Too many foreigners in Singapore? (Poll) - Page 7 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Too many foreigners in Singapore? (Poll)

View Poll Results: Are there too many foreigners in Singapore?
I'm a citizen - Yes, there are too many foreigners. 159 67.09%
I'm a citizen - No, the number of foreigners is OK. 16 6.75%
I'm a PR - Yes, there are too many foreigners. 28 11.81%
I'm a PR - No, the number of foreigners is OK. 13 5.49%
I'm a foreigner - Yes, there are too many foreigners. 12 5.06%
I'm a foreigner - No, the number of foreigners is OK. 9 3.80%
Voters: 237. This poll is closed

Old 10-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I read what I wrote and still think I'm better in reading than you You like putting words in peoples mouth like "you brag about...", but that just reflects negatively on the way you think and act. You ask foreigners to contribute in a positive way, but you are nothing but negative.

It's clear that those who pay more taxes support Singapore and contribute to "nation building". This is the same nation building as a local's opportunity costs like your army service. Locals also have benefits like CPF, HDB, Edusave, topups, free shares. The Government is very generous to Singaporeans. Primary and secondary education is good and cheap. So is healthcare etc. Not quite the same for foreigners here.

You overgeneralize by saying "Everybody pays taxes", perhaps in GST but compared to most countries, the bulk of the income tax here is paid by the upper class. The middle class and lower classes don't pay much income tax, if any at all. Therefore, foreigners like me contribute disproporionately to nation building. GST of 7% is actually very low internationally.

Yes, indeed I should spare the pleasantries with you especially when you criticize by calling people names like opportunist and claim that foreigners are incompetent, but supported by bias Singaporean bosses. I didn't claim I was understanding, just that I understood your particular bitterness and understand why you rant. You use words to attack others that make no sense, but a bitter man can only see the wrong in everything. It takes talent to judge talent or trash. Trash can't judge.
You seriously need some reading and writing lessons. You cannot even understand what you write! Cut the ******** about what you know and understand. Your shallow insight is of no value, so spare us all the craps. This forum is loosing its credibility because of sub-retards like you who post nonsense. So ignorant and yet you dare to debate here, what a moron.

By the way, learn to spell too, it is "disproportionately".

Old 10-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;7802]
You overgeneralize by saying "Everybody pays taxes", perhaps in GST but compared to most countries, the bulk of the income tax here is paid by the upper class. The middle class and lower classes don't pay much income tax, if any at all. Therefore, foreigners like me contribute disproporionately to nation building. GST of 7% is actually very low internationally.
QUOTE]

BTW can I know whether does your home country need to pay higher tax than here?

Old 10-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Some citizens think FTs like yourself take away their jobs. That's why they are upset. They claim you can squeeze into a 3-rm flat with 5 friends thus paying a rent of $300 each, you have no car and no kids (so no exam stress), and you don't need to serve NS (do you know what this is?) - and so you can afford to ask for low pay and work long hours. When you earn enough, you will get the hell out of here and retire a rich man in your homeland.

Singaporeans will continue to struggle to match your super low pay. We have no cheap place to retire to. Our kids will continue to live in a pressure-cooker system with an unsympathetic government asking us to be cheaper, better and faster. While salaries of top government people go up by leaps and bounds, the man in the street sees his pay go down in real terms with costs of everything going up.

So yes, we are stupid and narrow minded. You are the clever one.
This is the worst crap I have ever read. Get real!

Old 10-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
You seriously need some reading and writing lessons. You cannot even understand what you write! Cut the ******** about what you know and understand. Your shallow insight is of no value, so spare us all the craps. This forum is loosing its credibility because of sub-retards like you who post nonsense. So ignorant and yet you dare to debate here, what a moron.

By the way, learn to spell too, it is "disproportionately".
This is all you can come up with as a reply? Sad. At least he genuinely misspelled it. You can't get your grammar right LOL. But it's OK. We expect your England to be no good.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
This is all you can come up with as a reply? Sad. At least he genuinely misspelled it. You can't get your grammar right LOL. But it's OK. We expect your England to be no good.
What don't you write something more intelligent then? At least he write something that's worth pondering. You can't even form proper sentences, ROFL, but its OK. We expect your post to be trash.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 11-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

We are dealing with a bunch of frustrated people who have forged an idea in their heads that foreigners are giving them a raw deal. In fact, its their own bosses and lack of talent which is screwing them. Simply not good enough to compete globally. But, humility is not something they know. There is no point reasoning with such people. They will not understand. They will argue, and when that is not enough, will abuse and pelt you with insults. Nothing is gonna change. Foreigners should not waste time on this forum. Its meant for Singaporeans to vent out their frustration. Dont give them more pain and frustration. Whats the point of kicking someone who is already kneeling on the ground. What is the point of paining someone who is already pained. What is the point of giving candy to someone who has diabetes. Have Mercy !

Old 11-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
We are dealing with a bunch of frustrated people who have forged an idea in their heads that foreigners are giving them a raw deal. In fact, its their own bosses and lack of talent which is screwing them. Simply not good enough to compete globally. But, humility is not something they know. There is no point reasoning with such people. They will not understand. They will argue, and when that is not enough, will abuse and pelt you with insults. Nothing is gonna change. Foreigners should not waste time on this forum. Its meant for Singaporeans to vent out their frustration. Dont give them more pain and frustration. Whats the point of kicking someone who is already kneeling on the ground. What is the point of paining someone who is already pained. What is the point of giving candy to someone who has diabetes. Have Mercy !
As a foreigner myself, I think you are delusional and ignorant. You probably can't find a job anywhere, else you won't be lurking here. When you can't defend your argument, just shut up, and walk away. Don't write nonsense, and don't be a sore loser. You are a real disgrace to all foreigners trying to make a good living here.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

Are you David Arthur? You must be related to him in some ways...

Quote:
Old 11-11-2010, 07:24 PM
The True Foreign Talent

Quote:
You must be daft!
Old 11-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
This is the worst crap I have ever read. Get real!
Nothing can be more crappy than the crap you wrote here. Get lost!