Too many foreigners in Singapore? (Poll) - Page 5 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Too many foreigners in Singapore? (Poll)

View Poll Results: Are there too many foreigners in Singapore?
I'm a citizen - Yes, there are too many foreigners. 159 67.09%
I'm a citizen - No, the number of foreigners is OK. 16 6.75%
I'm a PR - Yes, there are too many foreigners. 28 11.81%
I'm a PR - No, the number of foreigners is OK. 13 5.49%
I'm a foreigner - Yes, there are too many foreigners. 12 5.06%
I'm a foreigner - No, the number of foreigners is OK. 9 3.80%
Voters: 237. This poll is closed

Old 03-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So I hurt you morons. And no wonder, its raining abuses on me. Your right. I should not compare HK and SG bcus SG cannot survive on its own, so needs FTs. SG does not have much to boast except the fact that the leaders have created an environment where outsiders can do business and hire outsiders.

You guys are simply the case who have NO Choice. I have a PHD degree and am able to work Globally [which means US, SG, JAPAN, etc]. While you people are stuck in Singapore bcus noone outside SG will hire you. And, hence the frustration.

Your abuse does not matter since I am not someone who needs Singapore as much as you. If I am not getting a good deal, I can work elsewhere.

And ya, I think most locals are not that good. Thats why, you are being replaced. Lazy Incompetent Frustrated Stuck in the rat race u call Singapore.
I believe that you are Singaporean.... and a troll...

Old 03-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
So I hurt you morons. And no wonder, its raining abuses on me. Your right. I should not compare HK and SG bcus SG cannot survive on its own, so needs FTs. SG does not have much to boast except the fact that the leaders have created an environment where outsiders can do business and hire outsiders.

You guys are simply the case who have NO Choice. I have a PHD degree and am able to work Globally [which means US, SG, JAPAN, etc]. While you people are stuck in Singapore bcus noone outside SG will hire you. And, hence the frustration.

Your abuse does not matter since I am not someone who needs Singapore as much as you. If I am not getting a good deal, I can work elsewhere.

And ya, I think most locals are not that good. Thats why, you are being replaced. Lazy Incompetent Frustrated Stuck in the rat race u call Singapore.
Still bitching here? How can you be so stupid when you have a PHD? How much did you pay for it? We already know that you are a FTrash, so dont have to prove us again and again. No portfolio post means no proof, so dont ******** about you dont need Singapore. Replaced us? What the hell are you smoking? Dont talk big when you have no national obligations like we do, you greedy ingrate. Our choice is to stay here and build this country, while you left your own for any chance for the better. You are just an opportunist with no integrity and you expect any credibility. What a clown! What competence can you talk about when you behave like a retard? I wont be surprise if you get kick out of the rat race very soon. PHD? Globally? I would like to spit on you, but then again, to a low life like you, its a waste of my saliva.

Old 03-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I didn't claim to be the best and the brightest, nor suggest that I was in top management. You aren't very good in reading Thanks to the Singapore Government's Global City initiative, finance is booming here and a lot of money, jobs and the wealthy are moving to Singapore. Many foreigners in private banking are simply following their clients.

I believe that I already contribute to Singapore by paying taxes and contribute to the economy more than most. I can understand that someone from Cambodia or Indonesia might want to take up Singapore citizenship, but most westerners won't and we do contribute to the economy. The Singapore Government certainly sees this, but unfortunately, the cost of progress is social pain and bitter people like yourself. However, I think that over time, the bitterness will pass, and we will learn to live together.
You should read what you wrote again. And you aren't better than me in reading. I never write anything about you not contributing to Singapore, I meant you should contribute, be it financially or any other methods, in a positive way. Nobody is forcing you to take up citizenship, but if a country can gave you so much, shouldnt you do something in return? Dont brag about the amount of tax you paid, everybody pay taxes, locals have other opportunity costs too. Progress can be achieved in several ways, but of course opportunist like you would like the way that benefit you most, so spare us the "oh I am understanding" view point. Dont try to use the excuse of social pain and bitterness to cover up your incompetence of providing the progress that we needed. Talents are welcome, Trash are not!

Old 05-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

Spend less time bitching, more time looking for better opportunities. I'm a foreigner and I'm heading over to singapore soon, I've got 2 pretty good offers from MNC's in mid management. See you suckers soon!
Old 05-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
You should read what you wrote again. And you aren't better than me in reading. I never write anything about you not contributing to Singapore, I meant you should contribute, be it financially or any other methods, in a positive way. Nobody is forcing you to take up citizenship, but if a country can gave you so much, shouldnt you do something in return? Dont brag about the amount of tax you paid, everybody pay taxes, locals have other opportunity costs too. Progress can be achieved in several ways, but of course opportunist like you would like the way that benefit you most, so spare us the "oh I am understanding" view point. Dont try to use the excuse of social pain and bitterness to cover up your incompetence of providing the progress that we needed. Talents are welcome, Trash are not!
I read what I wrote and still think I'm better in reading than you You like putting words in peoples mouth like "you brag about...", but that just reflects negatively on the way you think and act. You ask foreigners to contribute in a positive way, but you are nothing but negative.

It's clear that those who pay more taxes support Singapore and contribute to "nation building". This is the same nation building as a local's opportunity costs like your army service. Locals also have benefits like CPF, HDB, Edusave, topups, free shares. The Government is very generous to Singaporeans. Primary and secondary education is good and cheap. So is healthcare etc. Not quite the same for foreigners here.

You overgeneralize by saying "Everybody pays taxes", perhaps in GST but compared to most countries, the bulk of the income tax here is paid by the upper class. The middle class and lower classes don't pay much income tax, if any at all. Therefore, foreigners like me contribute disproporionately to nation building. GST of 7% is actually very low internationally.

Yes, indeed I should spare the pleasantries with you especially when you criticize by calling people names like opportunist and claim that foreigners are incompetent, but supported by bias Singaporean bosses. I didn't claim I was understanding, just that I understood your particular bitterness and understand why you rant. You use words to attack others that make no sense, but a bitter man can only see the wrong in everything. It takes talent to judge talent or trash. Trash can't judge.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Still bitching here? How can you be so stupid when you have a PHD? How much did you pay for it? We already know that you are a FTrash, so dont have to prove us again and again. No portfolio post means no proof, so dont ******** about you dont need Singapore. Replaced us? What the hell are you smoking? Dont talk big when you have no national obligations like we do, you greedy ingrate. Our choice is to stay here and build this country, while you left your own for any chance for the better. You are just an opportunist with no integrity and you expect any credibility. What a clown! What competence can you talk about when you behave like a retard? I wont be surprise if you get kick out of the rat race very soon. PHD? Globally? I would like to spit on you, but then again, to a low life like you, its a waste of my saliva.
Did you just reply to yourself?

Old 05-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I read what I wrote and still think I'm better in reading than you You like putting words in peoples mouth like "you brag about...", but that just reflects negatively on the way you think and act. You ask foreigners to contribute in a positive way, but you are nothing but negative.

It's clear that those who pay more taxes support Singapore and contribute to "nation building". This is the same nation building as a local's opportunity costs like your army service. Locals also have benefits like CPF, HDB, Edusave, topups, free shares. The Government is very generous to Singaporeans. Primary and secondary education is good and cheap. So is healthcare etc. Not quite the same for foreigners here.

You overgeneralize by saying "Everybody pays taxes", perhaps in GST but compared to most countries, the bulk of the income tax here is paid by the upper class. The middle class and lower classes don't pay much income tax, if any at all. Therefore, foreigners like me contribute disproporionately to nation building. GST of 7% is actually very low internationally.

Yes, indeed I should spare the pleasantries with you especially when you criticize by calling people names like opportunist and claim that foreigners are incompetent, but supported by bias Singaporean bosses. I didn't claim I was understanding, just that I understood your particular bitterness and understand why you rant. You use words to attack others that make no sense, but a bitter man can only see the wrong in everything. It takes talent to judge talent or trash. Trash can't judge.
Fortunately, not all Singaporeans are like the fellow you are arguing with. In fact, I'll say that he is in the minority. I'll call him "FT wannabe". I, for one, believe that the FTs like you are beneficial to the country and that the current open door policy to them should stay. However, there are a fair number of my bros who think just like the FT wannabe because they got stuck in their jobs due to FT. They are active on forums now because they think the election is coming. However, most Singaporeans really don't care about the type of FT like you that is causing the FT wannabe to be stuck in his low position. They are more irritated with having mainland chinese and banglas all around them doing the cleaning and serving jobs. They are also more worried about things like the cost of healthcare and public transport. When the Govt wins the election then FT wannabe and his bros will go hide in the closet for another few years. FT wannabe and his bros have no political power given Singapore's demographics (they are a small group) and how good the Govt is at running elections. So, Mr FT, just keep working to make our economy great so that my properties prices keep on going up. Hahaha
Old 06-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Fortunately, not all Singaporeans are like the fellow you are arguing with. In fact, I'll say that he is in the minority. I'll call him "FT wannabe". I, for one, believe that the FTs like you are beneficial to the country and that the current open door policy to them should stay. However, there are a fair number of my bros who think just like the FT wannabe because they got stuck in their jobs due to FT. They are active on forums now because they think the election is coming. However, most Singaporeans really don't care about the type of FT like you that is causing the FT wannabe to be stuck in his low position. They are more irritated with having mainland chinese and banglas all around them doing the cleaning and serving jobs. They are also more worried about things like the cost of healthcare and public transport. When the Govt wins the election then FT wannabe and his bros will go hide in the closet for another few years. FT wannabe and his bros have no political power given Singapore's demographics (they are a small group) and how good the Govt is at running elections. So, Mr FT, just keep working to make our economy great so that my properties prices keep on going up. Hahaha
Your PROPERTIES. I guess you are in the minority then. How many of those "wannabes" can even afford to smell a second property? Many fresh graduates can't even afford a HDB flat nowadays. I'm one of them, and I hope I'm in the silent MAJORITY.

The problem with Singapore is that it is a good place for the rich and all kinds of foreigners, whether they are the blue collar types (they make good money and go back much richer), or the white collar types (they make even more money and got taxed less than their home countries, and they can choose to stay or go back). As for the poorer true blue Singaporeans, they can only hope to survive in this pressure cooker system where things are getting more expensive but salaries for them stay stagnant.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Richie

This thread is full of clowns, LOL.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

Even if you win in a rat race, you are still a RAT...