Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Advice needed!! SPF Senior police officer vs. Private Sector (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/939-advice-needed-singapore-police-force-senior-police-officer-vs-private-sector.html)

Anonymous 19-02-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haiz2006 (Post 21018)
i am intending to sign on CPIB IO>>> any advice?
have to study law too, just afraid one day if i have to leave the service...where to head to?

Of course if CPIB treat me well, i will stay..all about passion.
Izzit really hard to enter corporate security related job aft years of service in the enforcement?

Study law as in taking a law degree? If yes and you do well there is always the legal service.

haiz2006 19-02-2012 09:20 PM

hmmm

anyone work in CPIB??

Unregistered 20-02-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haiz2006 (Post 21018)
i am intending to sign on CPIB IO>>> any advice?
have to study law too, just afraid one day if i have to leave the service...where to head to?

Of course if CPIB treat me well, i will stay..all about passion.
Izzit really hard to enter corporate security related job aft years of service in the enforcement?

sorry i'm not familiar with CPIB. If u enjoy doing investigations & probably lotsa paperwork, i guess that job will be suitable for u. Esp wif all the recent cases they're investigating now, the workload may be quite high.

After u quit, i tink the banks will take in ppl wif your background/experience, esp for corporate investigation roles involving fraud, etc. Not too hard to enter corp security but it's also abt the rite timing. Good luck.

haiz2006 20-02-2012 06:48 PM

Hmmm

Not sure hows their working hrs .. Cannot b working whole day and investigate non stop right? There are so many cases to conduct investigation and officer need to sleep too..

And izzit really hard to find Job after years of service with cpib? Heard they paying out lump sum aft few years of service

puzzled 15-03-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haiz2006 (Post 21096)
Not sure hows their working hrs .. Cannot b working whole day and investigate non stop right? There are so many cases to conduct investigation and officer need to sleep too..

And izzit really hard to find Job after years of service with cpib? Heard they paying out lump sum aft few years of service

Hi haiz2006,did you take up the job in cpib in the end?how is the jobscope like?

Unregistered 17-03-2012 11:09 AM

Still deciding....

theres a chance...

but wondering wanna join...no one in CPIB to give advice and they normally dont speak up after they are in..secretive

Unregistered321 05-08-2012 08:43 AM

cpio

I am in interested in being a cpio as well any info?

Unregistered1 05-08-2012 05:21 PM

Am interested in SPO and CPIO, any advise on the career prospect and if i leave where can one go which value the years of experience.

Hermit 07-08-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered1 (Post 27351)
Am interested in SPO and CPIO, any advise on the career prospect and if i leave where can one go which value the years of experience.

To you and others who have been thinking about this route. My answer is avoid it if possible. The only post-police careers are limited to Certis Cisco security industry and perhaps bank credit card fraud investigation. Go find a real job and learn about the real world.

Unregistered_ 12-08-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermit (Post 27396)
To you and others who have been thinking about this route. My answer is avoid it if possible. The only post-police careers are limited to Certis Cisco security industry and perhaps bank credit card fraud investigation. Go find a real job and learn about the real world.

Contract is how many years before they review whether to re-contract?