Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   GovTech career grade (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/8982-govtech-career-grade.html)

Unregistered 11-03-2020 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124034)
May I know how to calculate ceiling?


I never knew there was a formula behind ceiling..

Unregistered 17-03-2020 02:31 PM

Govtech Technology Associate Program
 
Does anyone know what is the pay for Govtech TAP?

Unregistered 18-03-2020 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130282)
Does anyone know what is the pay for Govtech TAP?

5k+ only, pretty pathetic, stick to tech company if you are of CS.

Unregistered 17-04-2020 03:09 AM

Anyone inside GovTech able to share normally what is the increment % per year and increment % for promotion?

Unregistered 20-04-2020 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132358)
Anyone inside GovTech able to share normally what is the increment % per year and increment % for promotion?

per year 3-5%, promotion 7-9%, in line with civil service

Unregistered 20-04-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132475)
per year 3-5%, promotion 7-9%, in line with civil service

that is seriously low. you sure about the promotion numbers?

Unregistered 20-04-2020 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132483)
that is seriously low. you sure about the promotion numbers?

Average increment Singapore 2019 is 3% its in line. People assumed govtech is high paid.
Well maybe those atas manager yeah but the people doing the ground essential programming work are not high paid at all.

People uses to say lawyer 5k..but they work long hours and comparable to McDonald's rate.
Govtech is like that. Multiple projects.

Those claim high pay are those management. Then again which management level is not high paid in private sector.

If you're a technology nerd and want to have a rice bowl and work for the government this is the place for you. Not because the pay is fantastic. But because you're working in a field technology for the people of Singapore. And not for some company poor Facebook or Google. That's the difference.

If you're from Facebook or Google now and thinking of coming to Govtech to retire at 30 yo. Think ago. It's better for you to stay at those tech company

jtcintat 20-04-2020 09:23 PM

What's the pay of DD in NTU

Unregistered 22-04-2020 08:50 AM

Those who recently join govtech from ncs thru your ex colleagues from ncs.
Is govtech better than ncs?

What is the pros and cons between govtech and ncs?
I

Unregistered 24-04-2020 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132487)
Average increment Singapore 2019 is 3% its in line. People assumed govtech is high paid.
Well maybe those atas manager yeah but the people doing the ground essential programming work are not high paid at all.

People uses to say lawyer 5k..but they work long hours and comparable to McDonald's rate.
Govtech is like that. Multiple projects.

Those claim high pay are those management. Then again which management level is not high paid in private sector.

If you're a technology nerd and want to have a rice bowl and work for the government this is the place for you. Not because the pay is fantastic. But because you're working in a field technology for the people of Singapore. And not for some company poor Facebook or Google. That's the difference.

If you're from Facebook or Google now and thinking of coming to Govtech to retire at 30 yo. Think ago. It's better for you to stay at those tech company

Not sure if comparing the salaries of Facebook or Google is realistic. It's quite unlikely that GovTech is able to compete with those giants.

When you say 'people on the ground doing essential programming work are not paid well at all', may I know what this statement is based on? Like what are the numbers in terms of say years of experience/job grade (assuming if you have info on it) and salary which is deemed as not high paid?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2