Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 04-06-2020 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136515)
oh stfu boomer. gosh.

I am a millennial myself, albeit one that has been in the workforce for a few years. I don't understand the need to discriminate/attack based on age. Unless you are your own boss, very likely your big boss in your current or future workplace will be a boomer.

Ignorant ppl like you should know your place in the organization. As a new joiner to the workforce, you might even be too junior to staff a boomer senior management. Your place in the org will just be some silly gossiping with fellow fresh strawberry millennials in an obscure corner of the office.

From your posting, you should be an unemployed fresh grad without any real working ex to speak of. I hope you can land a job soon. Or u can start your own biz and hire all the fresh graduates and leave out the rest of the boomers.

Unregistered 04-06-2020 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136528)
I am a millennial myself, albeit one that has been in the workforce for a few years. I don't understand the need to discriminate/attack based on age. Unless you are your own boss, very likely your big boss in your current or future workplace will be a boomer.

Ignorant ppl like you should know your place in the organization. As a new joiner to the workforce, you might even be too junior to staff a boomer senior management. Your place in the org will just be some silly gossiping with fellow fresh strawberry millennials in an obscure corner of the office.

From your posting, you should be an unemployed fresh grad without any real working ex to speak of. I hope you can land a job soon. Or u can start your own biz and hire all the fresh graduates and leave out the rest of the boomers.

-Fresh Grad POV-

I am a millennial myself, albeit one that has been in the preparing myself to join the workforce for 4 years in university. I don't understand the need to discriminate/attack based on amount of work experience. Unless you are your own boss, very likely your big boss in your future workplace will be a person younger, yet more qualified than you to lead.

Ignorant ppl like you should know your place in the organization. As a current member of the workforce, you might even lack the correct qualifications to staff a junior position that requires specialized skills from certifications, accreditations and higher education. Your place in the org will just be some silly gossiping with fellow stuck up I-was-born-earlier-than-you millennials in an obscure corner of the office.

From your posting, you should be a Fortune 500 CEO with at least $1m of liquid assets but still too poor too afford a class on empathy. I hope you let us know where you work at so we can avoid it like the plague. Or u can leave and start your own biz and hire all your fellow authoritarian pricks and leave the rest of the world alone.

-End of Fresh Grad POV-

Sorry, I couldn't help it. This was too fun of a shitpost to pass up on.

Good morning guys :)

Unregistered 04-06-2020 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136531)
-Fresh Grad POV-

I am a millennial myself, albeit one that has been in the preparing myself to join the workforce for 4 years in university. I don't understand the need to discriminate/attack based on amount of work experience. Unless you are your own boss, very likely your big boss in your future workplace will be a person younger, yet more qualified than you to lead.

Ignorant ppl like you should know your place in the organization. As a current member of the workforce, you might even lack the correct qualifications to staff a junior position that requires specialized skills from certifications, accreditations and higher education. Your place in the org will just be some silly gossiping with fellow stuck up I-was-born-earlier-than-you millennials in an obscure corner of the office.

From your posting, you should be a Fortune 500 CEO with at least $1m of liquid assets but still too poor too afford a class on empathy. I hope you let us know where you work at so we can avoid it like the plague. Or u can leave and start your own biz and hire all your fellow authoritarian pricks and leave the rest of the world alone.

-End of Fresh Grad POV-

Sorry, I couldn't help it. This was too fun of a shitpost to pass up on.

Good morning guys :)

Dear Fresh Grad, good morning! Good to see you waking up so early in the morning to continue the job search. Sure, please feel extremely good about yourself and your ability to lead the rest of the world after the life-transforming 4 years you spent in the best university in the world! I am so looking forward to seeing you being directly appointed as a CEO leading the entire pack once you have been recruited into the company of your choice!

Have a great day searching for the company to directly hire you as their CEO. You deserve nothing less, my dear :)

Unregistered 04-06-2020 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136504)
The personal insults aside, I have to really agree with the 1st para. I don't get the fresh grad bashing in this forum -> at the end of the day, let them try whatever it is they want to try. If they are arrogant and ask for too much, may they lose the job entirely. But if they dare to ask and get the salary, then your negativity just reeks of jealousy.

I agree with the second half of your statement. I would tell him to take a hike. But that is me, govt may in fact be more lenient.

Unregistered 04-06-2020 10:39 AM

Good morning all. Can I ask what are the different roles offered and their ranking? I got offered a senior executive role although the JD stated manager so just wanted to check if senior executive is slightly or much lower than manager? Don't want to get lowballed

Unregistered 04-06-2020 12:02 PM

The boomer vs zoomer comeback is getting really old. But to address the point of contention raised here, honestly I get it from both sides. Graduating into a recession sucks, because you’re lowballed by default and you’re stuck with shitty ass market rates and it will probably scar your pay scales for the next few years. But if you already know you’re graduating into a recession and that lowballs are inevitable, do you really think you still stand an objective chance to negotiate with the offer with your fresh grad experiences? The other point brought up (and I believe it’s not to chide fresh grads) is also a good point - that fresh grads tend to over value their “skills sets” (which oftentimes are little to none, in the eyes of the employer) and inflate their expected starting salaries. “Boomers” definitely have a good point when they try to “keep us in check” because hey, I was guilty of inflating my expected starting salaries too. Sometimes when I see you fresh grads raise these concerns I have my doubts if they’re genuine questions or if you guys are seeking validation to maintain your own expected salary echo chamber.

To the OP asking, if you think you’re worth more than 2.2k and u want to use the leeway to negotiate then go ahead. Otherwise, just move on and seek another offer. But in this climate, be mentally prepared to take a huge pay cut off the “usual market rates” and expect employers to justify it w “traineeship pay”.

lavenderblues 04-06-2020 12:06 PM

Hello all, have been working in CS for 2.5years. Just became a MX12 last year. My MI that I received this year was only 3.5%. Is it normal for it to be so low? Cant help feeling disappointed regarding my MI and have no motivation to work now.. the grade I got was C+

Unregistered 04-06-2020 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136519)
thanks for reply... But i say the salary range of duputy director and above have more than 10k salary right? Are they really unable to pay for mid career switch from private sector ? Btw , i am only at age 32. Do they even consider a 32 years old to become a duputy director role?

In general, its not about the age per say. Its more about specific skillsets or directly relevant experience you being to CS/PS. Excluding high potential officers, most mid-30s are SMs or ADs.

Unregistered 04-06-2020 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lavenderblues (Post 136556)
Hello all, have been working in CS for 2.5years. Just became a MX12 last year. My MI that I received this year was only 3.5%. Is it normal for it to be so low? Cant help feeling disappointed regarding my MI and have no motivation to work now.. the grade I got was C+

3.5% is crazy low. I was MX 12 last Yr, got 7% increment for B grade as MX 12. Could be the bad economy.

Unregistered 04-06-2020 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136581)
3.5% is crazy low. I was MX 12 last Yr, got 7% increment for B grade as MX 12. Could be the bad economy.

hmmm the answer is obvious... B ~ higher increment % vs C+ ~ lower increment %... increment % is never a fixed amount and do differ