Compare civil service salary - Page 992 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #9911 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2020, 12:27 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
it was for the same role. DSTA. we discussed our salaries quite openly because we're pretty close.
Under the same RO in the same department?

Reply With Quote
  #9912 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2020, 07:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
it was for the same role. DSTA. we discussed our salaries quite openly because we're pretty close.
it will only be true if it comes from HR.
otherwise can be due to many other reasons such as interview performance, salary negotiation and even the HR person who is helping with the package

Reply With Quote
  #9913 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2020, 07:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
it will only be true if it comes from HR.
otherwise can be due to many other reasons such as interview performance, salary negotiation and even the HR person who is helping with the package
For fresh grad, sometimes it depend if you are the first or second choice. For experienced applicant, it will depend on how well the HR relate your relevant experience with the role you are applying.

Reply With Quote
  #9914 (permalink)  
Old 13-06-2020, 06:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Looking to transition from private sector to civil service - getting quite tired of the corporate lifestyle.

Male in early 30s currently working in investment banking at one of the BB banks. Previous experience at a MNC. First class honours from a local uni, and also an MBA from a top US program before going into banking.

Keen to leverage my private sector experience and move into a finance (MAS?) or economic development (EDB, MTI?) related role in public sector. Have a couple of questions on that:

- Am expecting to take a pay cut for sure. But what level can I expect to enter realistically and what would the numbers look like?
- Would I be regarded as a second class citizen in public sector and progress slower than the scholars?

Thanks all!
Reply With Quote
  #9915 (permalink)  
Old 13-06-2020, 07:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone managed to negotiate their pay increment in Min or SB? Already working there for some years. Possible to initiate such negotiations? Or will get blacklisted? Thx.
Reply With Quote
  #9916 (permalink)  
Old 13-06-2020, 07:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone managed to negotiate their pay increment in Min or SB? Already working there for some years. Possible to initiate such negotiations? Or will get blacklisted? Thx.
Don't quite understand what you mean by negotiation. Are you referring yourself working in a min or sb and want to negotiate your current pay? If so, who do you plan to approach?
Reply With Quote

  #9917 (permalink)  
Old 13-06-2020, 09:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don't quite understand what you mean by negotiation. Are you referring yourself working in a min or sb and want to negotiate your current pay? If so, who do you plan to approach?
I always hear of people negotiating for higher pay in private companies and I don't understand why nobody does that in the public service. After all, at least during LKY's time, the public service strive to remunerate competitively. If you bring value to justify it, why should it not be allowed? As for who to approach, I'm not sure. The director or HR maybe? Hoping someone who has tried can share.
Reply With Quote
  #9918 (permalink)  
Old 14-06-2020, 03:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
it was for the same role. DSTA. we discussed our salaries quite openly because we're pretty close.
From what I know, DSTA considers Masters to be equal to 1 year of work experience which is why your friend is getting more.
Reply With Quote
  #9919 (permalink)  
Old 14-06-2020, 10:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Looking to transition from private sector to civil service - getting quite tired of the corporate lifestyle.

Male in early 30s currently working in investment banking at one of the BB banks. Previous experience at a MNC. First class honours from a local uni, and also an MBA from a top US program before going into banking.

Keen to leverage my private sector experience and move into a finance (MAS?) or economic development (EDB, MTI?) related role in public sector. Have a couple of questions on that:

- Am expecting to take a pay cut for sure. But what level can I expect to enter realistically and what would the numbers look like?
- Would I be regarded as a second class citizen in public sector and progress slower than the scholars?

Thanks all!
Either Mx 11A or Mx10 for your case
Reply With Quote
  #9920 (permalink)  
Old 15-06-2020, 03:00 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Those with ns, if you are not command school, would your app be disadvantaged?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 149 15-06-2021 09:35 AM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,316 Replies, 1,704,850 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
560 Replies, 194,558 Views
What are the signs that your boss... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 652 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
340 Replies, 353,638 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,317 Replies, 364,190 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,515 Replies, 2,773,347 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,775 Replies, 492,586 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,698 Replies, 5,390,763 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,364 Replies, 2,826,607 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
644 Replies, 503,818 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,475 Replies, 1,624,041 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
363 Replies, 67,762 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
960 Replies, 319,859 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,845 Replies, 2,240,583 Views
Working in SMRT ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 23,101 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
394 Replies, 134,759 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
219 Replies, 166,573 Views
MFA- Foreign Service... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
45 Replies, 30,092 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,390 Replies, 7,911,801 Views
Cpf senior manager ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 3,040 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
490 Replies, 96,313 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,149 Replies, 641,189 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,201 Replies, 1,383,508 Views
Suitable job recommendations
3 Replies, 238 Views
Mid career switch - social worker
4 Replies, 2,184 Views
Htx ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
62 Replies, 8,827 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
446 Replies, 421,216 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,089 Replies, 801,164 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
163 Replies, 137,290 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2