Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Salary for 5+ Yrs Exp Software Developer C++, Windows (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/975-salary-5-yrs-exp-software-developer-c-windows.html)

yamurthy 02-08-2010 10:09 PM

Salary for 5+ Yrs Exp Software Developer C++, Windows

Hi,
Can you please suggest me how much can I be paid with
5.6+ Years of Software development experience using
C++/VC++.
I am planning for 84K per Annum. Is this reasonable? and yes Apart from Bonus :)

Unregistered 03-08-2010 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yamurthy (Post 6768)
Hi,
Can you please suggest me how much can I be paid with
5.6+ Years of Software development experience using
C++/VC++.
I am planning for 84K per Annum. Is this reasonable? and yes Apart from Bonus :)

Depending on what are your past experience. Maybe you'd want to share which company you had work for and your portfolio.

yamurthy 03-08-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 6774)
Depending on what are your past experience. Maybe you'd want to share which company you had work for and your portfolio.

I have experience in Service based companies (CMMI L5 companies) and currently working for a product based company.
To be specific Currently working for Philips Healthcare (from past 2 and half year)

Currently working using C++/MFC. Also have some knowledge in writing Basic SQL queries. Started with C# now (Not So proficient, but will not be that difficult to move on!! :cool: )

Unregistered 03-08-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yamurthy (Post 6779)
I have experience in Service based companies (CMMI L5 companies) and currently working for a product based company.
To be specific Currently working for Philips Healthcare (from past 2 and half year)

Currently working using C++/MFC. Also have some knowledge in writing Basic SQL queries. Started with C# now (Not So proficient, but will not be that difficult to move on!! :cool: )

LOL, who else is working for Philips Healthcare?

yamurthy 03-08-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 6780)
LOL, who else is working for Philips Healthcare?

:)
Some leaving and Some joining

Unregistered 03-08-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yamurthy (Post 6779)

it will depend on ur current annual wo bonus as well. mayb u like to share ur annual...

Unregistered 03-08-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 6783)
it will depend on ur current annual wo bonus as well. mayb u like to share ur annual...

reason of y is becos if u are only getting 50k but u wan to increase up to 84k... this is too big a gap that coy will giv you...

Unregistered 04-08-2010 12:52 AM

84k? Difficult. Your fellow countrymen will undercut you. Lax immigration policy and FT FTW!

Unregistered 07-10-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 6784)
reason of y is becos if u are only getting 50k but u wan to increase up to 84k... this is too big a gap that coy will giv you...

That's the main problem? HR always looks at your current renumeration package. Any suggestion to break out of this underpaid viscous cycle?

zorro 08-10-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 6787)
84k? Difficult. Your fellow countrymen will undercut you. Lax immigration policy and FT FTW!

i heard the indian national programmers in my coy IT department who holds a master degree only asking for 1.8k pm and they are working 12 hours a day.