Advice needed!! SPF Senior police officer vs. Private Sector - Page 6 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Advice needed!! SPF Senior police officer vs. Private Sector

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #51 (permalink)  
Old 30-08-2014, 09:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

bumping up a old post.

I'm in private sector fmcg marketing field for 1+ years, with degree from sim, after much allowance, im taking home around 2.9K. I find my job challenging and fulfilling, but the pay really isnt there. Recently i went back for reservist and spoke to an ex officer, he said if you perform average, you shd end at the rank of supt (by age 50, promote every 3 years) that bring home around 12K and with the new retirement investment scheme, gov gave an additional contribution of 11.75% of your salary to your retirement account, after some calculation, you should have around 250k by retirement age.

On top of all these, the bonus benefits and annual leave are so much attractive as compare to my current job.

If i continue stay in the private sector, i do not know if i will come any close to 12k. Any advice to enlighten me?

Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)  
Old 30-08-2014, 10:12 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How much does a Superintendent earns in SPF? What is the rank above Superintendent?

Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)  
Old 30-08-2014, 01:59 PM
Millionaire Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 275
Hermit is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
bumping up a old post.

I'm in private sector fmcg marketing field for 1+ years, with degree from sim, after much allowance, im taking home around 2.9K. I find my job challenging and fulfilling, but the pay really isnt there. Recently i went back for reservist and spoke to an ex officer, he said if you perform average, you shd end at the rank of supt (by age 50, promote every 3 years) that bring home around 12K and with the new retirement investment scheme, gov gave an additional contribution of 11.75% of your salary to your retirement account, after some calculation, you should have around 250k by retirement age.

On top of all these, the bonus benefits and annual leave are so much attractive as compare to my current job.

If i continue stay in the private sector, i do not know if i will come any close to 12k. Any advice to enlighten me?
Please read my post in 2011 in this thread. You don't know that you will not succeed in a big way in FMCG. You have only been working for 1 years. Way to early to tell. And in the private sector you can move from sector to sector, employer to employer, country to country... the sky is your limit.

Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2014, 10:43 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How much does a Superintendent earns in SPF? What is the rank above Superintendent?
According to the ex po, supt is around 12k/mth, after supt is DAC AC SAC.
Reply With Quote
  #55 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2014, 10:45 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Please read my post in 2011 in this thread. You don't know that you will not succeed in a big way in FMCG. You have only been working for 1 years. Way to early to tell. And in the private sector you can move from sector to sector, employer to employer, country to country... the sky is your limit.
Thanks, I have decided to stick on to what im doing now
Reply With Quote
  #56 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2014, 09:54 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Please leh, SPF? You wanna sign as SPO go suck rokok with the malay POs ah? Whole of year 1 after training, you'll be and IO doing **** work. And god knows when you'll have a new job scope. Its not all about catching thieves hor ah di. There is a lot of sai kang involved.
Reply With Quote

  #57 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2014, 07:21 PM
Millionaire Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 275
Hermit is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks, I have decided to stick on to what im doing now
All the best, bro !
Reply With Quote
  #58 (permalink)  
Old 25-09-2015, 12:28 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Please leh, SPF? You wanna sign as SPO go suck rokok with the malay POs ah? Whole of year 1 after training, you'll be and IO doing **** work. And god knows when you'll have a new job scope. Its not all about catching thieves hor ah di. There is a lot of sai kang involved.
Coming from insider. Its damn true. Dun get fooled by advertisements and attractive starting bonuses.
Reply With Quote
  #59 (permalink)  
Old 25-09-2015, 12:30 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Coming from insider. Its damn true. Dun get fooled by advertisements and attractive starting bonuses.
Btw theres a reason why the turn over rate is super high. And why this decade. Adjustment to the pay amd bonus.
Reply With Quote
  #60 (permalink)  
Old 25-06-2016, 08:20 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Btw theres a reason why the turn over rate is super high. And why this decade. Adjustment to the pay amd bonus.
Policy pay among the highest in CS alongside other uniformed services. Loca U 2nd upper can earn more than fch in another ministry.

Super shiok.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
salary for second year senior associate in Big 4 HaigNY Income and Jobs 30 16-10-2012 10:30 PM
Advice needed for Ivy-L Grad down on his luck. Flyinghome Income and Jobs 31 16-03-2011 11:33 PM
Advice needed boliao123 Income and Jobs 1 18-06-2010 05:41 PM
Crazy 70 Months Bonus in Property Sector Salary.sg Income and Jobs 1 09-01-2008 12:15 PM
Charity sector pay Salary.sg Income and Jobs 1 21-06-2007 08:47 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
479 Replies, 289,520 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,296 Replies, 653,337 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
505 Replies, 347,751 Views
Working in a bank ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
531 Replies, 343,879 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
577 Replies, 459,464 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,740 Replies, 7,498,497 Views
Can share your your car... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
37 Replies, 14,877 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,942 Replies, 1,464,872 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
86 Replies, 73,316 Views
Mnc jobs - a must in life ?? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
176 Replies, 69,473 Views
Grab Finance Graduate Programme... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 2,363 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,119 Replies, 1,331,896 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
519 Replies, 297,303 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
248 Replies, 107,028 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,852 Replies, 969,698 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,385 Replies, 4,843,390 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,209 Replies, 2,599,335 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,786 Replies, 4,421,960 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,390 Replies, 609,172 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,953 Replies, 1,815,270 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
296 Replies, 113,218 Views
Getting MBA worth? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
140 Replies, 101,665 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
354 Replies, 112,587 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
279 Replies, 154,099 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,111 Replies, 273,659 Views
JTC (Jurong Town Corporation) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 40,470 Views
IB Salaries in SG (BBs and EBs...
0 Replies, 152 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,442 Replies, 1,400,482 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,073 Replies, 2,582,257 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
209 Replies, 172,573 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2