Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Pharmacist (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/903-pharmacist.html)

Unregistered 22-07-2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophistic (Post 6563)
Hi, can u send ur contact no or e-mail to my inbox here. better to chat personally. Thanks.

hi sophistic my email is [email protected] , pls send me an email aor dd me msn asap. i need to make my imp decision soon . thanks

Unregistered 25-07-2010 01:16 AM

I wan to noe more as well

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 6518)
Hi ,

Hi sophistic , I am also been offered the position with similar amount. have u accepted the offer? I dunno whether this is consider low or average. I wonder is there any room to negotiate at all... Can i ask which hospital is it?

Im fresh grad pharmacy degree holder from malaysia as well, may i know how ur join the medical team n mind send me u r msn so we can chat there?

Unregistered 28-07-2010 10:38 AM

hi

can anyone told me how to apply for pharmacists job in Singapore?
currently I am working as a retail pharmacist in Malaysia.

Unregistered 28-07-2010 06:08 PM

just submit your resume and apply for the pre-registration pharmacist position if you are fresh grad or pharmacist position if you have prior experience.

Unregistered 29-07-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 6680)
just submit your resume and apply for the pre-registration pharmacist position if you are fresh grad or pharmacist position if you have prior experience.

any website to hunt for the jobs? i think pharmacist with experience also need to undergo training again in Singapore right? btw, I am Malaysia registered pharmacist.
thanks for helping out =)

Unregistered 29-07-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 6698)
any website to hunt for the jobs? i think pharmacist with experience also need to undergo training again in Singapore right? btw, I am Malaysia registered pharmacist.
thanks for helping out =)

you can try jobstreet, jobsdb etc.

But i can tell you. Don't bother about the ads. Just send in your resume cos they are constantly employing pharmacists.

For the pre-registration training, I would say it's a case to case basis. Sometimes, they say don't need. Sometimes they say 6 months will do. Sometimes you need to do the full year. It all depends on which company and who the interviewer is.

But the test by Pharmacy Board is a definite must for all pharmacists.

For fresh graduates from overseas, definitely have to go through the 1 year pre-reg training.

Unregistered 30-07-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 6712)
you can try jobstreet, jobsdb etc.

But i can tell you. Don't bother about the ads. Just send in your resume cos they are constantly employing pharmacists.

For the pre-registration training, I would say it's a case to case basis. Sometimes, they say don't need. Sometimes they say 6 months will do. Sometimes you need to do the full year. It all depends on which company and who the interviewer is.

But the test by Pharmacy Board is a definite must for all pharmacists.

For fresh graduates from overseas, definitely have to go through the 1 year pre-reg training.

thank u so much for the into...but send in resume to where/who(if do not bother about the ads). I wanna work for hospitals, is the demand for hospital pharmacists high in SG?
many thanks

Unregistered 30-07-2010 10:57 AM

Just check out their websites, note their address and submit your resume, attention to the HR department.

Or simply call them up and ask who to attention to.

Some hospitals have the emails on their website.

Everywhere is short of pharmacists, just send.

Unregistered 19-08-2010 12:01 PM

sg

very true, no prospect and respect in singapore. doctor here r very "protected". playing with words is just another their forte and we pharmacy gets most of the blame. Im just a low life pharmacy technician in sg

Rick 12-09-2010 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 7013)
very true, no prospect and respect in singapore. doctor here r very "protected". playing with words is just another their forte and we pharmacy gets most of the blame. Im just a low life pharmacy technician in sg

My daughter is taking the O level this year. She likes Bio & Chem and am thinking sending her to USA to do pharmacy degree.

After reading all these postings, really need to think twice. Is it worth to study pharmacy?