Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 16-06-2020 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138553)
hi all. just want to check - how is merit increment calculated?

is it based on a % of your latest gross salary or is it a fixed amount increment?

appreciate any info thks

2 to 5% like that la.. see how la

Unregistered 16-06-2020 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138555)
2 to 5% like that la.. see how la

hi, may i know how much is the rank increment in %? thanks in advance

Unregistered 16-06-2020 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138534)
Bottom line, you get the best salaries and the highest prestige in the whole CS, but you get the most elitist, most unreasonable and nasty people. You also get some of the worst work-life balance (if any).

They only hire about 20 a year and they’re usually of a certain calibre and look. Of course given the intensity of the environment, people have quit in a matter of weeks. It really takes a certain kind of person to join and remain.

16 hour days, 6 days a week are a norm. Prepare to work on weekends, late nights and miss family events. Prepare to be scolded for minor things you have never bothered with your entire life.

really so bad? maybe some division. my excolleague in mfa IT (under govtech).. he told me mfa is much better than our previous workplace (Healthcare IT, if you know which company) in terms of work life balance.

Unregistered 16-06-2020 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138569)
really so bad? maybe some division. my excolleague in mfa IT (under govtech).. he told me mfa is much better than our previous workplace (Healthcare IT, if you know which company) in terms of work life balance.

IT is staffed by external vendors mostly with only some GovTech people watching over them. Ask him what lives the MFA staff lead.

Unregistered 17-06-2020 07:01 AM

Quote:

is it based on a % of your latest gross salary or is it a fixed amount increment?

appreciate any info thks

Its based on your perf grading. E.g. B graders gets higher MI than C graders etc.

Unregistered 17-06-2020 07:10 AM

M.I. per performance grade is also not fixed and is a range. Depends on pecking order within performance grade also.

Unregistered 17-06-2020 09:43 AM

Depends on your scheme of service and whether you are on timescale or superscale... For timescale officers, it is dependent on your performance grade too... I know some scheme of service have fixed absolute amount (while some have fixed % of their pay) for all officers with the same performance grade. its very easy to tell actually... just calculate what's your MI increment % over your last drawn gross... if the % has 2 or more decimal points, it is not based on a fixed percentage.
Quote:

appreciate any info thks

Unregistered 17-06-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138574)
IT is staffed by external vendors mostly with only some GovTech people watching over them. Ask him what lives the MFA staff lead.

he is from GovTech.
i see, so you are referring to the MFA staff.

his working hours usually about 9am to 8pm. frequent weekends and occasion overseas assignment but still better than the healthcare IT because hospital operates at peak 24 by 7

Unregistered 17-06-2020 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138534)
Bottom line, you get the best salaries and the highest prestige in the whole CS, but you get the most elitist, most unreasonable and nasty people. You also get some of the worst work-life balance (if any).

They only hire about 20 a year and they’re usually of a certain calibre and look. Of course given the intensity of the environment, people have quit in a matter of weeks. It really takes a certain kind of person to join and remain.

16 hour days, 6 days a week are a norm. Prepare to work on weekends, late nights and miss family events. Prepare to be scolded for minor things you have never bothered with your entire life.

bro., thats confirm exaggerating man.
16hours = 8:30am to 12:30 mn
include morning travel time if dont drive and claim cab home

leave home 7:30am, reach home 1am everyday for 6 days a week?

Unregistered 17-06-2020 11:36 PM

hi all. in terms of promotion (e.g. mx12 to mx11), what kind of increment would you expect to receive? just merit increment? or is there a "promotion increment" too?

also, referring to the example below, would the increment from y5 to y6 > y6 to y7 (given that there is a rise in rank title in the former)

y5: mx12
y6: mx11
y7: mx 11

thks