Breaking the Letter Of Commitment With Recruitment Agency - Page 4 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Breaking the Letter Of Commitment With Recruitment Agency

Old 26-09-2021, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Tell them to suck your cock. No such thing one, since you never signed a contract with the agency.
Actually I did, and it has the clauses and everything. But I would say it was a letter of acceptance from the agency & NOT the emplyment contract from the company itself?
But the paper that i sign has has clauses stating, if signed this acceptance letter and never turn up for work it will be taken has no show thus breaching the contract and have to pay liquidated damages of 1 month salary! I already informed the agentI want to retract in them most apologetic and gracioous manner, but she say too bad you already sign it!
You guys think the agency will pursue with lawyers? Any advice please!

Old 27-09-2021, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Actually I did, and it has the clauses and everything. But I would say it was a letter of acceptance from the agency & NOT the emplyment contract from the company itself?
But the paper that i sign has has clauses stating, if signed this acceptance letter and never turn up for work it will be taken has no show thus breaching the contract and have to pay liquidated damages of 1 month salary! I already informed the agentI want to retract in them most apologetic and gracioous manner, but she say too bad you already sign it!
You guys think the agency will pursue with lawyers? Any advice please!
Interesting...I have never heard of such a thing. Have found jobs through 3 agents so far and there was always only a contract between me and the hiring coy. This is very strange...

Old 27-09-2021, 07:48 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Interesting...I have never heard of such a thing. Have found jobs through 3 agents so far and there was always only a contract between me and the hiring coy. This is very strange...
what companies are those agents from?

Old 27-09-2021, 08:36 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
what companies are those agents from?
Your typical ones like Randstad and Michael Page..
Old 01-10-2021, 06:46 AM
Unregistered

I have a similar situation.. I signed an agreement service with the employment agency and another contract with my company. 4 days into the job,I wanted to resign because there was no training provided,even when they specifically said that they will provide training for those with no experience. Basically, the "training" is that I do what I can and if I had any problems,I ask someone. That really bothers me because I am dealing with biohazard materials which should not be taken lightly. My company stated that I need to give 2 weeks notice if I want to resign,but the agency requires me to work for 3 months or else I have to pay a month's salary. I talked to the recruiter and he said that the training is actually subjective to the supervisor,therefore cannot be a reason for my resignation. I have to work for 3 months or else I have to pay. I go to work anxious because I was not shown the proper way to perform my job and basically I'm winging it everyday. Is there a way out of the agreement service with the agency? Any advise is helpful. Thank you.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 01-10-2021, 08:21 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I have a similar situation.. I signed an agreement service with the employment agency and another contract with my company. 4 days into the job,I wanted to resign because there was no training provided,even when they specifically said that they will provide training for those with no experience. Basically, the "training" is that I do what I can and if I had any problems,I ask someone. That really bothers me because I am dealing with biohazard materials which should not be taken lightly. My company stated that I need to give 2 weeks notice if I want to resign,but the agency requires me to work for 3 months or else I have to pay a month's salary. I talked to the recruiter and he said that the training is actually subjective to the supervisor,therefore cannot be a reason for my resignation. I have to work for 3 months or else I have to pay. I go to work anxious because I was not shown the proper way to perform my job and basically I'm winging it everyday. Is there a way out of the agreement service with the agency? Any advise is helpful. Thank you.
This is pretty straightforward, i don't understand why do you need to ask.
Report to NEA and MOM and find a new job.
Your case is no training available with handling of bio hazard material. Provide photos and videos and emails. Get them to interfere. Then complete your 3 month's and move on.

Old 01-10-2021, 09:05 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Are you Homer Simpson?

Siao lah just report to MOM.
Old 02-10-2021, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
You cant expect the job description to be entirely true. They can anyhow put but during job, different story, such as doing a different job which is not mention in job description or like your case, no training provided. Never expect the the work to be exactly as what is mentioned in description. I can see two options for you.

First, you just do what you can, slowly learn and keep asking someone questions on your work procedures and endure for 3 months or pay that 1 month salary and leave.

Is that a sme or mnc company?
Old 02-10-2021, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
You cant expect the job description to be entirely true. They can anyhow put but during job, different story, such as doing a different job which is not mention in job description or like your case, no training provided. Never expect the the work to be exactly as what is mentioned in description. I can see two options for you.

First, you just do what you can, slowly learn and keep asking someone questions on your work procedures and endure for 3 months or pay that 1 month salary and leave.

Is that a sme or mnc company?
Dont give stupid advice pls, this is regarding training which was mentioned but not provided and it is dealing with biohazard chemicals. Dont give this kinda blind sheep advice follow this kinda arbirtary 3 months clauses or pay salary.

To OP just serve your 2 weeks notice and leave, dont pay the 1 month salary. If recruitment agency threaten you, they also end up wont do ****. End of the day the mentioned training to deal with biohazard was also not given they wont dare and cant do ****. Know your rights. Speaking as someone who quit a role in the 2nd week of the job.
Old 08-11-2021, 05:54 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
i also facing issue with the agency too.
They force me to pay back them 1 month salary based on the clause of "accepted offer but not start work or worked less than 90 days".
but in fact the reason why i rejected the work after agreed is because agent give me wrong info on the direct transport. Try to talk to them she not listening,and she sent me Letter of Intent to request payment.She say if i no reply after deadline she going to put me in legal case.

I need advise on this. Can i ignore them since they not listening and they have fault in providing me wrong info at first?
Hi, can I check did u pay for compensation for breach of recruitment contract? Recently I just face this issue and agent ask me to pay within 2 days. Will they hire lawyer to sue me?