Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   SPRING Singapore (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/9325-spring-singapore.html)

currypok 01-08-2017 05:48 PM

SPRING Singapore

hi everyone. I've applied for a job at Spring Singapore and went for the first round of interview. Would like to understand more abt the organisation and hopefully the seniors here who are working/had worked at Spring before to enlighten me:

1) how's the working culture like? i've been told that since spring deals with SMEs, it is quite 'xiong' compared to other govt agencies.
2) career progression - how long does it take for promotion for a typical above-average employee? 2 years minimally?
3) senior management - is the senior management 'open' or quite old school?
4) pay - since it is an agency under MTI, i am expecting the remuneration package to be above average? i came from a non-profit generating agency so pay was really low.

thanks seniors! :)

Unregistered 01-08-2017 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by currypok (Post 99152)
hi everyone. I've applied for a job at Spring Singapore and went for the first round of interview. Would like to understand more abt the organisation and hopefully the seniors here who are working/had worked at Spring before to enlighten me:

1) how's the working culture like? i've been told that since spring deals with SMEs, it is quite 'xiong' compared to other govt agencies.
2) career progression - how long does it take for promotion for a typical above-average employee? 2 years minimally?
3) senior management - is the senior management 'open' or quite old school?
4) pay - since it is an agency under MTI, i am expecting the remuneration package to be above average? i came from a non-profit generating agency so pay was really low.

thanks seniors! :)

Where did you get the idea SPRING pays above average wages? From what I hear in the market and acquaintances, it does not sound like a good place to work in compared to other stat boards.

Unregistered 01-08-2017 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99162)
Where did you get the idea SPRING pays above average wages? From what I hear in the market and acquaintances, it does not sound like a good place to work in compared to other stat boards.

hello

chat with this grabhitch driver and his son's bf works there n said the pay is not bad. and also i assume that it's an agency under MTI so the pay cannot be lower than what i was already earning.

thanks for sharing!

currypok 01-08-2017 09:56 PM

son's gf**

Unregistered 01-08-2017 11:48 PM

From the looks of things you seem very desperate to grab any job to get out of current situation. Just pray hard for offer then sign on dotted line immediately, it doesn't matter all these other secondary things like career progression or work culture. Not like you have a choice at all.

currypok 02-08-2017 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99172)
From the looks of things you seem very desperate to grab any job to get out of current situation. Just pray hard for offer then sign on dotted line immediately, it doesn't matter all these other secondary things like career progression or work culture. Not like you have a choice at all.

Hi

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that i'm desperate. Anyway, i am
not. Hence i bother to ask these questions. If i'm desperate, i would have sign on the dotted line without consulting seniors here :)

Unregistered 02-08-2017 03:52 PM

Spring is cmi stat board, very stale culture and the job mostly repetitive mainly doing documentation and report writing. Try to get into good stat boards like EDB, IMDA, A* or IE, their pay and people talent much much better.

Unregistered 02-08-2017 08:58 PM

Spring has a pretty stale culture and has a reputation of being ineffective and bureaucratic. It is relatively xiong, but u spend more time doing bo liao things that things that are really needed.

It also depends on you. If you are the box ticking type and wish for a stable, repetitive job, than it is fine for you.

Having said that, it is not easy to get in and offers an above average civil service pay.

Unregistered 02-08-2017 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99194)
Spring has a pretty stale culture and has a reputation of being ineffective and bureaucratic. It is relatively xiong, but u spend more time doing bo liao things that things that are really needed.

It also depends on you. If you are the box ticking type and wish for a stable, repetitive job, than it is fine for you.

Having said that, it is not easy to get in and offers an above average civil service pay.

Agree on above except pay is about civil service level, not above average.

currypok 02-08-2017 10:49 PM

thanks all for your replies!

oh, so far my experience with their HR is quite good. they are super efficient (i got a call within 1 week after application, to explain the JD in detail and to answer any queries i had. after that, they proceed to send me the link to do an online written assessment. Within 3 days after submission, they arranged for my first interview. 1 hour after my interview, i was informed that they will be calling my references. received another call within a week to schedule for another interview. maybe they are desperate to fill the position haha

guess i\'ll know abt the pay if they really offer me a job. will update again!