Compare civil service salary - Page 921 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #9201 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2020, 07:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

im the same poster from #9200, just to add-on, the only other legit reason i could think of them rejecting u is bcos ur 40 years old or older n ageism exists in the job market.

Ministries usually have stricter background checks compared to Statboards. if u can't clear the final stage of interviews with 2 different Ministries, i'm sad to say it's a very high chance there's something SERIOUSLY WRONG with your personal background or u are hiding it from us.

try applying for a Statboard. if Statboard also cannot clear, den just forget about govt jobs liao.

Reply With Quote
  #9202 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2020, 07:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
im the same poster from #9200, just to add-on, the only other legit reason i could think of them rejecting u is bcos ur 40 years old or older n ageism exists in the job market.

Ministries usually have stricter background checks compared to Statboards. if u can't clear the final stage of interviews with 2 different Ministries, i'm sad to say it's a very high chance there's something SERIOUSLY WRONG with your personal background or u are hiding it from us.

try applying for a Statboard. if Statboard also cannot clear, den just forget about govt jobs liao.
oh, i forgot 1 more thing. did u break any bond with the govt?

Reply With Quote
  #9203 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2020, 02:13 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Temp staff convertion

Hi all,

Iím a temp staff that is planning to get converted. I have a part time pte degree and three yrs of exp with ns. If my experience was when I donít have a degree yet will hr still consider that I have no experience? The position is at a statboard

Reply With Quote
  #9204 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2020, 09:45 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

it's actually not unusual. The first interviews are conducted by DDs and Directors. Final interviews are by Senior Management (e.g. DSes, CEs) There can be 101 reasons why they decide not to hire u.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
im the same poster from #9200, just to add-on, the only other legit reason i could think of them rejecting u is bcos ur 40 years old or older n ageism exists in the job market.

Ministries usually have stricter background checks compared to Statboards. if u can't clear the final stage of interviews with 2 different Ministries, i'm sad to say it's a very high chance there's something SERIOUSLY WRONG with your personal background or u are hiding it from us.

try applying for a Statboard. if Statboard also cannot clear, den just forget about govt jobs liao.
Reply With Quote
  #9205 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2020, 12:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all,

Iím a temp staff that is planning to get converted. I have a part time pte degree and three yrs of exp with ns. If my experience was when I donít have a degree yet will hr still consider that I have no experience? The position is at a statboard
Not if things are diff in Mins. But based on me experience (sb), I would say try to peesent a case with your exp to justify why you deserve that higher starting pay. If you fail it's ok, at least no regrets.

The HR wont be nice and tell you that you can actually use certain experience to ask for higher. They just take what you submit... This was my personal experience coming in from private as experienced hire but given mx13 Senior Exec cos I stupidly asked for it when applying thinking it was a decent post. They called me to double cfm that's the position I was applying for and I stupidly said yes. They also double cfm that the salary I was asking for and I said yes. On hindsight it might have shown tat they were stunned at my "self lowball" but didnt want to highlight it.
Reply With Quote
  #9206 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2020, 03:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Fresh grad here with FCH, I got 2 job offers, one from an economic ministry (policy role) and another as an analyst at Nielsen (American MNC). I'm really torn on which to pick because both jobs seem interesting to me. Ministry starting salary is higher., not sure about prospects though. Can you guys offer insight/guidance on which I should pick pls thanks!
Reply With Quote

  #9207 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2020, 03:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Fresh grad here with FCH, I got 2 job offers, one from an economic ministry (policy role) and another as an analyst at Nielsen (American MNC). I'm really torn on which to pick because both jobs seem interesting to me. Ministry starting salary is higher., not sure about prospects though. Can you guys offer insight/guidance on which I should pick pls thanks!
in times like these (covid-19), it's a no-brainer to choose the govt job.
Reply With Quote
  #9208 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2020, 09:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Fresh grad here with FCH, I got 2 job offers, one from an economic ministry (policy role) and another as an analyst at Nielsen (American MNC). I'm really torn on which to pick because both jobs seem interesting to me. Ministry starting salary is higher., not sure about prospects though. Can you guys offer insight/guidance on which I should pick pls thanks!
Ministry!!!! What policy would you do? Is tf ur interest
Reply With Quote
  #9209 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2020, 07:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Poster from #9198 and related.

Interesting points from other posters regarding the possibilities of rejection.

I must say unfortunately there are no "shameful pasts" that I may be hiding. However, I do have a private degree cert even though its a FCH. Not wanting to dive into a debate with regards to local versus private but I am always forward and highlighted these during the interview and my resume.

Unless I mistook the way the I cleared round one within a day and got invited to 2nd round in a day, tbe director telling me he wants me in, and the HR affirming it after that outside the room, I am pretty sure the interview went very well.

Anyway, I am really trying to see are there anyone like me during this time as I was initially wondering if cvoid had an impact. However one of the poster mentioned previously that there isnt an impact?
Reply With Quote
  #9210 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2020, 10:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Poster from #9198 and related.

Interesting points from other posters regarding the possibilities of rejection.

I must say unfortunately there are no "shameful pasts" that I may be hiding. However, I do have a private degree cert even though its a FCH. Not wanting to dive into a debate with regards to local versus private but I am always forward and highlighted these during the interview and my resume.

Unless I mistook the way the I cleared round one within a day and got invited to 2nd round in a day, tbe director telling me he wants me in, and the HR affirming it after that outside the room, I am pretty sure the interview went very well.

Anyway, I am really trying to see are there anyone like me during this time as I was initially wondering if cvoid had an impact. However one of the poster mentioned previously that there isnt an impact?
im 1 of the posters who replied to your post earlier.

like i said earlier, ur a pretty straightforward guy. and a pretty simple-minded n happy-go-lucky guy if i may add, judging from your posts. take their answers with a pinch of salt. they may sugarcoat it and u may not know what's going on behind the scenes with regards to your hiring/job application.

i have experience in Civil Service (CS). let's just say that most, if not all of the time for pte degree holders that i interact with (i've interacted with a mix of close to 20 local and pte degree holders FYI), they usually hire those in QS Uni World Top 200 Rankings + SMU. and if ur pte degree holder, u rly rly rly need to possess a special/unique skillset that the hirers are looking out for.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 143 07-09-2020 04:27 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,216 Replies, 3,481,129 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,423 Replies, 1,441,960 Views
Capgemini tester trainee ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 1,022 Views
26 no degree is all hope lost?... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
47 Replies, 1,300 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
280 Replies, 249,467 Views
How to start a small business ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 3,854 Views
Dillema: University of Melbourne... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 1,926 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
485 Replies, 350,350 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 5,523 Views
Programming and consullting
6 Replies, 1,155 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,891 Replies, 1,290,012 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,352 Replies, 6,371,971 Views
Murex
3 Replies, 1,520 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
608 Replies, 170,570 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
215 Replies, 131,069 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
177 Replies, 51,790 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
255 Replies, 166,823 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,761 Replies, 1,465,175 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,089 Replies, 1,952,708 Views
Feeling helpless, need advice... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 9,931 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,175 Replies, 900,893 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,497 Replies, 352,733 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
268 Replies, 52,278 Views
How is HTX Associate Programme...
6 Replies, 566 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
51 Replies, 29,525 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
125 Replies, 56,348 Views
Restructured hospital salaries ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
62 Replies, 54,478 Views
GovTech / CSA / IMDA
3 Replies, 1,005 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
554 Replies, 28,806 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2