Salary Check [Engineering] Maritime - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Salary Check [Engineering] Maritime

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 14-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 21
Just Want To Know is on a distinguished road
Default Salary Check [Engineering] Maritime

Good Evening to everyone,

I like to know how much is a fresh grad being paid for working in Keppel Ship yard as an engineer (ONSITE) Production.

And will there be a difference in Salary if joined as an Keppel offshore and marine Scholar?

Is there any other allowance such as hard ship allowance, risk allowance. etc.

Thank you all.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 16-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 21
Just Want To Know is on a distinguished road
Default

Bump Bump~~

Anyone can help..any similar or unconfirmed figures (realistic) also can la....

just want to know.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 20-07-2010, 01:24 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You looking to be engineer or production sup? Their lives are very different.

Going by honors there is a salary scale. Even, as scholar, don't expect your pay to be fantastic.

Hardship & risk allowance? Rofl, it comes with shipyard jobs so don't expect any extra monies for that unless you go offshore. You are only well numerated in terms of bonus.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 20-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2
applelion is on a distinguished road
Default

how about Safety Officer?


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 20-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 21
Just Want To Know is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You looking to be engineer or production sup? Their lives are very different.

Going by honors there is a salary scale. Even, as scholar, don't expect your pay to be fantastic.

Hardship & risk allowance? Rofl, it comes with shipyard jobs so don't expect any extra monies for that unless you go offshore. You are only well numerated in terms of bonus.
Hey can offer some figure for starting pay as an engineer in the production side?

Many Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 20-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

you should, if you are a fresh grad, get somewhere around 2.6k to 2.8k. its no life over at keppel fels....but bonus is around 7 to 8 months
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 21-07-2010, 08:14 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 21
Just Want To Know is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you should, if you are a fresh grad, get somewhere around 2.6k to 2.8k. its no life over at keppel fels....but bonus is around 7 to 8 months
hmm, thanks for the info.

Just some clarifications, by "no life" do you mean work like cow and don't get to spend money?

Or very boring job? everyday doing the same old thing?

Please help me understand more.

last but not least, how many years have you worked in keppelfels and is it every year 7 to 8 months bonus?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 21-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Want To Know View Post
hmm, thanks for the info.

Just some clarifications, by "no life" do you mean work like cow and don't get to spend money?

Or very boring job? everyday doing the same old thing?

Please help me understand more.

last but not least, how many years have you worked in keppelfels and is it every year 7 to 8 months bonus?
No life means you work 10 to 12 hours a day from monday to fri. and you work almost till 2pm or 3pm on every sat. by the time you go home, you will be too tired to go out. sundays are left to recuperate. these hours are expected.
as far as i know, their bonus for the past 3 to 5 years have been ranging between 5 to 8 months for an slightly above average performer
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 21-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Want To Know View Post
hmm, thanks for the info.

Just some clarifications, by "no life" do you mean work like cow and don't get to spend money?

Or very boring job? everyday doing the same old thing?

Please help me understand more.

last but not least, how many years have you worked in keppelfels and is it every year 7 to 8 months bonus?
Boring? Same old thing? If you go production you will get plenty of action both in office and onsite to have to have you begging for mercy soon enough due to mental and physical exhaustion. But of course, if you are office-based, it is not applicable. Sunday is expected to be working days for some sections, especially if you have duty.

Last year's group bonus was 9 months, not counting in personal performance bonus yet. The recent years have reach unprecedented highs due to sudden surge in orders but one can never tell as this industry is cyclical.

You basically exchange your life for money when you come to shipyard.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 21-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 21
Just Want To Know is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Boring? Same old thing? If you go production you will get plenty of action both in office and onsite to have to have you begging for mercy soon enough due to mental and physical exhaustion. But of course, if you are office-based, it is not applicable. Sunday is expected to be working days for some sections, especially if you have duty.

Last year's group bonus was 9 months, not counting in personal performance bonus yet. The recent years have reach unprecedented highs due to sudden surge in orders but one can never tell as this industry is cyclical.

You basically exchange your life for money when you come to shipyard.
Hey thanks for the info!!!

Are u from keppel ship yard?

May I know how much personal performance bonus can be?

Does it apply to everyone in shipyard?

so basically for last year is 9 months bonus + x months performance bonus?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Check property prices Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 3 22-11-2012 10:49 AM
Aerospace Engineering vs Computer Engineering vs EE engineering john Education and Personal Growth 30 14-07-2010 03:11 AM
Check your credit history Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 7 03-12-2008 01:48 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,581 Replies, 1,226,605 Views
Casino Regulatory Authority
3 Replies, 4,262 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,010 Replies, 2,190,874 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
427 Replies, 71,954 Views
Summer Internships 2020 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
37 Replies, 1,470 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,149 Replies, 5,288,745 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
48 Replies, 6,270 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
879 Replies, 717,417 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,427 Replies, 1,484,793 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
123 Replies, 95,504 Views
Life as a ICA Senior Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 121,368 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,699 Replies, 1,014,563 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,978 Replies, 1,801,854 Views
Chevron COBRA assesment, please... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 48,909 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 1,302 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,868 Replies, 3,647,939 Views
SPF (Direct-Entry Inspector) ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 1,923 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
251 Replies, 75,773 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
854 Replies, 429,816 Views
Fresh Grad from local U cant find... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
40 Replies, 4,304 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
203 Replies, 197,380 Views
What are your Job benefits ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 6,958 Views
What course should I undertake?
8 Replies, 3,132 Views
Big 4 firm rescind offers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
54 Replies, 13,304 Views
Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 15,914 Views
What is the usual salary for...
4 Replies, 1,977 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 6,272 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 12,305 Views
Career at Keppel
3 Replies, 371 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2