Compare civil service salary - Page 1116 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Compare civil service salary

Old 16-01-2021, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

Hi will like to have some advice if i should take up an offer in one of the ministry.

I applied for a civil service role 7 months ago, which they set an interview 3 months later. Till now i have yet to receive or sign the contract but they have notified me I am finally able to go down next week. I am currently working in a Big 4 advisory for 1.5 years and am up for promotion and a 30% pay increment in July (2nd year associate to 1st year senior). The ministry postion title is the same and 10% lesser than what i will receive if i stay on and it's on a 2 year contract (when i applied they stated permanent)

Work wise is totally different and I dont mind trying something new. I do not see myself staying on in Big 4 for the long term or this particular industry i'm in, but should i wait till july or another 6 months? Which tbh i not sure if i will be enjoying and able to get another offer easily again.

Career progression, stress level , work life balance not sure if its better. Of course if the hiring process didnt take so long, i would have taken the job, but now that im closer to the promotion and increment, the benefits to take the offer now decreases.

Old 16-01-2021, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

What’s the total months annual for HDB?
15.5mths?

Old 16-01-2021, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi will like to have some advice if i should take up an offer in one of the ministry.

I applied for a civil service role 7 months ago, which they set an interview 3 months later. Till now i have yet to receive or sign the contract but they have notified me I am finally able to go down next week. I am currently working in a Big 4 advisory for 1.5 years and am up for promotion and a 30% pay increment in July (2nd year associate to 1st year senior). The ministry postion title is the same and 10% lesser than what i will receive if i stay on and it's on a 2 year contract (when i applied they stated permanent)

Work wise is totally different and I dont mind trying something new. I do not see myself staying on in Big 4 for the long term or this particular industry i'm in, but should i wait till july or another 6 months? Which tbh i not sure if i will be enjoying and able to get another offer easily again.

Career progression, stress level , work life balance not sure if its better. Of course if the hiring process didnt take so long, i would have taken the job, but now that im closer to the promotion and increment, the benefits to take the offer now decreases.
The ministry postion title is the same and 10% lesser than what i will receive if i stay on and it's on a 2 year contract : Are you referring to just the monthly or annual package (including bonus)? How much have you been offered by the ministry? We can advise better if you can provide more information information.

Old 16-01-2021, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

From what I'm seeing, I recommend you to just change jobs. You said it yourself that you don't see yourself working in big 4 and this industry long term, so that itself is the biggest reason why you should move now. Always think long term. That 30% increase? After that what is your next goal? You will remain stuck at that job or industry because of reasons you want to come up with to justify staying. Maybe after July you will start saying 'oh there is bonus in a few months, maybe i should wait awhile more'. You will never move on if you're not committed to your decision to leave. Remember this - think long term, is that 10% lesser worth it in the long term?
Just my two cents
-G
Old 16-01-2021, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

After reading your post, the answer is very evident. You mentioned yourself that you do not see yourself staying on in the Big 4 or in this particular industry, so in the long term, you WILL leave. Why do you want to stay on just for the 30% increase and find yourself leaving soon? The worst thing is you will probably stay on, and then find excuses and reasons to delay leaving the company, such as 'oh bonus is coming in a few months, let's wait till then' . By then, your boss will give you a new job and you will find another reason to maybe stay again, even though deep down you wanna leave.

Main point is to always think LONG TERM. Where do you see yourself in the long term. This is only provided that your civil service role is a job that you are not having 2nd thoughts about and you see yourself enjoying more than big 4 (in terms of the work, not the pay).

just my 2cents, because I have experienced similar situation before.
-H
Old 16-01-2021, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

'finally able to go down next week...' for contract signing or for final interview?

if i am in your shoes, i think i will stay on in my current job.

Quote:

Old 16-01-2021, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Is Covid creating more job opportunities for Singaporeans to be employed?
According to current MOH statistics, we are still importing a large majority of Covid cases (including the more infectious strains) from India, in part due to the CECA agreement with India, which at the time of writing is the SECOND HIGHEST infected country in the world. This indirectly leads to more healthcare demand and create more healthcare jobs for locals!

CECA is thus creating more job opportunities for us, by increasing our local Covid numbers and ensuring doctors and nurses WILL NOT be out of jobs!

Further, increasing CECA flights to Singapore will also help stress test our world class healthcare system, by ensuring the Second Covid Wave will not happen from an imported foreign Covid case.

Therefore, importing more CECA EP and WP foreigners to our booming local economy is a good thing for Singapore because any Covid infection they can bring helps create more jobs for Singaporeans.

Does anyone else agree? Up for constructive discussion

Casesfor 15 Jan 2021: s://imgur.com/lWcBvqD
Old 18-01-2021, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

Default Pub Engineer salary

Does anyone knows pub’s Package?
Got an offer but not sure I should take it up
Class of 2017, 2nd uc, ns.

Thank you so much
Old 18-01-2021, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

MTI - Senior assistant director, what salary can i ask for? anyone knows? 4 years experience, local grad
Old 18-01-2021, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Does anyone knows pub’s Package?
Got an offer but not sure I should take it up
Class of 2017, 2nd uc, ns.

Thank you so much
no we dont know.