Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 19-05-2020 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134586)
D,E,F - Fresh/Junior - MX13 but pay is MX12/11 - Assistant Manager in SB/Min
G,H - the main work force - MX12 but pay is MX11/10lower - Mgr in SB/Min
I - Senior - MX11 but pay is MX10upper - Snr Mgr/AD in SB/Min
J - Lead - MX11a but pay is MX10upper/9 - SAD in SB/Min
K - Principle - MX10 but pay is MX9/8 - DD in SB/Min

are you from HR? or you assume the mapping based on designation?
from govtech H to ministry SAD mx11a. got a increment but ministry HR told me its a similar grade..

Unregistered 19-05-2020 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134657)
are you from HR? or you assume the mapping based on designation?
from govtech H to ministry SAD mx11a. got a increment but ministry HR told me its a similar grade..

in case you are mapping based on designation or role instead of pay.

on general, this is how a IT designation versus other policy division within the SAME organisation
IT engineer = AM (fresh grad)
Senior engineer = M/SM (1-4yrs exp)
AM/associate consultant = AD (3-8yrs exp)
M/consultant = SAD (6-12yrs exp)
SM/senior consultant = Head
DD = D

hope this explains

Unregistered 19-05-2020 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134579)
don't think this is right.

i am from LTA.
last year my team recruited a grade H from govtech to LTA as a grade 9. within 9mths he left and join a ministry as a SAD @ mx11a.

may i asked what is the pay range for LTA grade 9.

Unregistered 20-05-2020 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134661)
may i asked what is the pay range for LTA grade 9.

i am not the original poster.

lta grade 9 ceiling is at 8400..
package comprises of aws, avc, pb about 2mths for avg performer and mac about 0.5 to 1.2 for rail engineering or IT related work

Unregistered 20-05-2020 10:17 PM

Salary is 6k and ceiling at 8k, yearly increment is 200, it will take 10 years to reach ceiling. Anyone can advise the real timeline for an average performer to reach ceiling in the assumption case?

Unregistered 20-05-2020 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134724)
Salary is 6k and ceiling at 8k, yearly increment is 200, it will take 10 years to reach ceiling. Anyone can advise the real timeline for an average performer to reach ceiling in the assumption case?

if you mean the average average. you will take more than 10 years.
typically around 2-3% max

Unregistered 22-05-2020 01:06 PM

I joined a ministry last year at 4k, local uni, FCH with NS. Does anyone know roughly how many years it'll take for me to hit 7k?

Unregistered 22-05-2020 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134844)
I joined a ministry last year at 4k, local uni, FCH with NS. Does anyone know roughly how many years it'll take for me to hit 7k?

yearly increment 200, so you'll need 15 years

Unregistered 22-05-2020 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134844)
I joined a ministry last year at 4k, local uni, FCH with NS. Does anyone know roughly how many years it'll take for me to hit 7k?

you should be promoted the following year.
after that, all depends on performance. FCH doesn't help.

Unregistered 22-05-2020 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134844)
I joined a ministry last year at 4k, local uni, FCH with NS. Does anyone know roughly how many years it'll take for me to hit 7k?

if u are just slightly above avg performer, assuming u reach mx11a in 10 years. You likely hit 7k in about 13/14 years in total

on the other hand, if you are good performer and reaches mx10 in about 10/11 years, you will hit 7k probably around 9/10 years just before you reach mx10


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2