Breaking the Letter Of Commitment With Recruitment Agency - Page 3 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Breaking the Letter Of Commitment With Recruitment Agency

Old 24-06-2019, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

Default same case here

i also facing issue with the agency too.
They force me to pay back them 1 month salary based on the clause of "accepted offer but not start work or worked less than 90 days".
but in fact the reason why i rejected the work after agreed is because agent give me wrong info on the direct transport. Try to talk to them she not listening,and she sent me Letter of Intent to request payment.She say if i no reply after deadline she going to put me in legal case.

I need advise on this. Can i ignore them since they not listening and they have fault in providing me wrong info at first?

Old 08-08-2019, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

Any update on this? How abt, is there a binding effect that you signed the contract with the offering company, but before starting work, u decide to withdraw. Are you still bounded? As they do put, that from the date you accept to the date you commence service, If you withdraw, u are considered failing to comply as per the minimum stay

Old 08-08-2019, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i also facing issue with the agency too.
They force me to pay back them 1 month salary based on the clause of "accepted offer but not start work or worked less than 90 days".
but in fact the reason why i rejected the work after agreed is because agent give me wrong info on the direct transport. Try to talk to them she not listening,and she sent me Letter of Intent to request payment.She say if i no reply after deadline she going to put me in legal case.

I need advise on this. Can i ignore them since they not listening and they have fault in providing me wrong info at first?

How your case? Did you pay?

Old 25-06-2020, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

Can ignore recruiter without paid them as working few day and really no money paid breaking cost one month?
Old 25-06-2020, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Can ignore recruiter without paid them as working few day and really no money paid breaking cost one month?
Just block his number. Aiya they cfm wont go small claims tribunal to demand $$ from you
Old 19-08-2020, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
In life there is the brave and foolish, dumb and foolish, brave and smart.

They just trying to do legal intimidation.
Bro it is 3k, not 300k.

Super unlikely they will carry on with legal proceedings. They just blow their trumpet.

Totally not worth their time and money. good chance this is empty threat. If you feel they misrepresent the company and mislead you into signing the agreement, should fight it out.

Most of the time u can get away by ignoring their email.
so the possiblility of paying for the one month and lawyer fees is there....

Old 09-05-2021, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

Angry need some advise

Hi All,

Need your advise on this.

I recently gotten a new job via a recruitment agency (lets call them A) and have signed the employment contract with them. I was due to start work at the end of May. Few days later, I was also asked to sign a letter of commitment, stating that if I decline the job offer at a later date or fail to commence work, I would have to pay 1 month pay as compensation.

I was skeptical of this letter as I do not wish to be bonded by such terms.

Skip to 2 weeks later, the recruiter kept sending me email/whatsapp to chase for the signed letter of commitment. Due to my stupidity, I decided to sign this letter and stop her from chasing and hounding me.

A week later, I received a better job offer from another company. I decided to take up this offer and informed A of my decision to forgo their offer as I have found a better job. This recruiter was furious and demanded that I pay 1 month compensation and used the signed letter of commitment as proof. They said it was a breach of contract and will bring legal action against me if I did not pay them. (PS. I am just a white collar worker earning ard 3k/mth only T.T)

Question:

1. Will the agency go ahead with their threats?

2. Since I am in breach of contract, do I have any chance to win? I believe this is really unethical of this agency to come out with such clauses. I plan to find a pro bono lawyer if it really goes to legal action.

3. Signed letter of commitment stated was 9-April, but I only signed on 22-April after much chasing from the recruiter. Is this backdated "contract" still valid? Can I say I signed it due to duress? (continously chasing from recruiter)

4. I called MOM and they said they cannot help as employee-employer relationship is not established, so my problem is with the agency.zzz. Any other governing bodies which can help me?

Hopeful for some advise as I do not wish to pay this 3k to the agency T.T
Old 17-09-2021, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

I'm on similar situation..

How's your situation? Did the agency go ahead with their threats?

For my situation, I've able to signed the Letter of Intent. After a few days, they give me the Letter of Appointment in which I don't like the details/agreement, I didn't signed it and withdraw on their offer since I've also got another offer from other company that will process my work pass immediately since my social visit pass will be expiring soon.

The agent was so furious and asked me that I need to pay the 1month salary since I fail to cooperate on the onboarding process, fail to signed the Letter of Appointment.

Any advise on this?

Thanks.
Old 25-09-2021, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

Hi Im on same situation.

Signed a offer acceptance letter with the agency. Agency told me emplyment contract will be signed on first day of work which is slightly more than a month away. Now I’ve decided to accept another company’s offer and retract the one I signed with the agency. Agency ask me to pay the liquidated damages of 1 month salary. What do I do?

any advice thanks!
Old 25-09-2021, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi Im on same situation.

Signed a offer acceptance letter with the agency. Agency told me emplyment contract will be signed on first day of work which is slightly more than a month away. Now I’ve decided to accept another company’s offer and retract the one I signed with the agency. Agency ask me to pay the liquidated damages of 1 month salary. What do I do?

any advice thanks!
Tell them to suck your cock. No such thing one, since you never signed a contract with the agency.