Compare civil service salary - Page 264 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Compare civil service salary

Old 19-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

What is the salary range for MX13, MX12, MX11?

Old 19-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I got promoted from MX12 to 11 in 2012 (from stat board, but we use the same MX scale). The promotion increment was $250 and my VMI was $351.
wat does the V in the VMI stand for?? wat merit increment?? variable?

wat is your last drawn pay at MX12 when you get promoted to MX11??

I wan to calculate the % promotion increment and % merit increment.

Thank u

Old 19-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hi pal, i think you are stuck in an unenviable situation which is not uncommon in the civil service, speaking from my experience. seldom will low performing personnel, regardless of level, would be asked to leave; usually that happens due to gross misconduct.

if i were in your situation, i would probably think how to handle the boss better since now i know his/her pattern, e.g. respond/ get answers before it is required from your boss. if you have not tried, it may help to talk directly to your boss about what is bothering you, in terms of being micro-managed and be allowed to improve your productivity. let him/her know how you can perform better if you are being more empowered. however, be tactful during the conversation and dont make your boss feel that you are being insubordinate.

i'm sure your boss also reports to his/her boss. thus, if you have chance to feedback to someone of a higher seniority than your boss, i would recommend to feedback your concerns in a polite manner. this should be considered if there are no improvements following your talk with your boss.

you can also request for internal postings, but i would think that as a last resort.
take it easy, think carefully before making any rash decisions
The most infuriating was that s/he doesnt talk about quality of work or work deliverables during work appraisal, but talk about personal attributes which s/he never said before and wanted to include in the report. And these negative feedback about me not informing him to get concurrence or not sensitive to people were groundless because I did send him email updates and check with others. Unfortunately, due to my boss's work rate, s/he was embarrassed sometimes because s/he doesnt read emails promptly and after I've updated everyone, including the big boss, s/he would send another email to update everyone, which sometimes contain incomplete/wrong information.

I feedback to higher management, who said that my boss was on one month leave and so they directed me to do work. In fact, the nature of my work, my boss's boss direct me more work as my work involve inter-divisions. In fact, for some of my suggestions, if I were to clear with my boss, s/he would not be able to contribute much due to lack of experience and expertise in my area. In addition, as my work involve inter-divisions, the big boss often ask me to collate stuff/views urgently, and I notice that the big boss does not even cc my direct boss. I wonder whether my big boss thinks my boss's views are not important.

I was thinking is it because my boss is unable to take credit for my work, that is why my boss is now admonishing me.

Old 19-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Thank u
Last drawn was $44XX. V stands for variable.
Old 20-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

Thank u
dun bother calculating the %

it's a FIXED quantum on a scale

it's never based on % unless u r talking abt market adjustment like the one done last yr for all civil servants

so if u r on the higher end of ur salary range ur % increment will actually be lower than ur colleague on the lower end of the scale wif the same performance grade
Old 20-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Taking minutes entails not only noting the main discussion points that have taken place, but also understanding its essence, significance and even intricacies. Do you know what kind of meetings necessitates minutes taking and the people who sit in it? And do you know who may read the minutes of the meeting? If you really think it is a no brainer, you can't be further away from the truth. It requires a very sharp mind to discern the facts from the unimportant stuff. And good command of English is only one of the many prerequisites of good minutes writing.
very true. i have worked in GLCs and MNCs before. many GLCs work like quasi stat boards since most of the mgmt were from the AO service before they were privatized and hence think in that way. in GLCs uni grads do the minuting but in MNCs the secretary / coordinators etc do the minuting. the audience whom the minutes get circulated too plays a part too.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app

Old 20-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
dun bother calculating the %

it's a FIXED quantum on a scale

it's never based on % unless u r talking abt market adjustment like the one done last yr for all civil servants

so if u r on the higher end of ur salary range ur % increment will actually be lower than ur colleague on the lower end of the scale wif the same performance grade
SO DOES IT MEAN THAT:

Let say 2 guy at MX12 both are "C" grader, both are to be promoted to MX11 and also have their VMI.

Mr A, MX12, $6000 basic, 12 years exp
Mr B, MX12, $4400 basic, 5 years exp

Can I say that, since both are "C" grader, both of them will receive the same promotion increment of $250 & same VMI of $351, since you mention the increment is of "Fix quantum" not base on %.

Thus Mr A will get 6000+250+351 = $6601 at MX11,
and Mr B will get 4400+250+351 = $5001 at MX11

Am I correct??
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++
And just to add on,

Can I say that for all

MX13
the promotion and MI fix quantum for (A grade>B grade>C grade)

MX12

MX11
the promotion and MI fix quantum for (A grade>B grade>C grade) and so on...

Also the (A grade quantum for MX11) > (A grade quantum for MX12) > (A grade quantum for MX13)....and so on..

yes/wrong, please advice!!!
Old 21-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
SO DOES IT MEAN THAT:

Let say 2 guy at MX12 both are "C" grader, both are to be promoted to MX11 and also have their VMI.

Mr A, MX12, $6000 basic, 12 years exp
Mr B, MX12, $4400 basic, 5 years exp

Can I say that, since both are "C" grader, both of them will receive the same promotion increment of $250 & same VMI of $351, since you mention the increment is of "Fix quantum" not base on %.

Thus Mr A will get 6000+250+351 = $6601 at MX11,
and Mr B will get 4400+250+351 = $5001 at MX11

Am I correct??
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++
And just to add on,

Can I say that for all

MX13

MX12

MX11
the promotion and MI fix quantum for (A grade>B grade>C grade) and so on...

Also the (A grade quantum for MX11) > (A grade quantum for MX12) > (A grade quantum for MX13)....and so on..

yes/wrong, please advice!!!

yes u r right

slight flaw in ur egs:
- 'C' grade doesnt qualify person for promo

also, i think there might be an exception:
- after applying the MI + promoI, person does not hit the salary floor for MX11 (~5k). My guess is his pay will be brought further up to 5k
Old 24-03-2013, 10:03 AM
2Weecererskels

Default controlling Nausea During Pregnancy

a big discount nike free shoes sale

Brooks Green Silence-A groundbreaking minimalist running shoe made of 75% post-consumer recycled materials. By utilizing recycled materials as polyester leisure suits, broken down sofas, discarded CDs and other earth-friendly components, Brooks was able to construct a shoe with half as many parts as traditional running shoes, requiring less energy and resources to make. This shoe is very comfortable, however wait until the new line comes out August 1(Current colors-left.

Despite having a brain tumor, Kyle Bell's passion for the dance never wavered and within a few weeks of her surgery, she was back on the floor dancing alongside her friends. For the Doernbecher Freestyle Collection, Bell was tasked to giving her own take on the popular Nike Free Run+ 2. While many will look at the upper of the shoe and its intricate lace patterns, one of the shoe's most important features are the laces, which highlight words of strength and determination, many of which describe Kylie nicely..

: , Toddler Youth Girls' Faux Suede Knee High Buckle Flat16. : , Timberland Whiteledge Waterproof Hiking Boot21. : , ACORN Polar Moc Slipper (Infant/Toddler/Little Kid/Big78. In the world of camping, items that do more than one task are a good thing and food is no exception. For example - Couscous is great as a savoury accompaniment to dinner, or it´s great for a breakfast alternative with honey and dried fruit. Pasta is another foodstuff that is very versatile.

They were buy nike free running in the natural world. This picture made people feel the power of freedom. Nike Free running shoes inspire this kind of desire. This often involves painting the Air Max to give it a unique color. Companies vie for the attention of billions of internet users in the search for better revenue. A lynch pin to the intern .

Hans thinks that we have an amount of the so-called energy. When the energy used up, we will collapse in the mental or physical. If we can improve our nervous systems of the body, we can get rid of the collapse. I have these exact pair (black and white) and I love them!!! I wear them pretty much everyday, I wear them for workouts at the gym and also my various sports at school. I have had them for almost a year, and I have no holes only thing is there are some strings popping out here and there but nothing major. Also I use the to hike on trails in my town and I have stepped on several rocks and sticks nothing has caused a hole at the bottom.a big discount nike free shoes sale

Brooks Green Silence-A groundbreaking minimalist running shoe made of 75% post-consumer recycled materials. By utilizing recycled materials as polyester leisure suits, broken down sofas, discarded CDs and other earth-friendly components, Brooks was able to construct a shoe with half as many parts as traditional running shoes, requiring less energy and resources to make. This shoe is very comfortable, however wait until the new line comes out August 1(Current colors-left.

Despite having a brain tumor, Kyle Bell's passion for the dance never wavered and within a few weeks of her surgery, she was back on the floor dancing alongside her friends. For the Doernbecher Freestyle Collection, Bell was tasked to giving her own take on the popular Nike Free Run+ 2. While many will look at the upper of the shoe and its intricate lace patterns, one of the shoe's most important features are the laces, which highlight words of strength and determination, many of which describe Kylie nicely..

: , Toddler Youth Girls' Faux Suede Knee High Buckle Flat16. : , Timberland Whiteledge Waterproof Hiking Boot21. : , ACORN Polar Moc Slipper (Infant/Toddler/Little Kid/Big78. In the world of camping, items that do more than one task are a good thing and food is no exception. For example - Couscous is great as a savoury accompaniment to dinner, or it´s great for a breakfast alternative with honey and dried fruit. Pasta is another foodstuff that is very versatile.

They were running in the natural world. This picture made people feel the power of freedom. Nike Free running shoes inspire this kind of desire. This often involves painting the Air Max to give it a unique color. Companies vie for the attention of billions of internet users in the search for better revenue. A lynch pin to the intern .

Hans thinks that we have an amount of the so-called energy. When the energy used up, we will collapse in the mental or physical. If we can improve our nervous systems of the body, we can get rid of the collapse. I have these exact pair (black and white) and I love them!!! I wear them pretty much everyday, I wear them for workouts at the gym and also my various sports at school. nike free australia I have had them for almost a year, and I have no holes only thing is there are some strings popping out here and there but nothing major. Also I use the to hike on trails in my town and I have stepped on several rocks and sticks nothing has caused a hole at the bottom.a big discount nike free shoes sale

Despite having a brain tumor, Kyle Bell's passion for the dance never wavered and within a few weeks of her surgery, she was back on the floor dancing alongside her friends. For the Doernbecher Freestyle Collection, nike free australia Bell was tasked to giving her own take on the popular Nike Free Run+ 2. While many will look at the upper of the shoe and its intricate lace patterns, one of the shoe's most important features are the laces, which highlight words of strength and determination, many of which describe Kylie nicely..

They were running in the natural world. This picture made people feel the power of freedom. Nike Free running shoes inspire this kind of desire. This often involves painting the Air Max to give it a unique color. Companies vie for the attention of billions of internet users in the search for better revenue. A lynch pin to the intern .

Hans thinks that we have an amount of the so-called energy. When the energy used up, we will collapse in the mental or physical. If we can improve our nervous systems of the body, we can get rid of the collapse. I have these exact pair (black and white) and I love them!!! I wear them pretty much everyday, I wear them for workouts at the gym and also my various sports at school. I have had them for almost a year, and I have no holes only thing is there are some strings popping out here and there but nothing major. Also I use the to hike on trails in my town and I have stepped on several rocks and sticks nothing has caused a hole at the bottom.a big discount nike free shoes sale

Despite having a brain tumor, Kyle Bell's passion for the dance never wavered and within a few weeks of her surgery, she was back on the floor dancing alongside her friends. For the Doernbecher Freestyle Collection, Bell was tasked to giving her own take on the popular Nike Free Run+ 2. While many will look at the upper of the shoe and its intricate lace patterns, one of the shoe's most important features are the laces, which highlight nike free online words of strength and determination, many of which describe Kylie nicely..

Hans thinks that we have an amount of the so-called energy. When the energy used up, we will collapse in the mental or physical. If we can improve our nervous systems of the body, we can get rid of the collapse. I have these exact pair (black and white) and I love them!!! I wear them pretty much everyday, I wear them for workouts at the gym and also my various sports at school. I have had them for almost a year, and I have no holes only thing is there are some strings popping out here and there but nothing major. Also I use the to hike on trails in my town and I have stepped on several rocks and sticks nothing has caused a hole at the bottom.
Old 25-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

i got promoted to MX11

still gonna throw letter soon hah