Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Investments and Net Worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/)
-   -   How much savings do you have? (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/1199-how-much-savings-do-you-have.html)

Unregistered 29-05-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45 year old professional (Post 25160)
Together with wife

9m landed prop (4m mtge outstanding)
6m condo (3m mtge outstanding)
2.5m apartment (300k mtge outstanding)


My own

800k stocks
900k cash and bonds

Wah! Your mortgage payment is $50K per month! You must have very good job.

Unregistered 29-05-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9631)
Age:26 , retired , cash: 50k , Stocks: 100k, Unit trust: 150k, SGS Bond: 350k. Living by myself at fully paid condo.

seriously?? retires at 26?? your life must be damn meaningless now.

leehom 29-05-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24542)
Very nice numbers and assets being mentioned here.

But with a plate of chicken rice coming to $5 nowadays, I still recall not long ago it was like $1.20 per plate.

Savings will never be enuff have to work harder!

jus a chicken rice and u piss off?

Unregistered 30-05-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Income divide (Post 24728)
I believe many Singaporeans have their heads in the sand. They are either not aware or not accepting of the growing income gap. The problem is severe enough for eminent Prof Lim Chong Yah to come out & propose (but not accepted) a drastic salary model to increase low wage workers' salary & keep high income earners' pay fixed. The gahmen is acutely aware of this income divide but is it doing enough to narrow the gap?

You only have to see how with high COE prices and yet people are buying cars, only this time they are buying mainly luxury ones. Also after so many rounds of cooling measures, property sales do not seem to abate. There are (many) rich people around. You are obviously on the wrong side of the income divide.

Question is how to get onto the right side of the divide?

Most people do not know their financial position and usually borrowed more than they should. But one can only push his luck that far...

Unregistered 10-06-2012 11:11 PM

Age late 30s with spouse no kid. household profile:

1 hdb $500k (fully paid)
1 pc $1.7m ($1.3m mortgage)
cpfoa+srs $110k
cash $270k
stocks+funds $375k
annual income $450k

Unregistered 10-06-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25601)
Age late 30s with spouse no kid. household profile:

1 hdb $500k (fully paid)
1 pc $1.7m ($1.3m mortgage)
cpfoa+srs $110k
cash $270k
stocks+funds $375k
annual income $450k

i so sad now. spent 5-6 years sick no work mostly hospital
then start work slowly work part time
now only got 1st full time job at 32 year

how to do savings :(

Unregistered 10-06-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25602)
i so sad now. spent 5-6 years sick no work mostly hospital
then start work slowly work part time
now only got 1st full time job at 32 year

how to do savings :(

head down, work and live a prudent life, and u'll just be fine :)

Poorkid 11-06-2012 09:54 AM

I'm 28 and married.

Have 10k in cash, 50k in stocks, one rolex GMT, 300k endowment policies (fully paid with one cum payment), one BTO (not ready yet).

Considered myself an less than average joe as compared the postings in thie forum.

But would like to seek constructive comments on how i did.

Ms Poverty 13-06-2012 07:24 PM

How I wish!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sion3011 (Post 24546)
One month save 3k, 1 year save 36K. 10 years Save 360K. Is it how you all save money in Sg?

One month earn 2k, 1 year save $0, 10 years save $0, 100 years still save $0. That's how I don't save any money in SG. Oh my.... seems to me that I am the only poor Singaporean on this forum?

Hermit 14-06-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poorkid (Post 25609)
I'm 28 and married.

Have 10k in cash, 50k in stocks, one rolex GMT, 300k endowment policies (fully paid with one cum payment), one BTO (not ready yet).

Considered myself an less than average joe as compared the postings in thie forum.

But would like to seek constructive comments on how i did.

Young man, you have just started in life. And you already have one more Rolex than me, as I have none. :)

Long way to go so work hard.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2