only $20k, but something very fortunate happened to me: the financial meltdown in 2008. I bought 3 lots of las vegas at $1.50 and sold them recently at $50 - which explains my current cash holdings at $159k.

I'm sorry for those who suffered during the crisis, but it brought me new life and I am treasuring it more.

you are not truthful . LAS VEGAS never reached to $1.50. you must be in la la land.

Guest111 17-02-2011 01:29 AM

This thread is the best i have ever read! So full of BS!! Gosh!
Let me add to it:

35, employee, male
Cash: 10 Million
CPF: 3million
Share: None
Property: The Sail own 3 levels, The Carribean 1 whole block, a couple of GCB at Bt Timah, all fully paid.
Car: 1 fully paid rolls royce with chauffer, 1 fully paid mustang, 1 fully paid lambo & 1 fully paid maserati. quite humble collection.

Unregistered 17-02-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest111 (Post 9621)
This thread is the best i have ever read! So full of BS!! Gosh!
Let me add to it:

35, employee, male
Cash: 10 Million
CPF: 3million
Share: None
Property: The Sail own 3 levels, The Carribean 1 whole block, a couple of GCB at Bt Timah, all fully paid.
Car: 1 fully paid rolls royce with chauffer, 1 fully paid mustang, 1 fully paid lambo & 1 fully paid maserati. quite humble collection.

Can you teach me how to make so much money?

Unregistered 17-02-2011 10:39 AM

i chanced upon this website from a URL referral from another website. find it interesting and hence i leave this comment here.

me 37 working, wife 38 housewife, 3 kids

cash: 3.1 million
stocks: 679k
cpf: 320k
condo: NONE
hdb: bought in 1996 when earning <5k salary, left 78k hdb 16yr of loan
cars: 2x >3Litres conti cars

now, before anyone say this is bullsh1t, i will tell you the way to go.

NEVER buy into the singaporean dream of condo and property, its heavily manupilated by the govt, the small market and its developers. stocks are liquid enough and good when everyone is in fear. how to see this? when you see people dumping their fancy properties and ferraris at firesale price. BUY! i admit i am not an expert, but i use a 8 mth lead moving averages of indices to all sgp asset prices. it worked the last 2 recession. however, i must also admit that now, with massive dollar printing all over the world, holding cash now is worrisome too but i will still NOT buy singapore properties no matter what. stay in HDB, take hdbloan of 2.6% if your salary level permits. earn enough $ and relax out of the rat race like me. i am taking 20k salary per month now with minimum 2month AWS until the day i decide to quit going to office.

live long and prosper. good luck.

Unregistered 17-02-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9625)
i chanced upon this website from a URL referral from another website. find it interesting and hence i leave this comment here.

me 37 working, wife 38 housewife, 3 kids

cash: 3.1 million
stocks: 679k
cpf: 320k
condo: NONE
hdb: bought in 1996 when earning <5k salary, left 78k hdb 16yr of loan
cars: 2x >3Litres conti cars

now, before anyone say this is bullsh1t, i will tell you the way to go.

NEVER buy into the singaporean dream of condo and property, its heavily manupilated by the govt, the small market and its developers. stocks are liquid enough and good when everyone is in fear. how to see this? when you see people dumping their fancy properties and ferraris at firesale price. BUY! i admit i am not an expert, but i use a 8 mth lead moving averages of indices to all sgp asset prices. it worked the last 2 recession. however, i must also admit that now, with massive dollar printing all over the world, holding cash now is worrisome too but i will still NOT buy singapore properties no matter what. stay in HDB, take hdbloan of 2.6% if your salary level permits. earn enough $ and relax out of the rat race like me. i am taking 20k salary per month now with minimum 2month AWS until the day i decide to quit going to office.

live long and prosper. good luck.

Great advice. Don't worry about holding SGD, cos I think it is strong and will stay strong against other currencies. Govt is strengthening SGD to fight inflation.

I have a question though: where do you get data for "indices to all sgp asset prices" ?

So when the "8 mth lead moving averages" is bottoming, you start to buy? How do you know it's bottoming? Do you overlay another moving average so that when the 8-mth crosses it, you start to buy?

Thanks for the superb advice.