Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Salary at startups like Grab, Honestbee, Ninjavan, Lazada? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/8884-salary-startups-like-grab-honestbee-ninjavan-lazada.html)

adclicko 11-04-2017 01:22 PM

Salary at startups like Grab, Honestbee, Ninjavan, Lazada?

Hi!

Anyone know roughly the kind of salary people at startups like Grab, Honestbee, Ninjavan, Lazada makes (the office-based ones, not the drivers)? Are they really so underpaid, or they actually pay well to attract people? Do they give AWS and/or bonus?

(I know they're startups, but just curious if do. Of course, not expecting fat pay!)

Thanks!

Unregistered 11-04-2017 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adclicko (Post 96571)
Hi!

Anyone know roughly the kind of salary people at startups like Grab, Honestbee, Ninjavan, Lazada makes (the office-based ones, not the drivers)? Are they really so underpaid, or they actually pay well to attract people? Do they give AWS and/or bonus?

(I know they're startups, but just curious if do. Of course, not expecting fat pay!)

Thanks!

I know Grab pays higher than even a lot of MNCs. My sis just jump over there and got 40% increase & she is not low paid in her previous US co.

Unregistered 12-04-2017 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 96581)
I know Grab pays higher than even a lot of MNCs. My sis just jump over there and got 40% increase & she is not low paid in her previous US co.

how about the AWS and benefits?

Unregistered 12-04-2017 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 96590)
how about the AWS and benefits?

Not sure, but she told me is much better than MNC. I think she is drawing close to 300k inc. bonus & aws doing marketing there.

Unregistered 12-04-2017 10:10 AM

A brief review but for fresh grads: ://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/8617-top-paying-companies-sg-compsci.html#post94905

Unregistered 12-04-2017 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unregistered (Post 96591)
not sure, but she told me is much better than mnc. I think she is drawing close to 300k inc. Bonus & aws doing marketing there.

hahaha look at this jiaowei

Unregistered 12-04-2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 96599)
hahaha look at this jiaowei

There are many companies willing to pay top dollar for good people, its just typical sg always obsess over banking & mnc.

Unregistered 12-04-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 96591)
Not sure, but she told me is much better than MNC. I think she is drawing close to 300k inc. bonus & aws doing marketing there.

Good joke. I think you typed an extra 0.

Unregistered 12-04-2017 05:01 PM

Grab pay is confirm not lower than any MNC. Think logically, most of their techie and even some back office hires are from MNCs, chances are Grab will need to pay even more than MNCs to attract them to join a startup in the first place.

However, I doubt the likes of Ninjavan or Honestbee can pay much. They have much lesser money compared to Grab that is backed by many large investors.

Unregistered 12-04-2017 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 96611)
Grab pay is confirm not lower than any MNC. Think logically, most of their techie and even some back office hires are from MNCs, chances are Grab will need to pay even more than MNCs to attract them to join a startup in the first place.

However, I doubt the likes of Ninjavan or Honestbee can pay much. They have much lesser money compared to Grab that is backed by many large investors.

True, Grab (US 1.4B) and Lazada (1.7B) are like in diff league compared to Ninjavan (32M) and Honestbee (15M) in terms of their funding. Judging from that their salary should be diff league also. The latter seem to sell the employee "dream" than a decent pay.