ex jc poly dropout now nus msc got hope left? - Page 2 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

ex jc poly dropout now nus msc got hope left?

Old 06-07-2017, 01:31 AM
Verified Member

kukawat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No one is stopping you from trying. Masters ain't a big deal with the Civil Service; they look at your first degree more to be honest. And that would be your potential pitfall.

If you truly want a job in the Civil Service, my advice to you would be to look for Stat boards/agencies rather than Ministries. They are more flexible, and can bend the rules a bit for you, if you are able to bring in the expertise and experience they want. It may also be easier to join the uniform group though. Prisons is a good place, but you have have the right heart and interest. It's a iron rice bowl, so up to you.

In short, its not easy to have your cake and eat it in Singapore. Not unless you're a scholar, you're well connected, family rich, or you've made it as an entrepreneur through sheer hard work.
dnt mind joining but i pes e how to join? ask to up pes?

getting old want a career path. got accepted by psb to do a 'top up' bachelors degree in 16 months...i can buy a private uni degree with 2 years exemptions if it helps to improve my profile.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukawat;9847The 4
dnt mind joining but i pes e how to join? ask to up pes?

getting old want a career path. got accepted by psb to do a 'top up' bachelors degree in 16 months...i can buy a private uni degree with 2 years exemptions if it helps to improve my profile.
The PES status may be a hindrance for your application for uniformed jobs. Having said that, there are desk-bound jobs within the uniform sector that you can apply to, and the PES status shouldn't make any difference.

I don't think having a bachelor from PSB is going to cut it. Anyway how did you get into NUS's Master's programme in the first place?

Old 06-07-2017, 02:39 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
The PES status may be a hindrance for your application for uniformed jobs. Having said that, there are desk-bound jobs within the uniform sector that you can apply to, and the PES status shouldn't make any difference.

I don't think having a bachelor from PSB is going to cut it. Anyway how did you get into NUS's Master's programme in the first place?
Already wrote in front...feels like waste of time money...useless for employment.

Old 07-07-2017, 06:29 PM
Verified Member

do you think it is possible to get an admin ops job in a bank? any old birds know?
Old 07-07-2017, 06:33 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
No one is stopping you from trying. Masters ain't a big deal with the Civil Service; they look at your first degree more to be honest. And that would be your potential pitfall.
actually the bachelors can be fixed quite easily. with 2 degrees, doing a relevant part time bachelors in psb or wherever just takes 1-2 years part time since i will receive lots of exemptions.

just interested in finding a job, admin in banks or stat boards. dont even mind diploma pay (~2.5k)
Old 07-07-2017, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukawat View Post
Already wrote in front...feels like waste of time money...useless for employment.
u did not quote expciltly. Usually nus is quite selective with msc, and require a proper degree before admission

That being said, review of your entire thread suggests to me that while you may not be a right fit for civil service, you still may obtain your middle-class script and middle class income by working as a screenwriter. I believe you have talent for that! All the best! Hope to see your plays and movies in years to come! You can do it!!

Old 07-07-2017, 09:55 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
u did not quote expciltly. Usually nus is quite selective with msc, and require a proper degree before admission

That being said, review of your entire thread suggests to me that while you may not be a right fit for civil service, you still may obtain your middle-class script and middle class income by working as a screenwriter. I believe you have talent for that! All the best! Hope to see your plays and movies in years to come! You can do it!!
btw if anyone can help i really appreciate it. i was ranting in front. but i mostly looking for financial operations type jobs. will i be able to enter?

to ans ur qns, i think u nv done grad study before. yes, they admit ppl with academic potential and i clearly displayed it and admitting me clearly was the right choice since i did get 4.6 gpa. at nus, there are plenty of psb or uni of small town in china ppl doing graduate degrees. but yes, u probably need a first class to go in and of course, $$$.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

This weirdo is just spinning stories as he go along, every few months he will come back with a new id but more or less same story. You are taking him too seriously. The reason why he can enroll in MSC in NUS without a proper degree is simple - it exists only in his fantasy.
Old 22-07-2017, 10:05 PM
Verified Member

Having looked for jobs for a while, I finally found a contract role. I really regret my past choices...put myself in such a precarious insecure position in this job market.
Old 22-07-2017, 10:44 PM
Verified Member

Quote:

sporeans like u are really funny sometimes. if you never read a masters before then dont jump to conclusions.

even nus president shih choon fong did his masters at harvard without a bachelors. donald tsang is another one.

and i do have an accredited bachelors, read the same basic textbooks, got a summa cum laude and my bachelors is accepted by many countries and universities for advanced standing.