Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 02-06-2020 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136165)
should allowance be factored into monthly gross given that allowance is a fixed monthly sum? (i.e. gross pay = basic + allowance)

It is better to use just the basic pay (not adding any component) and annual pay (based on income tax total income) for reference.

Monthly gross will be the total income reflected in your income tax divided by 12.

Unregistered 02-06-2020 01:56 AM

Hi, fresh grad here offer a 3yr contract in a stat board and starting work in mid july. Would like to ask if anyone knows if during my 6 month probation, am I eligible to pro-rated AWS and end year bonus? Also, i heard from a friend that public sector must work more than 1 year to be eligible for PB in march. Can anyone verify if it's true? Thanks in advance.

Unregistered 02-06-2020 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136226)
Hi, fresh grad here offer a 3yr contract in a stat board and starting work in mid july. Would like to ask if anyone knows if during my 6 month probation, am I eligible to pro-rated AWS and end year bonus? Also, i heard from a friend that public sector must work more than 1 year to be eligible for PB in march. Can anyone verify if it's true? Thanks in advance.

Hi, mind sharing the amount offered by the SB to help other forumers? To answer your qns, you will be getting the prorated AWS n year end.

Unregistered 02-06-2020 01:19 PM

Quote:

aws prorated.
PB and AVC (if any) will be prorated as well. but pb will be based on prorate of default banding

Unregistered 02-06-2020 06:24 PM

any1 gone through pslp? what should I expect for:

- psychometric tests <-- is this like an IQ test equivalent?
- group discussion exercise <-- what kind of discussion? what to expect?
- interview <-- what would they usually ask at this stage?

curious.

Unregistered 02-06-2020 09:19 PM

Quote:

Hi, fresh grad here offer a 3yr contract in a stat board and starting work in mid july. Would like to ask if anyone knows if during my 6 month probation, am I eligible to pro-rated AWS and end year bonus? Also, i heard from a friend that public sector must work more than 1 year to be eligible for PB in march. Can anyone verify if it's true? Thanks in advanc.

Hi, i was offer 4k for engineer/tech scheme

binoxydil 02-06-2020 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136333)

Can share which statboard and discipline?

Unregistered 02-06-2020 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136333)

govtech? or mas?

Unregistered 02-06-2020 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136314)
any1 gone through pslp? what should I expect for:

- psychometric tests <-- is this like an IQ test equivalent?
- group discussion exercise <-- what kind of discussion? what to expect?
- interview <-- what would they usually ask at this stage?

curious.

i went through the entire process. psychometric test is the usual govt psychometric test, mostly logical reasoning.
group discussion exercise and interview are combined. the same assessors will evaluate you throughout. usually they are DS (deputy sec)

group discussion usually involves policy making, for example debating on whether smoking should be banned in singapore.

interview will be about your views on policies in general, your passion in life, and why you want PSLP. they are looking for driven individuals with the a strong sense of purpose to serve and a clear direction.

Unregistered 03-06-2020 04:07 AM

Currently working in a tech role at a SB. I graduated last year from local uni and am taking a local uni master's in the tech field. Does anyone know how much salary increment I can get after obtaining a master's?