Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Too many foreigners in Singapore? (Poll) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/946-too-many-foreigners-singapore-poll.html)

Unregistered 12-11-2010 09:34 AM

It is only wise not to reply to forum tolls. We, be it locals or foreigners, shall all stay objective and not be sway by sweeping statements. Whatever his motives are, it is definitely not honorable.

Unregistered 12-11-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 7866)
We are dealing with a bunch of frustrated people who have forged an idea in their heads that foreigners are giving them a raw deal. In fact, its their own bosses and lack of talent which is screwing them. Simply not good enough to compete globally. But, humility is not something they know. There is no point reasoning with such people. They will not understand. They will argue, and when that is not enough, will abuse and pelt you with insults. Nothing is gonna change. Foreigners should not waste time on this forum. Its meant for Singaporeans to vent out their frustration. Dont give them more pain and frustration. Whats the point of kicking someone who is already kneeling on the ground. What is the point of paining someone who is already pained. What is the point of giving candy to someone who has diabetes. Have Mercy !

I think you are right on the mark. However, its unclear how big this group of frustrated people is. There was an earlier poster who said that they were a small group with no voice. According to the newspaper recently, the "Under 35 voters", have increased from just 20% of the population in 1996 to 35%, so the group is growing. However the are still dwarfed by the "Over 35s", which are 65% of the population. Furthermore, its also unclear how many of the 35% are "new citizens". We all know that Singapore's population rose to 6m+ from 5m+ in the last 5 years or so, and that most new immigrants are below 35. So, its possible that of the increase in under-35 voters, many of them are new citizens so the frustrated, angry and bitter voters trolling the forum may not have that much of a voice.

Unregistered 12-11-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 7887)
I think you are right on the mark. However, its unclear how big this group of frustrated people is. There was an earlier poster who said that they were a small group with no voice. According to the newspaper recently, the "Under 35 voters", have increased from just 20% of the population in 1996 to 35%, so the group is growing. However the are still dwarfed by the "Over 35s", which are 65% of the population. Furthermore, its also unclear how many of the 35% are "new citizens". We all know that Singapore's population rose to 6m+ from 5m+ in the last 5 years or so, and that most new immigrants are below 35. So, its possible that of the increase in under-35 voters, many of them are new citizens so the frustrated, angry and bitter voters trolling the forum may not have that much of a voice.

You faking someone to support your argument? LOL, so lame.

Unregistered 12-11-2010 02:45 PM

How Cynical. I am not faking my argument. I dont know who wrote the stuff supporting what I wrote. And I dont care. Too many frustrated pumpass here.

Unregistered 12-11-2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 7892)
How Cynical. I am not faking my argument. I dont know who wrote the stuff supporting what I wrote. And I dont care. Too many frustrated pumpass here.

Looks like you got balled up real bad! ROFL!

Unregistered 12-11-2010 03:24 PM

I think the last 3 posts were by the same person

Unregistered 16-11-2010 08:35 PM

There are too little foreigners in Singapore. We should be get alot more foreigners from poorer countries. The wage of the people in this country is way too high, we need more people in the work force to drive the wage down. Only when our wage is similar to those in Thailand can we be truly competitive.
PAP has the foresight to take in many foreigners and whether the locals like it or not, it is for the good of this country's future.

Unregistered 17-11-2010 10:53 AM

some foreigners do the job that Singaporeans don't want to do. we send those people back eventually. The others do the job that Singaporeans aren't capable of doing. we want those to stay.

Unregistered 17-11-2010 12:12 PM

can't be helped. sg has a sm labour force, need to have foreign workers. wat needs our attention is the low income locals, who are struggling to survive in a country with raising cost of living, need to feed the family, at the same time spend quality time with them.

Unregistered 18-12-2010 01:37 AM

We have too many foreigners

Singapore’s “international migrant stock” (foreign population, I guess) has crossed 40 per cent by the middle of this year, according to the United Nations.

Hong Kong has an international migrant stock of more than 2.7 million (38.8 per cent of the total population) and Malaysia over 2.3 million (8.5 per cent), according to the UN.

The proportion is much higher in the Gulf – 68.8 per cent in Kuwait (about 2.1 million), over 76 per cent in the United Arab Emirates (nearly 3.3 million), 86.6 per cent in Qatar (1.3 million) – but not in Saudi Arabia: 27.8 per cent (almost 7.3 million).