Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   GovTech (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/8982-govtech.html)

Unregistered 16-10-2017 08:56 PM

Matched

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100963)
They won't be able to match your current pay, so forget it. AD is a glorified senior manager's job.

At 180k, you will be pegged to a MX9 grade by the PSD scale or a GovTech G13 grade. Either of those grades are usually for a director level.

Government AD Equals to most bank VP level ..... not too bad for job stability

Which ministry posting?

Unregistered 18-10-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101000)
Government AD Equals to most bank VP level .

I think you may have misread my post.

In any case, titles like senior manager, VP are used loosely in Singapore, both public and private sectors.

My experience (and it is just a generalization, since my experience in the government is limited to, 1 ministry, 2 statboards) is:
  • AD salary is equal pegged around MX10, which averages 120k ~ 130k PA.
  • Agencies, especially statboards have some flexibility in title and pay; that's why some agencies skip the AD title and replace with SM. Some have a Senior AD instead.
  • As a rule of thumb/generalization, my opinion is an DD's average is from 145k PA and up.

In other words, anyone looking for a job in the public service needs to study the compensation carefully instead of looking at the job title.

As for Bank VP, there are others more knowledgeable than me on this subject but 170 ~ 180k PA would not be far off... for a local bank.

Hope this helps.

Unregistered 14-11-2017 01:17 AM

Hi all, Imma fresh grad (second upper) applying to work Govtech.

Any comments on culture at Govtech?
Whats the average salary for a fresh grad?
(I do have about one year of internship experience if that makes a difference)

Unregistered 15-11-2017 05:39 PM

Senior manager , AD , DD , D

Does the job title standardized across agency/stat-board ? Getting confuse ...

One of my friend joining in as AD under grader 12 with salary 9K for a large ministry , another friend joining as Senior manager with grade 11 with Salary 11K under stat board .

Both have working experience about 15 years .

Why such big differences ?

Unregistered 15-11-2017 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101833)

One of my friend joining in as AD under grader 12 with salary 9K for a large ministry , another friend joining as Senior manager with grade 11 with Salary 11K under stat board .

I know someone joining as Deputy Director with salary of 8K ... small stat board .

Unregistered 16-11-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101833)

Stat boards were created by the government to take charge of running specific domain areas, with the flexibility akin the private organizations (unlike their parent Ministries). While they freely borrow job titles from the Ministries or each other, their pay structures can be drastically different.

Agencies are supposed to be self-sufficient in where possible through the fees that they collect (agencies that act as regulators for example). In cases that they are not, they get funded by the government.

And that is the clue. A statboard like say, National Heritage Board, do that regulate and collect any major fees? It is safe to say that the amount the collect for entrance fees to the museums would barely cover the operating costs.

Given this situation do you think a manager in NHB will get the similar salary range than say MAS or LTA?

Anakinsky 09-01-2018 10:27 PM

My friend told me govtech had revamp their job grade to alphabetical like A B C D ...

Anyone know how it mapped to old scheme ?

Unregistered 16-01-2018 12:52 PM

New

What is the difference in the 1st and 2nd interview?

Unregistered 21-01-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100963)
They won't be able to match your current pay, so forget it. AD is a glorified senior manager's job.

At 180k, you will be pegged to a MX9 grade by the PSD scale or a GovTech G13 grade. Either of those grades are usually for a director level.

AD should be G12

Unregistered 22-03-2018 06:42 PM

What is the entry grade for fresh grad? How much are they paying?