Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   salary for degree graduate (ACCA level 2) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/917-salary-degree-graduate-acca-level-2-a.html)

jobhunter 06-06-2010 12:34 AM

salary for degree graduate (ACCA level 2)

I have a diploma in accounts with 8 years experience. Recently completed ACCA level 2 & have obtained degree in oxford brookes (2nd class upper).
Is it true that some employers do not recognise this degree as I did not complete level 3?
My salary is currently $2600. Am I underpaid??? How much salary should I ask for? All comments are appreciated.

Unregistered 06-06-2010 07:00 AM

With ACCA, degree and 8 years of experience, you are definitely underpaid. Your market rate should be at least 3.5k / month

jobhunter 06-06-2010 09:56 PM

My degree from oxford brookes in applied accounting was actually attained by completing ACCA Level 2. I have no intention of completing level 3 due to family commitment. How much salary should I ask for?

ahsanamin 18-06-2010 03:49 AM

job

i m student of acca level 2 i m seeking for job for my self i have intation to contiue my study

DudeWheresMyCar 29-06-2010 05:23 PM

During my earlier years, I was also told the acca level 2 is considered a degree. But reality check, its not. Even you completed it, its still not a degree. Its just a professional qualification. Still, many companies in singapore do not recognise acca as a degree, unless its accounting/audit firms where fresh grads work as a stepping stone because of the relatively low pay. I had a hard time getting a job even with acca qualification + 5 yrs experience. even though i'm an acca grad, i find the paper rather useless compared to degrees.

With your 8 years of experience, you are underpaid. try negotiating for at least 3.2-3.5k for the next job.

jobhunter 29-06-2010 11:20 PM

Is the honours degree in applied accounting (only completion of acca level 2) conferred by oxford brookes university valued higher or lower by employers compared to other overseas accounting degree like RMIT?
May I know how much is your pay now with your acca qualifications & five years experience?

DudeWheresMyCar 30-06-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter (Post 6356)
Is the honours degree in applied accounting (only completion of acca level 2) conferred by oxford brookes university valued higher or lower by employers compared to other overseas accounting degree like RMIT?
May I know how much is your pay now with your acca qualifications & five years experience?

The oxford degree is a plus but most employers do want to see your transcript of the said degree. Therefore, based on the syllabus for the degree of applied accounting, i would say the overseas accounting degree is valued higher.

I'm only getting 3.6k after graduating from acca 2 yrs back. Rather pathetic I would say. But I have friends who achieved their acca 1-2 yrs earlier than me, getting 2.6k-3k only. This range of salary is like for fresh graduates from local/overseas universities that is why i think acca is rather useless. Sometimes, its not always comparable.

Unregistered 30-06-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DudeWheresMyCar (Post 6365)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jobhunter (Post 6128)
I have a diploma in accounts with 8 years experience. Recently completed ACCA level 2 & have obtained degree in oxford brookes (2nd class upper).
Is it true that some employers do not recognise this degree as I did not complete level 3?
My salary is currently $2600. Am I underpaid??? How much salary should I ask for? All comments are appreciated.

The oxford degree is a plus but most employers do want to see your transcript of the said degree. Therefore, based on the syllabus for the degree of applied accounting, i would say the overseas accounting degree is valued higher.

"oxford brookes" can become "oxford degree"?

Then "raffles education" can become "raffles institution"?

jobhunter 01-07-2010 12:11 AM

Well it all depends on the employers. Like my boss she said she prefers to hire local u graduates rather than acca graduates. HOWEVER she still hires my colleague who is acca graduate cos she is a CPA.

Unregistered 01-07-2010 11:04 PM

How old are you?