Internal auditor - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Internal auditor

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 22-11-2017, 10:15 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2
Mochi is on a distinguished road
Default Internal auditor

Just wondering how much salary should i ask for internal auditor position in a MMC , I have 3 years external experience in big four , currently S2.
Not sure what is the market rate for internal auditor


Hope someone can help to answer
Thank you in advance

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 23-11-2017, 12:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Assuming you mean a commercial MNC (and not bank MNC), a typical adjustment would be 15% - 20%. It depends if you have just been promoted since your promotion period was July - Sep (depending on your firm) so some firms may not be willing to add another 20% on top of your recent progression increment. Look at other benefits like work-life balance, new skills set on top of your monetary benefits.

All the best to you leaving before your peak starts again.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 23-11-2017, 05:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Is not having Big 4 experience a career suicide for Internal Auditors? A lot of job listings for IA positions seem to state that Big 4 exp is compulsory.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 23-11-2017, 05:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is not having Big 4 experience a career suicide for Internal Auditors? A lot of job listings for IA positions seem to state that Big 4 exp is compulsory.
Not sure what you meant as "career suicide" but i assume you mean there will be little to no progression? Assuming you are already an IA, you should know the job itself has more to do with your familiarity with the internal process, operations. If you are someone who wants to be an AI, there are many other paths. I've met someone who was an corporate RM and transferred to be an IA within the bank so lateral move into IA function is very common.

Firms like to have 'ready' employees over those who require OJT so putting that requirement helps to weed out candidates that require more efforts to train up (even if they could be more talented, hardworking, etc). This is especially true for jobs/positions where you are just a cog in the wheel.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 24-11-2017, 04:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not sure what you meant as "career suicide" but i assume you mean there will be little to no progression? Assuming you are already an IA, you should know the job itself has more to do with your familiarity with the internal process, operations. If you are someone who wants to be an AI, there are many other paths. I've met someone who was an corporate RM and transferred to be an IA within the bank so lateral move into IA function is very common.

Firms like to have 'ready' employees over those who require OJT so putting that requirement helps to weed out candidates that require more efforts to train up (even if they could be more talented, hardworking, etc). This is especially true for jobs/positions where you are just a cog in the wheel.
Hi, I apologize for not being specific enough. My concern is that I'm hearing a lot about Big 4 being a necessity if you want to jump from external audit to commercial (internal audit). It seems like a lot of people in mid-sized firms who intend to have a career in internal audit also want to jump to Big 4 no matter what. Have you heard about any success stories about people jumping from small/medium audit firm straight to internal audit?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 24-11-2017, 06:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I apologize for not being specific enough. My concern is that I'm hearing a lot about Big 4 being a necessity if you want to jump from external audit to commercial (internal audit). It seems like a lot of people in mid-sized firms who intend to have a career in internal audit also want to jump to Big 4 no matter what. Have you heard about any success stories about people jumping from small/medium audit firm straight to internal audit?
There will always be some success stories here and there. However they are the minority, so the question you need to ask yourself is do you have what it takes to be the minority?
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 27-11-2017, 02:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There will always be some success stories here and there. However they are the minority, so the question you need to ask yourself is do you have what it takes to be the minority?
I agree with this. Don't pin so much hope on being the minority but rather work towards the kind of company/sector that you want to join and consider internal transfers.

I have a friend that was working as an ops manager and he managed to switch to head its IA team when the manager left.

I believe you don't hear alot of IA hires because most would hire internally unless they are a highly regulated industry (banks, O&G) so they tend to hire external candidates with the regulatory knowledge.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 30-09-2020, 03:05 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 1
LenaWhite is on a distinguished road
Default

An internal audit of the job and salary is done or the provision of the goals for humans. The sequence of the job and essaywriter.org is partly followed for the changes for the individuals. Skills are modified or the top of the reforms for all issues.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bank Internal Auditor Salary zynickid Income and Jobs 3 26-07-2015 11:52 PM
Auditor in UOB roy82 Income and Jobs 11 19-05-2015 08:20 PM
Internal transfer from IT infra to SAP Starrynite Income and Jobs 0 21-03-2014 07:56 AM
Internal Auditor villan1 Income and Jobs 12 26-12-2013 09:24 PM
Senior Internal Audit Executive SkyWalker Income and Jobs 1 03-12-2012 09:25 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
HSBC Graduate Programme 2021 ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 2,838 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,955 Replies, 1,811,756 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,662 Replies, 1,369,248 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
54 Replies, 56,618 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,051 Replies, 833,604 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,090 Replies, 3,884,333 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2020 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
155 Replies, 36,194 Views
Bunker trader ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
47 Replies, 24,255 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,895 Replies, 6,026,684 Views
How much does a typical FP&A... ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 2,187 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,458 Replies, 2,049,199 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,045 Replies, 281,254 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,515 Replies, 1,003,151 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
359 Replies, 124,880 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,800 Replies, 1,179,346 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
146 Replies, 54,426 Views
Civil Service Bonus 2020 Year End
2 Replies, 309 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
161 Replies, 17,029 Views
Any advice for a final year...
3 Replies, 3,520 Views
Advice for a troubled Designer ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 4,803 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
63 Replies, 20,651 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 3,875 Views
anyone work as trainer with...
3 Replies, 2,079 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,786 Replies, 533,685 Views
I need advice
4 Replies, 838 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
492 Replies, 108,468 Views
Business / System Analyst
1 Replies, 1,069 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
234 Replies, 145,564 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2