Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/896-degree-logistics-supply-chain-management.html)

cupnoodles 08-05-2010 06:31 PM

Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management

what can i work as after i graduated from this course?

possible to have high earning power? such as 10k/mth?

cupnoodles 09-05-2010 02:26 PM

sigh.. anyone?

Unregistered 09-05-2010 08:29 PM

Supply Chain & Logistics Salaries

The Circle of Logisticians have done an annual salary survey available here
Circle of Logisticians

The following paragraphs are excerpts from the above link.

In Singapore, salary figures compiled by the Singapore Ministry of Manpower suggested that supply chain professionals rank within the top 10 percentile of all earners in Singapore. A procurement (supply chain) manager earned a median gross annual salary of SGD 69,600 while a logistics manager earned SGD 67,476 in 2008. These positions saw a jump of 4.5% from SGD 66,576 and 9% from SGD 61,896 respectively in 2007.

The median salary for 2009 among the respondents is SGD 68,555, a significant 20% rise from SGD 57,500 in 2008.

From the charts, depending on industry, typically takes ~7 years to get to the 100k mark.
But this industry is hard work and usually requires long hours.

cupnoodles 09-05-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5887)
The Circle of Logisticians have done an annual salary survey available here
Circle of Logisticians

The following paragraphs are excerpts from the above link.

In Singapore, salary figures compiled by the Singapore Ministry of Manpower suggested that supply chain professionals rank within the top 10 percentile of all earners in Singapore. A procurement (supply chain) manager earned a median gross annual salary of SGD 69,600 while a logistics manager earned SGD 67,476 in 2008. These positions saw a jump of 4.5% from SGD 66,576 and 9% from SGD 61,896 respectively in 2007.

The median salary for 2009 among the respondents is SGD 68,555, a significant 20% rise from SGD 57,500 in 2008.

From the charts, depending on industry, typically takes ~7 years to get to the 100k mark.
But this industry is hard work and usually requires long hours.

Thanks alot!

im not afraid of long hours or hard work, just that i hope i can reach that mark of getting paid 10k/mth and hopefully the hours that i put in are worth it.

is it possible to get into planning/strategizing for logistics line?

Unregistered 20-04-2012 10:12 AM

this post has been 4 years since, any review from the TS?

I have been in this line for 20yrs, sad to say the only thing I saw going up drastically are.....

Petrol Prices and Inflation and recently COE. Its unfortunate that SCM departments are usually deemed as Cost Centre and not Profit Centres, that's where the difference in income earning power between Sales and Procurement / Logistics.

Unregistered 20-04-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24036)

I have been in this line for 20yrs, sad to say the only thing I saw going up drastically are.....

Petrol Prices and Inflation and recently COE. Its unfortunate that SCM departments are usually deemed as Cost Centre and not Profit Centres, that's where the difference in income earning power between Sales and Procurement / Logistics.

Get into SCM for banking/finance. Elsewhere, salary is low. I can't disclose my company but i'm the most junior in my team with < 8 yrs exp and I'm hitting 100k/yr (inclusive of bonuses). Just do your things fast and you should be able to go home before 6pm. with my Seniors carrying around branded bags and bosses deck in gold/diamond (maybe fake?), I would expect their pay is reasonably high. Yeah, we're girls but then, occasionally guys do make it to our team ;)

cupnoodles 20-04-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24036)

Hi there.. i'm graduating soon this year in this degree but still not sure where i should be heading to..

Perhaps logistics in oil and gas?

Hope more people in logistics experience in oil and gas industry can come in and share with us how is this industry!

cupnoodles 20-04-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24042)
Get into SCM for banking/finance. Elsewhere, salary is low. I can't disclose my company but i'm the most junior in my team with < 8 yrs exp and I'm hitting 100k/yr (inclusive of bonuses). Just do your things fast and you should be able to go home before 6pm. with my Seniors carrying around branded bags and bosses deck in gold/diamond (maybe fake?), I would expect their pay is reasonably high. Yeah, we're girls but then, occasionally guys do make it to our team ;)

Wow, i didn't know there's SCM in banking/finance!

Any travelling involved?

I'm looking for a job that can allow me to travel frequently and of coz earn more money!

Grimace 26-04-2012 11:58 PM

10K is possible if you work long enough and in an MNC.

Me in this industry around 3 years getting ard 4k plus allowances.

Unregistered 27-04-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimace (Post 24292)
10K is possible if you work long enough and in an MNC.

Me in this industry around 3 years getting ard 4k plus allowances.

Why are you so sure 10k is possible? Many don't even smell 8k.