New Company HR request for past 3 year payslip and my current offer letter - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




New Company HR request for past 3 year payslip and my current offer letter

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2017, 08:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 37
tchen003 is on a distinguished road
Default New Company HR request for past 3 year payslip and my current offer letter

It's from a well established MNC. I have finished my final interview and HR ask me to produce payment slips for the past 3 years! Besides, they also request for my current job's offer letter to prove some allowance are granted to me in my curent job.

Is this normal? I thought only need payslip for last 3 month? Is it the companh violate my privacy? If i refuse to provide, will they reject me?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2017, 10:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Your past salary is confidential and you are never required to share such information. Doing this, however, may result in that HR favoring other candidates.

You can tell this hiring HR that you will pass her an exit letter (obtain this from your current/previous HR) which should state your monthly salary and additional allowances.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2017, 10:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I am not fr HR but I have not heard of HR asking for 3 years payslips. Only 1 or 3 mths.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2017, 07:16 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You are not offered a job yet so never give that. Past 3 months I heard of but not 3 years. I am in a well known MNC and my past payslip was never submitted. ( I guess they did a reference check with past employer HR). Also it is not normal to provide payslips in this manner.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2017, 07:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 37
tchen003 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are not offered a job yet so never give that. Past 3 months I heard of but not 3 years. I am in a well known MNC and my past payslip was never submitted. ( I guess they did a reference check with past employer HR). Also it is not normal to provide payslips in this manner.
Thanks for the comment.

This company HR told me this is their usual procedure.
I checked with my recruiter and they also never heard of 3 year payment slips.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2017, 12:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchen003 View Post
Thanks for the comment.

This company HR told me this is their usual procedure.
I checked with my recruiter and they also never heard of 3 year payment slips.
I guess we have to be careful. Sometimes companies just want to fish salary information from us. Or recruiter wants some data on how much competitor pays.
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2017, 01:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 37
tchen003 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I guess we have to be careful. Sometimes companies just want to fish salary information from us. Or recruiter wants some data on how much competitor pays.
Maybe you r right.

The company rejected me one month ago and came back to me say that they still found I am the most suitable candidate after they interview with the rest.

And when they came to see me, they replace VP with analyst. They also shorten the final interview from 1 hour f2f to 30 min phone call.

Not to mention the HR came in 15 min late and ask for all my info without even disclosing ang potential bonus or benefit that the company gave me.

In summary: they do not respect me. They came for me becuase they dont have a choice. They try to nego my salary to as low as they can. So if I accept, they win. If I reject, they have nothing to lose.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2017, 03:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchen003 View Post
Maybe you r right.

The company rejected me one month ago and came back to me say that they still found I am the most suitable candidate after they interview with the rest.

And when they came to see me, they replace VP with analyst. They also shorten the final interview from 1 hour f2f to 30 min phone call.

Not to mention the HR came in 15 min late and ask for all my info without even disclosing ang potential bonus or benefit that the company gave me.

In summary: they do not respect me. They came for me becuase they dont have a choice. They try to nego my salary to as low as they can. So if I accept, they win. If I reject, they have nothing to lose.
It could be their suitable candidate did not accept the offer. Just dont submit pay to them.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2017, 04:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 37
tchen003 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It could be their suitable candidate did not accept the offer. Just dont submit pay to them.
Thats most likely.... thanks for the advice
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
interview, job offers, negotiation, salary disclose

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stats ChipPAC offer letter UWEEI Income and Jobs 8 26-07-2017 01:27 PM
offer letter vs appointment letter? samantha_wong Income and Jobs 1 09-12-2014 11:51 AM
Interview Request for Current Payslip - should give? Ecce Income and Jobs 15 28-04-2014 04:29 PM
signed offer letter but still going for interviews floralpeace Income and Jobs 10 07-03-2014 03:07 PM
letter of offer without benefits Imbiah Income and Jobs 1 14-05-2012 01:35 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,084 Replies, 435,477 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,017 Replies, 1,190,250 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,190 Replies, 3,796,350 Views
Difficult to switch from Public To... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 7,491 Views
Banks' Pay and Bonuses ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
226 Replies, 109,706 Views
How much savings do you have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,331 Replies, 586,259 Views
Preschool & Childcare Teachers ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 5,000 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
240 Replies, 87,499 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
487 Replies, 111,088 Views
Working at Maybank Singapore
8 Replies, 3,974 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,128 Replies, 1,423,192 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,699 Replies, 2,275,093 Views
NEED ADVICE!! LAZADA Business...
1 Replies, 154 Views
MCI and IMDA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
80 Replies, 33,518 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,280 Replies, 4,105,196 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,706 Replies, 6,715,225 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
73 Replies, 13,709 Views
Different rank in local banks ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
78 Replies, 139,776 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
580 Replies, 51,044 Views
How long does it take to hear back... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 525 Views
Credit Suisse vs Rabo Bank vs OCBC ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 5,016 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
230 Replies, 176,712 Views
SPF (Direct-Entry Inspector) ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 11,152 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
486 Replies, 118,989 Views
Working culture @ IDA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
158 Replies, 171,100 Views
How to start a small business ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 5,492 Views
Reference Checks: Does SG HR... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 98,804 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
926 Replies, 655,701 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2