Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Too many mistakes, will I never have a career in Singapore? Help please. (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/9306-too-many-mistakes-will-i-never-have-career-singapore-help-please.html)

kukawat 29-07-2017 10:27 AM

Too many mistakes, will I never have a career in Singapore? Help please.

My life story:

Born -> 17 yo drop out of JC -> 21 yo drop out of Poly -> 22 yo enter NS -> 24 yo exit NS (PES E depression, ceritificate says 'cannot cope well') -> 26 yo completed 100% online bachelors from capella uni -> work 4 years in japan teaching English -> 30 yo entered NUS to do MSc politics -> now just completed MSc politics looking for jobs for the first time in my life I actually think about career.

I have been interviewing but they will ask me about gaps etc. Frankly, no one will employ some guy who dropped out of both JC/poly and still crazy enough to do 100% online bachelors right? They even ask for certificate from NS and mine is also horrible.

I can transfer credits from my online bachelors to do a private degree in 1-2 years but employers will still ask where is my first bachelors right?

I mean, I looking for a serious job perhaps in Digital Marketing, Journalism or Teaching (MOE).

Is my career/life over in Singapore? Others were working on A levels or Uni while I was searching for freedom in my 20s doing all kinds of nonsensical stuff. I detested the idea of office job I found it so silly then. But now, all I want is a serious office job where I can use my skills and raise a family.

Even if I were to take A levels and go local uni bachelors, it would be pointless now right? Graduate at 36-37 or something.

I really got no idea what to do. I currently working in a temp job in civil service that pays okay but going for interviews has been sobering.

I am Singaporean Indian grew up in broken family with some family issues which perhaps explains why I was messed up.

Unregistered 29-07-2017 11:33 AM

Not this farking mental problem nonsense again...

Unregistered 29-07-2017 06:40 PM

Hahaha! OMG, this is version what now? Over the years, you been selling this sob story. If you have spent these time in fast food industry, you would have been a supervisor by now. Stop crying over spilled milk.

kukawat 29-07-2017 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99058)
Hahaha! OMG, this is version what now? Over the years, you been selling this sob story. If you have spent these time in fast food industry, you would have been a supervisor by now. Stop crying over spilled milk.

I have never signed up here before this year. And to hell with idiots like you. I am working in a temp job but I am earning almost 4k. I was earning almost 4k sgd even in Japan.

Unregistered 29-07-2017 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99058)

That is a very good suggestion.

TS please go work in MacDonalds and stop posting here again and again.

I am sure you would be a supervisor or even manager if you really put in the effort and not give up as usual.

Unregistered 30-07-2017 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kukawat (Post 99060)
I have never signed up here before this year. And to hell with idiots like you. I am working in a temp job but I am earning almost 4k. I was earning almost 4k sgd even in Japan.

so childish...