Compare civil service salary - Page 535 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Compare civil service salary

Old 02-07-2015, 01:56 PM
izanotajamobu

Default Acute hepatorenal lucid elevation routine.

[url=://flagyl-online-buy.net/]Buy Flagyl Online[/ <a href="://priligy-cheapest-price-buy.org/">Dapoxetine</a> ://lasix-buy-online.net/

Old 03-07-2015, 03:16 PM

tehhalia is on a distinguished road

would like to ask about public servant bonuses, if anyone can help:

from my understanding, there are 5 types of bonuses - Annual Variable Component (AVC) Non-Pensionable Annual Component (13th Month), Special Variable Payment (SVP), Performance Bonus (PB) and Market Adjustment Component (MAC)

1) AVC - what is the average AVC public servants get? (after adding up mid-year and End-Of-Year AVC)

2) 13th Month - So far every year got this bonus? is this bonus considered a "sure-get" bonus?

3) SVP - I heard that this bonus is given out depending on how well the Singapore Economy is doing (and adjusted to your performance). Is this SVP given out every year? If not, how often were SVPs given out? biannually?

4) PB - What are the performance grades and what are the average bonuses pegged to each respective grade? Say, for a division I public servant.

5) MAC - Same question as AVP, how often were MAC given out? and how much on average for MAC if it is given out?

i am trying to estimate my annual package, would appreciate if an experienced public servant could help

TIA

Old 12-07-2015, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

MX11 at 33++ here, and I am projecting slightly more than 120K for my annual income this year. Should be quite accurate now that more than half the year is gone. Just an ordinary peasant with an average engineering degree from NUS. Am doing considerably better than my peers who become engineers, and probably on par with those who are teaching. But compared to teachers, I think there is more room for salary increment at my side. Should have the potential to tip 11K by mid to late 40s at my current rate.
Realistically, I am nowhere near doctors, lawyers and bankers but the money i am drawing is sufficient to lead a comfortable life - staying in a well-renovated HDB flat, driving a sedan and raising a small family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehhalia View Post
would like to ask about public servant bonuses, if anyone can help:

from my understanding, there are 5 types of bonuses - Annual Variable Component (AVC) Non-Pensionable Annual Component (13th Month), Special Variable Payment (SVP), Performance Bonus (PB) and Market Adjustment Component (MAC)

1) AVC - what is the average AVC public servants get? (after adding up mid-year and End-Of-Year AVC)

2) 13th Month - So far every year got this bonus? is this bonus considered a "sure-get" bonus?

3) SVP - I heard that this bonus is given out depending on how well the Singapore Economy is doing (and adjusted to your performance). Is this SVP given out every year? If not, how often were SVPs given out? biannually?

4) PB - What are the performance grades and what are the average bonuses pegged to each respective grade? Say, for a division I public servant.

5) MAC - Same question as AVP, how often were MAC given out? and how much on average for MAC if it is given out?

i am trying to estimate my annual package, would appreciate if an experienced public servant could help

TIA

Old 12-07-2015, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
MX11 at 33++ here, and I am projecting slightly more than 120K for my annual income this year. Should be quite accurate now that more than half the year is gone. Just an ordinary peasant with an average engineering degree from NUS. Am doing considerably better than my peers who become engineers, and probably on par with those who are teaching. But compared to teachers, I think there is more room for salary increment at my side. Should have the potential to tip 11K by mid to late 40s at my current rate.
Realistically, I am nowhere near doctors, lawyers and bankers but the money i am drawing is sufficient to lead a comfortable life - staying in a well-renovated HDB flat, driving a sedan and raising a small family.
Are you in mx11 or mx11a?

Based on my understanding, 120k is only attainable if you are pretty near the ceiling of mx11.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
wat is your basic salary now?
Old 12-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Where part of the quote are u addressing?

Old 13-07-2015, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

Let's not dwell on the trivialities, or go through endless cycles of clarifications. Tis just for me to share my experiences with those who are interested in a civil service career. Am not trying to prove anything here.

Quote:
Where part of the quote are u addressing?
Old 13-07-2015, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
What does average engineering degree means? Just pass with merit?
Must you reach MX10 to get 11k salary?
Old 13-07-2015, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I think you are doing very well, earning 120k at age 33 in the civil service, as a non-scholar. Assuming 5 months of bonus, your monthly pay should be around 7k. Just curious, at this rate of progression, why do you not think that you will hit 11k sooner, perhaps by 40? I reckon you can probably get MX10 in a couple of years. And MX9 a few years later?
Old 14-07-2015, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I think you are doing very well, earning 120k at age 33 in the civil service, as a non-scholar. Assuming 5 months of bonus, your monthly pay should be around 7k. Just curious, at this rate of progression, why do you not think that you will hit 11k sooner, perhaps by 40? I reckon you can probably get MX10 in a couple of years. And MX9 a few years later?
you believe everything people write here??? 120k pa at age 33++. yeah right. note the ++. 120k is doable for degree holder, no need to stretch. bonus is about 4 months for average grader. but the age is not 33++. more likely closer to 43.