Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Stat board tiers (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/9643-stat-board-tiers.html)

Unregistered 17-05-2020 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134469)
wonders why MINDEF at T4 and SAF at T5 ROFLOL!!!???

in terms of $$$ for equivalent grades, MINDEF DXO > CS MXO.. SAF uniform folks also > MHA folks and MXOs lol!!!

this tier is from poster's "perceived prestige" perspective? btw I am not from MINDEF/SAF

also nothing against MEWR and MCCY - but on same tier as Minlaw?? (ok this is my own view that they are not on par)

It was a joke...

Like you lmao

Unregistered 17-05-2020 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134472)
It was a joke...

Like you lmao

Roflol!! * i clap for my ditzy self *

Unregistered 17-05-2020 07:31 PM

This is the stupidest thread on a forum that is full of them holy crap

Just a bunch of people from insignificant roles and places within the large bureaucratic CS trying to put down other people in the same system

Hello you're all cogs in the same big machine. Cog in URA or cog in EDB, got difference meh? Same government. Same pay bands. Same system. Go home to the same hdb flat.

What a shitshow that anyone in the private sector is laughing at

Unregistered 18-05-2020 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134486)

Just a bunch of people from insignificant roles and places within the large bureaucratic CS trying to put down other people in the same system

Hello you're all cogs in the same big machine. Cog in URA or cog in EDB, got difference meh? Same government. Same pay bands. Same system. Go home to the same hdb flat.

private sector getting retrenched everywhere, who's laughing now?

Unregistered 22-05-2020 08:16 PM

Quote:

Haha this made my day! Lol! with eye-rolls from CS folks here!

Same same for private sector bunch of underlings.. who are equally mire in big organisations.. and hence the need to rant to feel godlike.. hdb flat is good!

Unregistered 23-05-2020 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134899)
Haha this made my day! Lol! with eye-rolls from CS folks here!

Same same for private sector bunch of underlings.. who are equally mire in big organisations.. and hence the need to rant to feel godlike.. hdb flat is good!

i agree! as if an employee in private company got that much more autonomy.

who else agree? kee chiu!

Unregistered 23-05-2020 05:38 PM

Quote:

Lol, yet the whole of CS is probably earning more than 70% of their peers in the private sector. Lots of people settle for private because they were not smart enough to get into CS.

Johnny85 26-07-2020 12:06 AM

hmmm... wandering if Maritime Port Authority is same tier as LTA ? ICA ? Anyone have idea ?

Unregistered 26-07-2020 12:26 AM

Come let me stroke your pathetic bureaucratic wiener and entertain you.
For fresh grads, I’d rank in terms of prestige and the minimal transferable skills beyond pencil-pushing:

In descending order:

1. MTI Economist Service (With matlab and knowledge in stata/r, this is chad quant powah)
2. MFA FSO scheme (I really wanna rank this lower cuz it’s basically a circle jerk culture with bureaucrats copy-pasting Academia.edu stuff and passing it of as their own briefing doc BUT unfortunately due to its overrated popularity among PSC scholars, I have to give it 2nd)
3. EDB Associate Programme (Basically underpaid consultants)
4. ESG Associate Programme (People who can’t get to EDB MA go here)
5. MTI IO/TO Track
7. STB MA Programme (Yes I rank this higher than MAS cuz those grant-awarding work will come in handy if you jump to Govt Relations role in the private sector)
8. MAS Graduate Officer Scheme
9. IMDA AIM / MCI Information Officer

Unregistered 26-07-2020 12:31 AM

Oh dear me I left out

6. GovTech TAP (the place for FAANG and BB-Tech rejects)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142707)
Come let me stroke your pathetic bureaucratic wiener and entertain you.
For fresh grads, I’d rank in terms of prestige and the minimal transferable skills beyond pencil-pushing:

In descending order:

1. MTI Economist Service (With matlab and knowledge in stata/r, this is chad quant powah)
2. MFA FSO scheme (I really wanna rank this lower cuz it’s basically a circle jerk culture with bureaucrats copy-pasting Academia.edu stuff and passing it of as their own briefing doc BUT unfortunately due to its overrated popularity among PSC scholars, I have to give it 2nd)
3. EDB Associate Programme (Basically underpaid consultants)
4. ESG Associate Programme (People who can’t get to EDB MA go here)
5. MTI IO/TO Track
7. STB MA Programme (Yes I rank this higher than MAS cuz those grant-awarding work will come in handy if you jump to Govt Relations role in the private sector)
8. MAS Graduate Officer Scheme
9. IMDA AIM / MCI Information Officer