GovTech career grade - Page 10 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




GovTech career grade

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2020, 06:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
May I know how to calculate ceiling?

I never knew there was a formula behind ceiling..

Reply With Quote
  #92 (permalink)  
Old 17-03-2020, 02:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Govtech Technology Associate Program

Does anyone know what is the pay for Govtech TAP?

Reply With Quote
  #93 (permalink)  
Old 18-03-2020, 01:31 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Does anyone know what is the pay for Govtech TAP?
5k+ only, pretty pathetic, stick to tech company if you are of CS.

Reply With Quote
  #94 (permalink)  
Old 17-04-2020, 03:09 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone inside GovTech able to share normally what is the increment % per year and increment % for promotion?
Reply With Quote
  #95 (permalink)  
Old 20-04-2020, 11:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone inside GovTech able to share normally what is the increment % per year and increment % for promotion?
per year 3-5%, promotion 7-9%, in line with civil service
Reply With Quote
  #96 (permalink)  
Old 20-04-2020, 01:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
per year 3-5%, promotion 7-9%, in line with civil service
that is seriously low. you sure about the promotion numbers?
Reply With Quote

  #97 (permalink)  
Old 20-04-2020, 02:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
that is seriously low. you sure about the promotion numbers?
Average increment Singapore 2019 is 3% its in line. People assumed govtech is high paid.
Well maybe those atas manager yeah but the people doing the ground essential programming work are not high paid at all.

People uses to say lawyer 5k..but they work long hours and comparable to McDonald's rate.
Govtech is like that. Multiple projects.

Those claim high pay are those management. Then again which management level is not high paid in private sector.

If you're a technology nerd and want to have a rice bowl and work for the government this is the place for you. Not because the pay is fantastic. But because you're working in a field technology for the people of Singapore. And not for some company poor Facebook or Google. That's the difference.

If you're from Facebook or Google now and thinking of coming to Govtech to retire at 30 yo. Think ago. It's better for you to stay at those tech company
Reply With Quote
  #98 (permalink)  
Old 20-04-2020, 09:23 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1
jtcintat is on a distinguished road
Default

What's the pay of DD in NTU
Reply With Quote
  #99 (permalink)  
Old 22-04-2020, 08:50 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Those who recently join govtech from ncs thru your ex colleagues from ncs.
Is govtech better than ncs?

What is the pros and cons between govtech and ncs?
I
Reply With Quote
  #100 (permalink)  
Old 24-04-2020, 02:59 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Average increment Singapore 2019 is 3% its in line. People assumed govtech is high paid.
Well maybe those atas manager yeah but the people doing the ground essential programming work are not high paid at all.

People uses to say lawyer 5k..but they work long hours and comparable to McDonald's rate.
Govtech is like that. Multiple projects.

Those claim high pay are those management. Then again which management level is not high paid in private sector.

If you're a technology nerd and want to have a rice bowl and work for the government this is the place for you. Not because the pay is fantastic. But because you're working in a field technology for the people of Singapore. And not for some company poor Facebook or Google. That's the difference.

If you're from Facebook or Google now and thinking of coming to Govtech to retire at 30 yo. Think ago. It's better for you to stay at those tech company
Not sure if comparing the salaries of Facebook or Google is realistic. It's quite unlikely that GovTech is able to compete with those giants.

When you say 'people on the ground doing essential programming work are not paid well at all', may I know what this statement is based on? Like what are the numbers in terms of say years of experience/job grade (assuming if you have info on it) and salary which is deemed as not high paid?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
govtech

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Only Grade A Office For Sale In Phnom Penh CBD newsgprop Market Talk 0 11-11-2015 04:33 PM
What is the pay for an MSO Grade 5 in Civil Service? temp111 Income and Jobs 9 02-05-2015 09:16 PM
Grade A Offices in D01 chrystlee General Discussions 0 08-01-2015 11:11 PM
What a grade C minus teacher get? No sense Income and Jobs 1 12-07-2014 12:03 AM
Job Grade Ordinary Income and Jobs 0 07-05-2010 11:57 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,589 Replies, 5,435,201 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,629 Replies, 2,368,580 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
229 Replies, 43,891 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 10,769 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,154 Replies, 877,435 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,810 Replies, 1,055,460 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,232 Replies, 231,294 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 3,602 Views
Please Share DBS Average Months...
7 Replies, 852 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,708 Replies, 778,824 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,562 Replies, 1,547,176 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
802 Replies, 532,560 Views
Salary working for SEA FP&A... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,195 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
77 Replies, 13,064 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
323 Replies, 239,417 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
913 Replies, 737,291 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
348 Replies, 273,833 Views
Anyone worked in singhealth/nhg? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
49 Replies, 68,866 Views
New Job Offer that only match... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 2,031 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,206 Replies, 1,855,790 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
65 Replies, 60,948 Views
MCI and IMDA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 8,205 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
167 Replies, 168,938 Views
Salary negotiation for fresh grads ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 4,079 Views
Invest in D9 new condo
1 Replies, 1,006 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,971 Replies, 915,266 Views
List of Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
179 Replies, 126,210 Views
Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
46 Replies, 20,929 Views
Fresh Grad from local U cant find... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
54 Replies, 9,837 Views
Do most MNCs pay better than the... ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 2,363 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2