GovTech career grade - Page 19 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




GovTech career grade

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #181 (permalink)  
Old 19-01-2021, 03:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Implying FCH is a big deal. NTU like half the cohort fch?
Meaning NUS > NTU right?

Reply With Quote
  #182 (permalink)  
Old 19-01-2021, 05:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Meaning NUS > NTU right?
What does your > sign implies?

NUS better than NTU?

NUS more FCH than NTU? (since your previous statement trying to say half of NTU cohort FCH)

Normally for NUS students, they look out for number of intern experiences + the respective companies that they interned at. FCH is just a title in NUS, doesn't mean FCH are better than 2nd uppers. Some students graduate with CAP >=4.5 but chose to go for internship instead, then cannot get FCH because they did not fulfil the requirement of taking FYP.

Reply With Quote
  #183 (permalink)  
Old 20-01-2021, 05:30 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Meaning NUS > NTU right?
Yes obviously, since its harder to get in, theres more competition. Personally, I am from NTU but went for exchange in NUS. Their bell curve more steep.

Reply With Quote
  #184 (permalink)  
Old 20-01-2021, 05:32 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What does your > sign implies?

NUS better than NTU?

NUS more FCH than NTU? (since your previous statement trying to say half of NTU cohort FCH)

Normally for NUS students, they look out for number of intern experiences + the respective companies that they interned at. FCH is just a title in NUS, doesn't mean FCH are better than 2nd uppers. Some students graduate with CAP >=4.5 but chose to go for internship instead, then cannot get FCH because they did not fulfil the requirement of taking FYP.
No ones give a **** abt CAP/GPA. just the X.XX/5 is more impt. Either way, its harder to get higher CAP/GPA in NUS compared to NTU
Reply With Quote
  #185 (permalink)  
Old 20-01-2021, 08:24 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No ones give a **** abt CAP/GPA. just the X.XX/5 is more impt. Either way, its harder to get higher CAP/GPA in NUS compared to NTU
First sentence and 2nd contradicting each other?

Not true to get higher CAP/GPA in NUS due to their S/U system where they can view grades before opting for S/U.

Anyway, I mentioned above, in NUS Computing, CAP is not important. You can have CAP > 4.5 and still 2nd upper.
Reply With Quote
  #186 (permalink)  
Old 20-01-2021, 04:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
First sentence and 2nd contradicting each other?

Not true to get higher CAP/GPA in NUS due to their S/U system where they can view grades before opting for S/U.

Anyway, I mentioned above, in NUS Computing, CAP is not important. You can have CAP > 4.5 and still 2nd upper.
Bro. 4.9 second upper is better than 4.6 fch. Thats my point. SU thing doesnt matter much. B+ in NUS alr A+ in NTU. The gap is in difficulty is huge.
Reply With Quote

  #187 (permalink)  
Old 26-01-2021, 08:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I got offer direct contract 2 years rank F.
What the gap between each rank?
If promote to rank G then got increment must hit min amount?
Example F - 5k to 6k
G 6.1k - 8k

Then if I draw 5.4k
I must slowly crawl till 6.1k only title and rank called promotion?
Reply With Quote
  #188 (permalink)  
Old 26-01-2021, 08:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Meaning NUS > NTU right?
No.

When both equally-abled resumes appear on my desk, I’d always pick the one with the higher GPA/classification.

Ergo, doesn’t matter which local uni you’re from.
Reply With Quote
  #189 (permalink)  
Old 26-01-2021, 11:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I got offer direct contract 2 years rank F.
What the gap between each rank?
If promote to rank G then got increment must hit min amount?
Example F - 5k to 6k
G 6.1k - 8k

Then if I draw 5.4k
I must slowly crawl till 6.1k only title and rank called promotion?
Dont worry you wont get promoted in this 2 years one.
Reply With Quote
  #190 (permalink)  
Old 28-01-2021, 02:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

any mid career peeps joined govtech during this period.
Do govtech pay match your previous salary or they didnt ask for your current pay?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
govtech

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Only Grade A Office For Sale In Phnom Penh CBD newsgprop Market Talk 0 11-11-2015 04:33 PM
What is the pay for an MSO Grade 5 in Civil Service? temp111 Income and Jobs 9 02-05-2015 09:16 PM
Grade A Offices in D01 chrystlee General Discussions 0 08-01-2015 11:11 PM
What a grade C minus teacher get? No sense Income and Jobs 1 12-07-2014 12:03 AM
Job Grade Ordinary Income and Jobs 0 07-05-2010 11:57 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,470 Replies, 6,426,620 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,607 Replies, 1,455,427 Views
Can share your your car... ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 2,317 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
218 Replies, 135,273 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,614 Replies, 365,393 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,857 Replies, 1,510,988 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,295 Replies, 3,522,911 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,129 Replies, 1,979,778 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,621 Replies, 2,181,336 Views
Retiring in Taiwan ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 2,516 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
509 Replies, 307,908 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
819 Replies, 416,508 Views
How to start a small business ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 4,147 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
209 Replies, 51,142 Views
NUS working environment and pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
102 Replies, 86,146 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
618 Replies, 174,811 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
280 Replies, 60,428 Views
Looking for job referral,...
7 Replies, 795 Views
GIC career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
280 Replies, 386,909 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
193 Replies, 56,761 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
106 Replies, 97,103 Views
26 no degree is all hope lost?... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
53 Replies, 2,863 Views
Really that bad for property agent...
2 Replies, 3,753 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,193 Replies, 912,396 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,790 Replies, 1,108,608 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
893 Replies, 623,811 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 5,869 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
166 Replies, 153,989 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 8,691 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2