Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Deputy Director or Director - Civil Service earns? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/911-deputy-director-director-civil-service-earns.html)

Paladin18 02-06-2010 12:07 AM

No problem. I should thank you for your kind words. I'm 37 actually. :o
Feel free to let me know if you have any further queries on the public sector. I'll try my best to address them.

Paladin18 02-06-2010 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babymango (Post 6080)
btw, what is PB?

Oops, sorry...dind't see your query. PB refers to performance bonus. :)

Unregistered 02-06-2010 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paladin18 (Post 6081)
No problem. I should thank you for your kind words. I'm 37 actually. :o
Feel free to let me know if you have any further queries on the public sector. I'll try my best to address them.

I'm a non-scholar, 2nd upper NUS grad too. Been in service since 2007 and getting 4.4k gross. Your post does shed some light on career development within public service. Do you have any words of advice for a newbie?

Unregistered 02-06-2010 11:08 PM

Bro paladin, your comments have been extremely insightful for me as well.

Just rejoined the civil service after a stint outside. Unfortunately, I'm one of those managers you spoke of. The pay band for this ambiguous grade is quite wide, i figured. Something from 4.2k all the way to 7.5k, and its further split by the assistant manager and senior manager grades. Since its not a part of the normal rank scale, what do you think of the prospects in this case?

Unregistered 15-06-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 6091)
Bro paladin, your comments have been extremely insightful for me as well.

Just rejoined the civil service after a stint outside. Unfortunately, I'm one of those managers you spoke of. The pay band for this ambiguous grade is quite wide, i figured. Something from 4.2k all the way to 7.5k, and its further split by the assistant manager and senior manager grades. Since its not a part of the normal rank scale, what do you think of the prospects in this case?

Hi folks, any idea how much does an "Assistant Director" in the Civil Service (such Ministry of Trade & Industry and Ministry of Health) earn? I had about 7 years of experience in the private sector (semicon) and stat board, and trying out my luck in the ministries.

Low Flyer 15-06-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 6213)
Hi folks, any idea how much does an "Assistant Director" in the Civil Service (such Ministry of Trade & Industry and Ministry of Health) earn? I had about 7 years of experience in the private sector (semicon) and stat board, and trying out my luck in the ministries.

MTI Asst. Director is an entry level position. (it has been said titles don't stand for squat in the public service sometimes)

Progression at MTI is:

A/D
Sr A/D (or SAD if ur fond of acronyms)
DD
D

Within these are multiple salary bands which you have to watch out for. End of the day just go for Portfolio & Pay. Not the title.

Flyinghome 15-06-2010 10:47 PM

Hi Guys,
Can anyone tell me how much an asst director/deputy director can expect to earn in a Keppel/Capitaland/SMRT?

Thanks

smallfry 21-06-2010 11:32 PM

hi paladin! you've got mail =)

mediocre 06-07-2010 10:12 PM

Hi Mr.Paladin and friends,

just chance upon this page and I too have questions to ask!

how much is the starting pay for a stat board scholar from NUS with first class/second upper division? and according to your experience, how fast can he/she rises to earn around 8k monthly?

regarding DD, do they earn 5 figures as I heard? thanks for your sharing!

Unregistered 08-07-2010 01:47 AM

Any idea how senior is Assistant Director in MAS?
Are these equivalent to manger post or higher?