Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Advice needed!! SPF Senior police officer vs. Private Sector (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/939-advice-needed-singapore-police-force-senior-police-officer-vs-private-sector.html)

Unregistered 30-08-2014 09:42 AM

bumping up a old post.

I'm in private sector fmcg marketing field for 1+ years, with degree from sim, after much allowance, im taking home around 2.9K. I find my job challenging and fulfilling, but the pay really isnt there. Recently i went back for reservist and spoke to an ex officer, he said if you perform average, you shd end at the rank of supt (by age 50, promote every 3 years) that bring home around 12K and with the new retirement investment scheme, gov gave an additional contribution of 11.75% of your salary to your retirement account, after some calculation, you should have around 250k by retirement age.

On top of all these, the bonus benefits and annual leave are so much attractive as compare to my current job.

If i continue stay in the private sector, i do not know if i will come any close to 12k. Any advice to enlighten me?

Unregistered 30-08-2014 10:12 AM

How much does a Superintendent earns in SPF? What is the rank above Superintendent?

Hermit 30-08-2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55681)
bumping up a old post.

I'm in private sector fmcg marketing field for 1+ years, with degree from sim, after much allowance, im taking home around 2.9K. I find my job challenging and fulfilling, but the pay really isnt there. Recently i went back for reservist and spoke to an ex officer, he said if you perform average, you shd end at the rank of supt (by age 50, promote every 3 years) that bring home around 12K and with the new retirement investment scheme, gov gave an additional contribution of 11.75% of your salary to your retirement account, after some calculation, you should have around 250k by retirement age.

On top of all these, the bonus benefits and annual leave are so much attractive as compare to my current job.

If i continue stay in the private sector, i do not know if i will come any close to 12k. Any advice to enlighten me?

Please read my post in 2011 in this thread. You don't know that you will not succeed in a big way in FMCG. You have only been working for 1 years. Way to early to tell. And in the private sector you can move from sector to sector, employer to employer, country to country... the sky is your limit. :)

Unregistered 31-08-2014 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55684)
How much does a Superintendent earns in SPF? What is the rank above Superintendent?

According to the ex po, supt is around 12k/mth, after supt is DAC AC SAC.

Unregistered 31-08-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermit (Post 55704)
Please read my post in 2011 in this thread. You don't know that you will not succeed in a big way in FMCG. You have only been working for 1 years. Way to early to tell. And in the private sector you can move from sector to sector, employer to employer, country to country... the sky is your limit. :)

Thanks, I have decided to stick on to what im doing now :D

Unregistered 01-09-2014 09:54 AM

Please leh, SPF? You wanna sign as SPO go suck rokok with the malay POs ah? Whole of year 1 after training, you'll be and IO doing **** work. And god knows when you'll have a new job scope. Its not all about catching thieves hor ah di. There is a lot of sai kang involved.

Hermit 01-09-2014 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55738)
Thanks, I have decided to stick on to what im doing now :D

All the best, bro ! :)

Unregistered 25-09-2015 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55766)
Please leh, SPF? You wanna sign as SPO go suck rokok with the malay POs ah? Whole of year 1 after training, you'll be and IO doing **** work. And god knows when you'll have a new job scope. Its not all about catching thieves hor ah di. There is a lot of sai kang involved.

Coming from insider. Its damn true. Dun get fooled by advertisements and attractive starting bonuses.

Unregistered 25-09-2015 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73038)
Coming from insider. Its damn true. Dun get fooled by advertisements and attractive starting bonuses.

Btw theres a reason why the turn over rate is super high. And why this decade. Adjustment to the pay amd bonus.

Unregistered 25-06-2016 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73039)
Btw theres a reason why the turn over rate is super high. And why this decade. Adjustment to the pay amd bonus.

Policy pay among the highest in CS alongside other uniformed services. Loca U 2nd upper can earn more than fch in another ministry.

Super shiok.