Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Singapore Power iGrad interview (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/8874-singapore-power-igrad-interview.html)

i_stinks 09-04-2017 10:59 PM

Singapore Power iGrad interview

Anyone going or went for Singapore Power iGrad interviews?

People in the programme already, how are the interview likes and what's the pay?

i_stinks 09-04-2017 10:59 PM

Also like to ask about how is the programme like

Unregistered 11-04-2017 11:45 PM

Hi,

Answering my own question here, didn't login as I forget my password

Just went for the interview today.

Although iGrad is for IT graduates, it is exactly like the EDGE programme interviews for engineers in Singapore Power. You are interviewed in groups with other engineering graduates (for the EDGE programme) in a case study and presentation. The case study is an engineering case study.

Considering this is the first time they have a graduate programme for IT graduates, I guess they turn out to be not prepared in realising that IT grads have different knowledge and skillsets and thus need to be assessed differently.

But if you are an IT grad with an interest with energy or engineering stuffs, you will be at a massive advantage over other iGrads candidates

Unregistered 14-04-2017 02:32 AM

Looks like the pay is about 4K as seen from their TechInAsia job posting.

Unregistered 14-04-2017 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 96655)
Looks like the pay is about 4K as seen from their TechInAsia job posting.

I'm not sure if it is really 4K but they really got to change the way they evaluate IT graduates. Not lumping them together with the engineering graduates on an engineering case study. (Just imagining the engineering graduates can just participate in the group discussion with prior knowledge and you got to google on your laptop to understand and the wireless connection isn't good)

Quite a shame considering they hired a few good developers last year

Unregistered 14-04-2017 07:07 PM

If the pay is 4K, considering it is a grad program, I would say that the pay is really low compared to all other graduate programs that I know

Unregistered 14-04-2017 08:07 PM

Luther Selkrik

Ya, very badly planned for iGrads and the internet cmi. The saving grace is the free dinner hahaha. First time had such a thing after interview

Unregistered 14-04-2017 08:22 PM

Recent reject here :(

I went for the interview as well, the execution was such a mess. Once the 45mins started, everyone in my group immediately jumped into discussion just for the sake of speaking. Only the EDGE people who already did a case study related to the group discussion topic seems to have a clear idea of what's going on. The rest are just like trying to get by. I strongly disagree with this way of recruitment given that this is an IT program and with what they are doing, those who are best at ********ting will most likely make it.

Overall I would say the whole group discussion day was done professionally except for the group discussion and presentation itself haha. At least they give free dinner, free gift and they make phone call to give outcome.

Unregistered 14-04-2017 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 96674)
Recent reject here :(

I went for the interview as well, the execution was such a mess. Once the 45mins started, everyone in my group immediately jumped into discussion just for the sake of speaking. Only the EDGE people who already did a case study related to the group discussion topic seems to have a clear idea of what's going on. The rest are just like trying to get by. I strongly disagree with this way of recruitment given that this is an IT program and with what they are doing, those who are best at ********ting will most likely make it.

Overall I would say the whole group discussion day was done professionally except for the group discussion and presentation itself haha. At least they give free dinner, free gift and they make phone call to give outcome.

Almost everyone in my group is from engineering background including the iGrads candidates...(Maybe they seek engineers applying for IT jobs?). Not much for IT contribution actually, best you can is throw in buzz words like machine learning, encryption.etc which an engineer can throw in too before you

Unregistered 14-04-2017 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 96672)
If the pay is 4K, considering it is a grad program, I would say that the pay is really low compared to all other graduate programs that I know

Just curious, what would be considered a good pay for you?